What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2016 lineup

winnie the pooh

Juniors
Not necessarily. I've been told there are one or two more to come but won't be announced until their respective team/s have been knocked out. So might have to wait until week 2 of the finals. When Souths get knocked out.

Phil9496

Juniors
With the non resigning for next year of another good Junior in Shannon Crook that will just about do it for me. This young kid grew up playing with Hastings and Bird and started at the Dragons at the age of about 13. So after learning your trade at the club over 8 years it's just goodbye. I won't bag other players but I've watched a lot of this kid over the years and he has a lot more to offer compared to some other halves we have. Why have a Junior talent pool when we can't manage it. So in that, good luck Shannon Crook and I hope you go on to bigger and better things and come back to bite this club in the arse.

hardbaby

Coach
The only change I see to the backline is Mann. The question is does he play fullback with Dugan at centre? The pack will be strong. But we need to shuffle the backline and hopefully sign one more outside back. I'm confident the team will be better in 2016. I would also like Thompson as captain. Small changes but important ones.

Aitken not lived upto expectations lol fmd some people are so stupid its amazing.

He is a 19 year old kid still eligable for the NYC playing his first season in the NRL and yet again the usual knobs who i dare say know f**k all about the game want to bag him out.

hardbaby

Coach
Aitken has had a fantastic debut season. There are some elements he needs to work on but he is a ten year player.

Morotti

Juniors
Mary has already said Creagh will be in the team and captain for as long as he wants. And I would expect that he will retire at the end of next year. But to be honest whilst he is not dynamic you know exactly what you are going to get from him each week.

With Nightingale, he is coming back from an injury and it looks as though it was something he played with for a bit of the season. So perhaps we should let him get better and have an off season under his belt before we judge too harshly. In my opinion he is one of the lowest mistake players in the NRL, never goes backwards when taking the ball up and is a great competitor. Let's remember I think it will be just him and Creagh who will have been part of the 2010 premiership team. So perhaps let's not cast him aside too quickly.

I think Marshall is a big problem personally. Widdop needs to take more control of the game and I think it will be tough with Marshall there. He is meant to be our dynamic back who produces brilliance but I think it is too much rocks these days and not enough diamonds. I am not sure he suits our style.

Watching us against the Titans this weekend we looked great when we went straight up the middle. We fell away when we tried to go too much sideways without first punching through the middle.

I think Packer is a must. I expect him to be a bench player next year though. But also I expect him to come to every game 100% focused.

We struggle to build pressure and make teams second guess themselves. Broncos game is a classic case of that. We got down their end plenty but never worried their defenders. It was embarrassing to watch.

With Hutchinson, to me he seems as though he will end up too big for the halves. He is a giant of a kid and will take a few years to fully develop. Would it be possible for him to transition to an edge backrower? I worry he may not be able to make that transition but could he transform like I believe Curtis Sironen has done and I would expect perhaps Bryce Cartwright may have played some halves in his time given his ball skills. Also I think he has had a pretty poor introduction to first grade in that he hasn't had a chance to play consistently which would affect his performance.

BennyV

Referee
With the non resigning for next year of another good Junior in Shannon Crook that will just about do it for me. This young kid grew up playing with Hastings and Bird and started at the Dragons at the age of about 13. So after learning your trade at the club over 8 years it's just goodbye. I won't bag other players but I've watched a lot of this kid over the years and he has a lot more to offer compared to some other halves we have. Why have a Junior talent pool when we can't manage it. So in that, good luck Shannon Crook and I hope you go on to bigger and better things and come back to bite this club in the arse.

Dude, are you his dad? I mean, I dont like that we aren't re-signing him either, but it seems to be all you comment about!!

Phil9496

Juniors
Dude, are you his dad? I mean, I dont like that we aren't re-signing him either, but it seems to be all you comment about!!

LOL. No mate im not. Im just sick of watching our talent be let go. Wouldnt be surprised if Garvey isnt with us next year either. Still not contracted either. Thats a whole group of kids that grew up playing together in our Junior ranks. I do appologise for going on a bit, but Im just over the loss of talent.

BennyV

Referee
LOL. No mate im not. Im just sick of watching our talent be let go. Wouldnt be surprised if Garvey isnt with us next year either. Still not contracted either. Thats a whole group of kids that grew up playing together in our Junior ranks. I do appologise for going on a bit, but Im just over the loss of talent.

No need to apologize, I feel ya! I've kept an eye on this kid for years, since a mate of my brother who played 20s with him mentioned him. Hard to believe he isnt in our long term plan.

The Cobra

Juniors
Just another great decision by our recruitment/retension department,hope they have some plan in place because after seeing Crook in the nines & a few Cutters games,he could be the one we DO need to keep.

BennyV

Referee

Wait, if you've got no connection to him, how do you now he was told he isnt wanted? There's a conflicting story somewhere in JA saying that he was originally unwanted but Mulholland has thrown him a lifeline...

blacksafake

First Grade
Not necessarily. I've been told there are one or two more to come but won't be announced until their respective team/s have been knocked out. So might have to wait until week 2 of the finals. When Souths get knocked out.
A mate of mine with souths connection says it may be Goodwin & Au Vau(spelling?) has rejected their offer which could be something.:?

blacksafake

First Grade
Don't want Goodwin. Don't feel particularly comfortable signing Auva'a.
I feel the same too BV.More than happy to give people a second chance but imo woman bashing is different.Plus he carries on like a pork chop on the field.