What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2016 Match Review Committee / Judiciary

lockyno1

Post Whore
I said from the outset yesterday that the lack of charge for Ennis is confusing actually.

Yet you have no issue with Klemmer not being charged..funny that!

Either sit them all down (as they should) or don't charge them. Be consistent though.

For the record I have no issue with the high penalties for shoulder charges as the potential to cause injury is high.

Pete Cash

Post Whore
No the issue is that in no way in hell either the Ennis or Klemmer tackle deserve a week off despite being textbook grade 1 shoulder charges and the NRL has then overcharged Wighton because of it.

How is the risk of Ennis injuring a person with that tackle any more than a high shot which attracts significantly less loading. Secondly if Wighton had done that exact tackle on the goalline like Koroibete then it would be what ok ? because of circumstance ?

nick87

Coach
The thing that really makes me mad is that according to the rules, the Raiders can not use the Ennis no charge as evidence to help exonerate Jack Wighton, yet the NRL used it to justify charging him. That's totally ridiculous and completely unfair

And frankly, it could be argued that by doing that, the NRL HQ have given Wighton no chance at a fair hearing because the NRL have come out so hard to try and defend the indefensible. How can the Judicary be expected to be fair and impartial when the NRL for the first time ever took measures to come out and outline EXACTLY why he's guilty?

And worse, using the Ennis case as a direct comparision to do so... which is proven to be wrong already and yet whilst they release a f**king statement using it to defend their actions, we can't use it to defend Wighton

Is there a single person who could with a straight face argue this is a fair and just process?

BestHookerRein

Juniors
The thing that really makes me mad is that according to the rules, the Raiders can not use the Ennis no charge as evidence to help exonerate Jack Wighton, yet the NRL used it to justify charging him. That's totally ridiculous and completely unfair

And frankly, it could be argued that by doing that, the NRL HQ have given Wighton no chance at a fair hearing because the NRL have come out so hard to try and defend the indefensible. How can the Judicary be expected to be fair and impartial when the NRL for the first time ever took measures to come out and outline EXACTLY why he's guilty?

And worse, using the Ennis case as a direct comparision to do so... which is proven to be wrong already and yet whilst they release a f**king statement using it to defend their actions, we can't use it to defend Wighton

Is there a single person who could with a straight face argue this is a fair and just process?

I'm sure there are plenty of Shark fans, and NRL Sympathisers on this board

TheFrog

Coach
They used their guidelines to explain why Player x was charged and Player Y wasn't, pre-empting the outcry that has now come.

Perhaps it might have been better if they'd just charged whomever they thought warranted it and played their cards close to their chest.

Pete Cash

Post Whore
The weird thing is I reckon if we had played on the saturday night and Sharks on the sunday we would have probably got away with it and Ennis would have been hit with a grade 1 shoulder charge.

This is how the NRL works. They just do whatever and then when they get criticised they go crazy in the other direction. They got a little stick over the lack of charges from the bulldogs grubathon and Ennis shoulder charge and so they get a borderline tackle on the sunday and instead of going hmmm maybe to be consistent we should let this one go they overcharge Wighton in a reactionary attempt to show they mean business.

Paullyboy

Coach
The NRL could recreate the f**king third reich and Tim Tam would defend them. It's a pathetic display for sure and certain, you can only hope it's all part of some elaborate plan to worm his way into their payroll.
Haha I think everyone just assumes that's his plan. He's clearly either already employed in some shitkicker role and wants a promotion or even more hilariously thinks this place is his ticket in.

adamkungl

Immortal
Fifita could write "I love murdering kids" across the back of his jersey and Pearce could root every dog on the eastern seaboard and it still wouldn't bring the game into disrepute as much as the NRL and its MRC does on a week to week basis. If they had any consistency in punishments for bringing the game into disrepute they'd sack themselves.

BestHookerRein

Juniors
Fifita could write "I love murdering kids" across the back of his jersey and Pearce could root every dog on the eastern seaboard and it still wouldn't bring the game into disrepute as much as the NRL and its MRC does on a week to week basis. If they had any consistency in punishments for bringing the game into disrepute they'd sack themselves.

It's a flawed system.... We should follow VFL's lead with fines for minor discretions, and match bans for the majors.

Pete Cash

Post Whore
Instead all you Canberra supporters blaming Jack for that stupid shoulder charge, all your anger is addressed to Gallen for giving an opinion as if the NRL takes what he says literally.

Has an opposition captain ever weighed in to back the NRL in suspending a player lol

A few nerves running through the Cronulla camp. They know this would be the greatest choke in NRL history if they were to lose and they are feeling it.

Generalzod

Immortal

Pete Cash

Post Whore
Isn't it what happened though Pete.....He did knock him out....

Since when do opposition captains comment on matters before the judiciary. If it was Croker I would hope he would have simply said no comment.

But we know that you guys are feeling it. The pressure is building.

Surely

Post Whore
He was alright

Also, I think the NRL should take a harder line rubbing blokes out if they are scum but Tilse wasnt actually charged with anything. Its not really comparable with Fifita publicly supporting a bloke who went on a drunken rampage around Sydney that was so bad he literally created a moral panic about alcohol fuelled violence.

that's true not breaking a law is far worse

in bong land maybe

Generalzod

Immortal
Has an opposition captain ever weighed in to back the NRL in suspending a player lol

A few nerves running through the Cronulla camp. They know this would be the greatest choke in NRL history if they were to lose and they are feeling it.
Win or lose still proud of what they achieved this year.......It's you that's taking this whigton thing so personally, I told you it's part of the NRL drama he'll get off...

Pete Cash

Post Whore
Yes, shoulder charging a player without the ball shows a great deal of duty of care.

Yes the utter gall from Gallen who let us not forget is directly responsible for the NRLs no punching rule. It would be like if Inglis came out and said he didnt think that Wighton showed a lot of care with that shoulder charge.

Generalzod

Immortal
Yes the utter gall from Gallen who let us not forget is directly responsible for the NRLs no punching rule. It would be like if Inglis came out and said he didnt think that Wighton showed a lot of care with that shoulder charge.

Pete as if Gallen was the only player in the History of the NRL to throw a punch...

nick87

Coach
I dont blame Gallen at all, he's doing all he can to ensure Wighton is suspended because he doesnt think they have a chance if Wighton plays. I mean its pretty sad stuff but that's where the Sharks are as a team right now.

It's up to the NRL to tell him to put a sock in it and the judiciary to recognise his views are heavily tainted by the fact he's got to play Wighton's team this week.

Its pretty funny to see how f**king terrified of the Raiders the sharks are. They've lost the game before a ball is kicked.

Latest posts