What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2016 Match Review Committee / Judiciary

Pete Cash

Post Whore
I didnt see it but the way they grade trips it would have to be absolutely shocking to get a grade 2.

f**k me, how did Fifita, Tilse, Carney and Irwin get dragged into this?

Wighton is unlucky considering Ennis got let off.

I reckon there's a real chance the judiciary may let him off if there's the slightest out with the technicalities of what constitutes a shoulder charge given the outcry about Ennis.

Gallen, while being prompted by BSB for his opinion, is still silly for commenting on that, I'm pretty sure that's not the first time he's spoken about matters before the judiciary on BSB either.

Backs will always be the big losers in this, don't really blame Wighton for his shot. Edwards would have to have 15-20 kgs on him.

Pete Cash

Post Whore
Haha

Reynolds has a string of grade 1 charges right.

A grade 5 careless high tackle is worth less loading than a grade 2 shoulder charge. It would have been better for wighton to have lazily hung his arm out and broke edwards jaw.

Pete Cash

Post Whore
Every tackle is on purpose mate. It was a touch high and probably should have been penalised on the field. Again he was a victim of the nrl being a reactive organisation. They f**ked up by not giving you the penalty so he gets over charged afterwards.

Vic Mackey

Referee
Didn't hear what Gallen said, I did however think players weren't allowed to comment on judiciary cases before they were held?

carcharias

Immortal
Didn't hear what Gallen said, I did however think players weren't allowed to comment on judiciary cases before they were held?
mate these blokes are obviously upset.
Gallen was asked and he answered with
when he first saw both wightons and ennis tackles "that the way the rules are these days" that both would be suspended.
He did mention Wighton flew in and smashed the bloke...which he did.

have a listen
make your own mind up

http://www.bigsportsbreakfast.com.au/

ok
here is your coach doing it when he was our coach.

As the Sharks prepare to take on Melbourne in a grand final qualifier on Friday night, coach Stuart yesterday called for the Storm captain to be suspended for two matches - adamant the controversial grapple tackle has no place in the game.

"He's been found guilty of attacking the head or the neck, or whatever it was. Rules are rules," Stuart said. "It's disappointing for Cameron. It's disappointing for their coach

(Craig Bellamy) because he's a big part of their team.

"But (Smith's) been flirting with it all year so the time comes when you pay the price."

Smith will front the biggest judiciary case of this season when charged with grapple tackling Brisbane forward Sam Thaiday.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sp...uld-be-suspended/story-e6frexrr-1111117568067

and yet now
here he is mentioning Ennis --- which has nothing to do with what Wighton did

"I was floored when I heard the news, I was flattened and all of the wind was taken out of my sails today when I found out the charge was true.

"It's an unbelievable comparison to what Michael Ennis has done and Michael Ennis has been let off

http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/...son-over-shoulder-charge-20160905-gr8xra.html

rules are rules ricky

Gee that's not the current Raiders coach commenting on a judiciary hearing before it's gone to the judiciary is it?????? How did he fail the Holier than thou entrance test to become a part of the Raiders organisation???!!!

nick87

Coach
Swwwwwwwwwing and a miss.
Ennis isnt facing any judiciary hearing mate. Haha, do try and keep up

Pete Cash

Post Whore
Ennis isnt going up in front of the judiciary you fools. Like i said it shows the pressure is getting to gallen.

God-King Dean

Immortal
Sharks fans starting showing their insecurity when they chucked a massive tantrum when Hayne signed with Gold Coast

The walls are closing in boys.... The drums are beating..... Code red, code red .....

carcharias

Immortal
Ennis isnt going up in front of the judiciary you fools. Like i said it shows the pressure is getting to gallen.
UM
Have a listen
Gallen was specifically asked about the Ennis tackle and the Wighton tackle.

If that is what you are getting at.

TheFrog

Coach
Well he did hit poor Sowie high on purpose
Not only that but our Raider buddies in here were pretty chuffed about the whole thing, even when the teams clashed in round 1 this year. I would suggest that this hit, and a couple of others, in particular one by Pauli Pauli, all lightly or not at all punished, were largely responsible for Soward losing his confidence and in turn ending his NRL career prematurely.

It is for this reason that although Wighton has been dealt with a little harshly this time, I don't have a lot of sympathy for him. Going around and coming around, the MRC and judiciary are renowned for it. It seems they've been waiting, baseball bat in hand, for a fair while.

Last edited:

myrrh ken

First Grade
Sharks fans starting showing their insecurity when they chucked a massive tantrum when Hayne signed with Gold Coast

The walls are closing in boys.... The drums are beating..... Code red, code red .....

Haha - its not us having a meltdown that:

(a) Ennis was not charged
(b) wighton is
(c) fifita is not being publically executed.

Its all very amusing actually watching the sanctimonious raiders fans.

And, I for one was fine with Hayne.

carcharias

Immortal

yeah well, while that may be true ...it could be worse...we could be your club.
no finals again.
maybe next year?

Walt Flanigan

Referee
Haha - its not us having a meltdown that:

(a) Ennis was not charged
(b) wighton is
(c) fifita is not being publically executed.

Its all very amusing actually watching the sanctimonious raiders fans.

And, I for one was fine with Hayne.

Are you in some sort of meltdown denial?