What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2016 Match Review Committee / Judiciary

BestHookerRein

Juniors
You feel for players like Wighton, Cam Smith, Darcy Lussick, and Luke Ricketson who've had their Premiership dreams ripped from them by the MRC, while Ennis is free after performing an off the ball, shoulder charge.

Generalzod

Immortal
I dont blame Gallen at all, he's doing all he can to ensure Wighton is suspended because he doesnt think they have a chance if Wighton plays. I mean its pretty sad stuff but that's where the Sharks are as a team right now.

It's up to the NRL to tell him to put a sock in it and the judiciary to recognise his views are heavily tainted by the fact he's got to play Wighton's team this week.

Its pretty funny to see how f**king terrified of the Raiders the sharks are. They've lost the game before a ball is kicked.
How do you know that their terrfied have you spoken to the Sharks players.....

Pete Cash

Post Whore
Pete as if Gallen was the only player in the History of the NRL to throw a punch...

Didnt say he was. What I said was its quite hypocritical for him to have a pop at anyone over their "duty of care" he wasnt showing much care for Myles when he punched his face in.

It is also unprecedented to my knowledge for an NRL player (and a captain at that) to wade into a matter before the judiciary

2012....Sharks Year

First Grade
Has an opposition captain ever weighed in to back the NRL in suspending a player lol

A few nerves running through the Cronulla camp. They know this would be the greatest choke in NRL history if they were to lose and they are feeling it.
Faarrk Pete you sound a hell of a lot like a bitching Broncos supporter.....Are you a Queenslander by any chance??

Pete Cash

Post Whore
Surely is a hypocrite who once argued that people who display support for criminals be charged with a crime but is ok with what Fifita did.

We are all learning stuff about each other today.

Walt Flanigan

Referee

Because Gallen is going out of his way to publicly condemn Wighton, when just about every commentator completely disagrees. Only Sharks players and fans want this to happen so bad and I can’t blame them.

carcharias

Immortal
Since when do opposition captains comment on matters before the judiciary. If it was Croker I would hope he would have simply said no comment.

But we know that you guys are feeling it. The pressure is building.

ok
here is your coach doing it when he was our coach.

As the Sharks prepare to take on Melbourne in a grand final qualifier on Friday night, coach Stuart yesterday called for the Storm captain to be suspended for two matches - adamant the controversial grapple tackle has no place in the game.

"He's been found guilty of attacking the head or the neck, or whatever it was. Rules are rules," Stuart said. "It's disappointing for Cameron. It's disappointing for their coach

(Craig Bellamy) because he's a big part of their team.

"But (Smith's) been flirting with it all year so the time comes when you pay the price."

Smith will front the biggest judiciary case of this season when charged with grapple tackling Brisbane forward Sam Thaiday.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sp...uld-be-suspended/story-e6frexrr-1111117568067

and yet now
here he is mentioning Ennis --- which has nothing to do with what Wighton did

"I was floored when I heard the news, I was flattened and all of the wind was taken out of my sails today when I found out the charge was true.

"It's an unbelievable comparison to what Michael Ennis has done and Michael Ennis has been let off

http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/...son-over-shoulder-charge-20160905-gr8xra.html

rules are rules ricky

Last edited:

nick87

Coach

Bird was in the press last week, before we had even won a home semi, talking up how the Raiders should be forced to play home semi's in sydney, and now the captain of the opposition is all over the airwaves trying to convince the judiciary to suspend one of our best players... i can only assume they arent very f**king confident of coming down to canberra and beating full strength.
The sharks are lucky Austin is out, without him and Wighton they have a decent shot at this, with them they'd be their doors blown off

Surely

Post Whore
Surely is a hypocrite who once argued that people who display support for criminals be charged with a crime but is ok with what Fifita did.

We are all learning stuff about each other today.

Your bong hazed mind is playing up on you, I said clowns who support terrorist activities should be.

As far as I am aware fafita hasn't supported loveridges actions

Generalzod

Immortal
Bird was in the press last week, before we had even won a home semi, talking up how the Raiders should be forced to play home semi's in sydney, and now the captain of the opposition is all over the airwaves trying to convince the judiciary to suspend one of our best players... i can only assume they arent very f**king confident of coming down to canberra and beating full strength.
The sharks are lucky Austin is out, without him and Wighton they have a decent shot at this, with them they'd be their doors blown off
Even if we had come second we wouldn't have had a home semi...I guess going by that the Sharks are terrified??

Pete Cash

Post Whore
Your bong hazed mind is playing up on you, I said clowns who support terrorist activities should be.

As far as I am aware fafita hasn't supported loveridges actions

Oh so if I hang a terror flag in support of my good pal Al-baghdadi from my home that would be ok. I dont actually support his actions. We just grew up together on the mean streets of Samarra

seanoff

Juniors
Gallen should be fined heavily for that comment. $20k. He has no business as an active player preempting or trying to effect a judiciary hearing.

It's really poor. He should have refused to answer.

Surely

Post Whore
Oh so if I hang a terror flag in support of my good pal Al-baghdadi from my home that would be ok. I dont actually support his actions. We just grew up together on the mean streets of Samarra

you are confused flying a terrorist flag would mean you do support it.

Now if you had fmgpa inked on your wrist you may have a comparison, sure a far fetched one but one none the less.

Pete Cash

Post Whore
you are confused flying a terrorist flag would mean you do support it.

Now if you had fmgpa inked on your wrist you may have a comparison, sure a far fetched one but one none the less.

Oh so if he put his support for Loveridge into flag form that would be wrong. Got it.

nick87

Coach
It's a bit rich for Paul Gallen to be talking about duty of care to the players too, given he tried to rip a blokes stitches out.

Latest posts