What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2016 lineup

Twenty10

Juniors
I know a lot of people had high hopes in Hutchinson but to be honest, from what I have seen he has another Beau Henry written all over him. Crook is a better prospect.

Exactly. At least you are a realist. The kid is lazy and will not feature.

Coast, you are quite simply... Dumb. Please be quiet.

Twenty10

Juniors
Hahah Hutchinson. Very very f**ken funny. All the drongos who complain about losing are the same drongos who want Hutchinson in first grade. He is hopeless.

grandorient

Bench
I'm not seeing any signings that is going to make 2016 a season where the Dragons are going to improve on 2015.

This is a pretty accurate assessment in my view.

We have Mann, hardly a Jennings, Hodges or Ferguson.

Mose, Should be a credible signing and add heaps to our pack.

Packer Should add to our pack, but at this point, a little unknown.

Then we have the forward from Manly and the hooker from the Warriors, bench players at best.

Then lastly but not leastly, we have Mary and no sight of an attacking coach.

Unless there are a few additional signings, including the attacking coach, I can't see us being much better of than this year; perhaps a bit more of an opportunity to be a little higher up the top 8.

GO

FlameThrower

Bench
The lack of attack has to be looked at seriously, it's been like this for years, and sole focus has been our forwards but now our centres and wingers are not good enough but not helped by little in attack structure or plays?

boardlumps62

Juniors
I vote for grandorient as recuitment assistant. No speed or skill in the winger and centre department we are going nowhere in 2016.

BennyV

Referee

Then we have the forward from Manly and the hooker from the Warriors, bench players at best.

Unless there are a few additional signings, including the attacking coach, I can't see us being much better of than this year; perhaps a bit more of an opportunity to be a little higher up the top 8.

GO

Havili was a bench player...for the Kiwis!

That dude tapdances into our top 17 and will be starting hooker by 2017.

Wittenberg

Juniors
I my opinion Mose is a good signing and Mann has proven to be solid for the Storm. The rest of our signings appear more of the same. Apparently until 2017 we are just treading water. Packer? From what I use to see and from what I have seen in the Cutters, he is slow and lazy, no saviour there. He will add size and maybe he will be motivated to prove people wrong, but at the moment seems a bit of a gamble. Hutchinson? I think he is, at best, a bench player, certainly not one to ignite our attack and Nightingale, we need to pick him on form, not emotion because both our current wingers should not be in our run on side.

RedVDave

First Grade
1. Duges
2. Mann
3. Aitken
4. Farrell
5. Nightingale
6. Widdop
7. Benji
8. Ah Mau.
9. Rein
10. Packer
11. Frizzell
12. Thompson
13. Cooper

14. Masoe
15. Creagh (c)
16. Garvey
17. Marketo

ruthless dragon

Juniors

GO

Yep get rid of Millward.

Twenty10 joins the ignore list.

I doubt he like a few other so called fans in here would even know what a good player actually is.

Weipa Dragon

Juniors
I going to have a punt here and have no doubt the team wil be much different next year.
1. Dugan 2. Glymin 3. Mann 4 . Mata 5. Nighty 6. Widdop 7. Hutch/ bunji 8. Packer 9 havili 10. Leeson 11. Frizell 12. Joel 13. Cooper 14. Masoe 15. Mathews 16. Creagh 17. Garvey

Get2dachopper!

Juniors
Dugan cannot possibly play fullback next year. Overpaid I hear? Who cares. His contract is up at the end of 2017, and I'd be only offering a centre's salary. Doesn't like it, he can sod off. He is a centre IMO. We need a fullback who knows how to throw some decent ball to our wingers.

And Glymin or Matatuia will fight out left wing spot, whoever is faster. Aitken too needs to work on his speed.

V

Vasilevsky

1. Duges
2. Mann
3. Aitken
4. Farrell
5. Nightingale
6. Widdop
7. Benji
8. Ah Mau.
9. Rein
10. Packer
11. Frizzell
12. Thompson
13. Cooper

14. Masoe
15. Creagh (c)
16. Garvey
17. Marketo

That backline is just outright depressing. I'm going to have a crack so if you disagree, please don't be a homie on me.

1. Dugan
2. Glymin
3. Aitken
4. Mann (or Matautai)
5. Matautai (or a guy from the U20s this year. Mann is not fast enough to play on the wing)
6. Widdop
7. Benji
8. Au Mau
9. Havili or Rein (but hopefully Robbie Farah)
10. Packer
11. Frizell
12. Thompson
13. JDB

14. Nightingale (not fast enough to play wing anymore. Needs to go back from whence he came. An interchange utility. With the reduced interchange it should suit him.)
15. Creagh
16. Matthews
17. Cooper

Wittenberg

Juniors
Well done Vas a tough call but Nightingale is no longer up to it and Airken has not lived up to expectations. A very good solid defensive centre developing but slow and lacking offensive strike power.

winnie the pooh

Juniors
That backline is just outright depressing. I'm going to have a crack so if you disagree, please don't be a homie on me.

1. Dugan
2. Glymin
3. Aitken
4. Mann (or Matautai)
5. Matautai (or a guy from the U20s this year. Mann is not fast enough to play on the wing)
6. Widdop
7. Benji
8. Au Mau
9. Havili or Rein (but hopefully Robbie Farah)
10. Packer
11. Frizell
12. Thompson
13. JDB

14. Nightingale (not fast enough to play wing anymore. Needs to go back from whence he came. An interchange utility. With the reduced interchange it should suit him.)
15. Creagh
16. Matthews
17. Cooper

I'll be disappointed if Mose plays for the Cutters.