What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2016 Match Review Committee / Judiciary

Pete Cash

Post Whore
yep
that's the same.

So where do we draw the line at acceptable criminals to support publicly.

So obviously terrorist is out. Fifita cant support a terrorist. Got it loud and clear. What about a serial killer ? would that be ok. A serial rapist ? Where do you shark fans draw the line at what Fifita can support while wearing sharks colours.

If Loveridge had killed another person on his drunken rampage would that be a bridge too far. Is one killing just the right amount of killing for this to be ok.

myrrh ken

First Grade
What was he charged with?

He was alright

Also, I think the NRL should take a harder line rubbing blokes out if they are scum but Tilse wasnt actually charged with anything. Its not really comparable with Fifita publicly supporting a bloke who went on a drunken rampage around Sydney that was so bad he literally created a moral panic about alcohol fuelled violence.

f**k this forum moves fast. Tilse wasn't charged as victim didnt take it further but he was sacked and deregistered for 12 months which indicates the NRL thought there was something in it. Fifita is not charged with anything either.

The point is about what does this say about the Raiders for knowingly recruiting him after this? You say Sharks should take moral high ground on Fifita when they didn''t know what he was doing and he hasn't done anything which could constitute an offence.

EDIT

"Supporting" a merkin? Hangable offence.

Being a merkin? Get a gig at the raiders.

Pete Cash

Post Whore
f**k this forum moves fast. Tilse wasn't charged as victim didnt take it further but he was sacked and deregistered for 12 months which indicates the NRL thought there was something in it. Fifita is not charged with anything either.

The point is about what does this say about the Raiders for knowingly recruiting him after this? You say Sharks should take moral high ground on Fifita when they didn''t know what he was doing and he hasn't done anything which could constitute an offence.

EDIT

"Supporting" a merkin? Hangable offence.

Being a merkin? Get a gig at the raiders.

I think you are confused mate because you see I dont think what Fifita did was illegal just by doing it in Sharks colours the club has effectively endorsed it.

I will give you the same challenge I gave the other guy. If you work in a place that has a uniform policy record a video of you voicing support for Loveridge in said uniform and post it to youtube.

Paullyboy

Coach
I couldn't care less about what Gallen had to say, I couldn't care less about the off-topic ramblings about completely unrelated FIfita/Tilse etc accusations.

All I want to see is if the NRL realise they've been caught trying to rig the system and try to save face by making the right decision, or whether they double down and just go for the outright cheat.

ek999

First Grade
WTF does Fifita and Tilse have to do with the MRC? Although if we are going to be off topic remember when the Raiders sacked Steve Irwin for being a passenger in a high speed chase who stayed at the scene after it ended but kept Carney who was the driver, was disqualified and fled the scene on foot?

Personally I think the MRC got it right in their charges for Ennis and Wighton under the criteria they need to be charged. I do think they could tighten it up a bit to ensure tackles like the Ennis one get charged in the future

Pete Cash

Post Whore
Yes, that was pretty terrible and I am glad that we got rid of those types. Good point Ek999. Maybe Cronulla should consider not employing a guy who in club uniform supported a killer ? Just a crazy suggestion i know. Maybe the NRL would rather their media reach not be used by an oaf to support a violent killer.

myrrh ken

First Grade
Yeah sorry for going OT. I was just indulging in Pete's ramblings.

All i'll say Pete is you didn't answer the question and you're getting caught up in the media hysteria re Fifita.

EDIT on topic, I would say either charge both Ennis and Wighton or not at all and just deal with it on the field. The incidents were pretty much identical (Wighton's a bit worse). The NRL jumping the gun by issuing its reasoning is telling - just like it did when emphasising the Roberts incident was not comparable to Pearce.

Pete Cash

Post Whore
Yeah sorry for going OT. I was just indulging in Pete's ramblings.

All i'll say Pete is you didn't answer the question and you're getting caught up in the media hysteria re Fifita.

Yeah good one mate. Fifita used the NRLs reach to support a killer. I dont see how that is media hysteria. Its stone cold fact.

I dont think he should be warned for going to visit him, I dont even think thats a big deal but I do believe the NRL is well within their rights to take action against him for associating them with killers. A person working a normal job would be looking at termination if they associated their employer with a killer imo. Maybe you disagree and those kind of things are acceptable in your workplace.

skeepe

Immortal
Gallen is a scumbag.

NRL regulations prohibit public comment on cases before the judiciary before they have been heard, so he should be in a bit of hot water.

Let's hope Papalii and Paulo bury the merkin on Saturday

Pete Cash

Post Whore
Charch you started it by saying this was karma for wighton while you support a team with the biggest scumbag in the NRL in it.

Also Surely brought up Fifita too for some weird reason.

Pete Cash

Post Whore
Well its not quite holding a grudge over a bit of biff for 18 months but i am a bit salty about the whole situation obviously.

Fifita might be a scumbag as has been suggested, however whilst the club can get up him in retrospect over the stupid arm band stuff, legally they could be in very hot water if they attempted to use it to cease his employment.

The club will wait for the NRL to make a call on where to next, not make s call that passivises others, but potentially leaves it as an entity with wrongful dismissal claim.

Banging on that the clubs supports what he did is rubbish. They didn't know and now they do, must consider all potential ramifications for any action they may want to take.

Anyway, f**k the NRL and their rubbish inconsistent rulings

chigurh

The Wighton charge is a bit stiff but at the same time Whitehead should be suspended for a blatant trip on Moses.

Latest posts