What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2016 Membership Discussion

BlueandGold

Juniors
You only confirmed what I already knew .You have not a clue.
You are obviously not aware of proposed amendments to the retail point 1.
You are oblivious to the fact Bruno Cullen former Bronco's COE examining the books and development when he was asked to go by the NRL, noted the Shark's in his opinion will be among the top 3 or 4 clubs financially in the NRL.And this also means not relying on poker machine revenue.point 2
Point 3.When Cullen made the comment,the A League proposal was not even taken into account,as it was not on the horizon.

Point 4. $1m pa retail rent is nothing to be sneezed at .
Point 5.new suburbs Green Hills and Shearebrook landing about 1km from the club along CC Drive ,will provide custom of the retail development and no doubt some for the club and its new restaurants,as Cronulla itself is chockers on weekends.
Point 6. The residents of close to 700 and maybe more units will also provide custom to the retail and some to the club.
Point 7.
The Sharks had 3 1/2 thousand attending a Monday night game in appalling cyclonic conditions,nothing Perth has ever had to experience for NRL matches.How many would they get on a Monday night in such conditions?I didn't bother to attend and I had cover in a stand.
Point 8.The area does not rely on the mining industry which is facing huge problems after a once in a lifetime boom.So check your own backyard.I read another mine is facing closure in WA.
Point 9.We have as many juniors as WA.

Membership already approaching 7,500.Have another lemon PR you are running out of bitterness.

Only muppets who have no clue are the ones questioning the Sharks long term viability, along with Dragons supporters off course..:lol:

Sharks are not going anywhere Perth Red. Time to build a bridge and get over the hurt of not getting a team. ;-)

BlueandGold

Juniors
NRL 2015
Broncos: 16,006
Bulldogs: 13,945
Cowboys: 10,295
Dragons: 12,316
Eels: 14,567
Knights: 11,000
Panthers: 7,487
Rabbitohs: 30,066
Raiders: N/A
Roosters: 9,826
Sea Eagles: 7,502
Sharks: N/A
Storm: 11,796
Titans: 3,255
Warriors: N/A
Tigers: 6,086
10/02/15 Total: 154,147

http://forums.leagueunlimited.com/showthread.php?t=440007&page=33#P28bqzKqAsZmcQBp.97

Unfortunately Clubs last year were very slack in there updating of Member numbers from late December - Feb.

This year seems to be a little better on that side of things.

[FONT=&quot]NRL Members 2016[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Broncos: 18,061[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Souths: 26,642[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Eels: 12,180[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Canterbury: 14,673[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Panthers: 8352[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Dragons: 12,272[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Newcastle: 8413[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Cowboys: 11,000 [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Roosters: 6718[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Storm: 11,023[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Manly: 9082[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Warriors: 6982[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Sharks: 7296[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]West Tigers: 4445[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Raiders: 4000[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Titans: 3608[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]09/01/16 Total = 164,747[/FONT]

2012....Sharks Year

First Grade
I know exactly what is proceeding and what the club will earn from it. As a club that publicly produces an annual report I also know exactly how much the club lost in 13-14. And what their revenue level was that year. The development is at best going to clear your debts and keep your head above water. It is not going to move you into the top tier revenue clubs or going to give you spare capital to reinvest. If you get a soccer club, if the new tenants use the league club, if the retail does well. Lots of If's but at least you have a chance of surviving in Cronulla which is a hell of a lot better position than you was in a few years ago. Now if only you had more fans..........

Can't be bothered going right through the whole deal but I think you're forgetting about the extra 30-40 million lump-sum that is expected from the sales of the rest of the development. Also, you have conveniently used the financial year that included the arseada drama....three coaches and the wooden spoon (of course it was a poor financial year). Would love to see a team in Perth down the track but your ill-informed dribble and death-riding other clubs makes me enjoy the fact that it is as far as ever from reality.

yadamisha

Juniors
I know exactly what is proceeding and what the club will earn from it. As a club that publicly produces an annual report I also know exactly how much the club lost in 13-14. And what their revenue level was that year. The development is at best going to clear your debts and keep your head above water. It is not going to move you into the top tier revenue clubs or going to give you spare capital to reinvest. If you get a soccer club, if the new tenants use the league club, if the retail does well. Lots of If's but at least you have a chance of surviving in Cronulla which is a hell of a lot better position than you was in a few years ago. Now if only you had more fans..........

With this comment you really do have no idea about how, when and why Cronulla's wealth will roll in.

What has the football club performance in years 13-14 got anything to do with the development money. That money hasn't started flowing into any spread sheet yet apart from a 10 mill up front payment which wiped most of the debt when the green light was given. Part of the unit sales in Stage one covered that. On the western side there is Stage 3 left to release with stages 1 and 2 sold out. Then there is the Eastern side unit development, including hotel and conference centre still to come......this more money again, not originally calculated into planned profit.

Once this remaining 'debt' is fully cleared there will be still conservatively min 35mil in the bank with on going yearly rentals returns topping it up. Bit of coin for reinvestment there.

There are a lot more Cronulla fans around that you care to admit. Outdrew Souths 3-1 in the Semi last year and outdrew Titans fans at their home game last year - but then that is not hard.

And all this is without the IF's - that's extra income on top.

Last edited:

CC_Roosters

First Grade
NRL 2015
Broncos: 16,006
Bulldogs: 13,945
Cowboys: 10,295
Dragons: 12,316
Eels: 14,567
Knights: 11,000
Panthers: 7,487
Rabbitohs: 30,066
Raiders: N/A
Roosters: 9,826
Sea Eagles: 7,502
Sharks: N/A
Storm: 11,796
Titans: 3,255
Warriors: N/A
Tigers: 6,086
10/02/15 Total: 154,147

http://forums.leagueunlimited.com/showthread.php?t=440007&page=33#P28bqzKqAsZmcQBp.97

Unfortunately Clubs last year were very slack in there updating of Member numbers from late December - Feb.

This year seems to be a little better on that side of things.

[FONT=&quot]NRL Members 2016[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Broncos: 18,061[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Souths: 26,642[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Eels: 12,180[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Canterbury: 14,673[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Panthers: 8352[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Dragons: 12,272[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Newcastle: 8413[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Cowboys: 11,000 [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Roosters: 6718[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Storm: 11,023[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Manly: 9082[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Warriors: 6982[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Sharks: 7296[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]West Tigers: 4445[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Raiders: 4000[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Titans: 3608[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]09/01/16 Total = 164,747[/FONT]

So we are nearly 2/3 of last years final total at the moment. Not sure how we get the next level of growth as it seems to have stalled or at least slowed down in the past 2 seasons. I still have a lot of mates and colleagues who say whats the point, cannot be bothered, to expensive, too hard to get to games. The only thing that will turn that around are vastly reduced prices at the gate/pre-purchase to get people in the habit of attending and the shiny new stadia we keep hearing about.

taipan

Referee
Latest figures 18/1/16 according to my checking on LU and NRL,and some have not moved for a while BTW.

Broncos 19,912
Raiders 6,000
Bulldogs 14,812
Sharks 7,780
Titans 4,225
Sea Eagles 9,307
Storm 11,393
Knights 8,649
Cowboys 11,000
Eels 12,880
Panthers 8,870
Dragoons 12,504
Rabbits 27,347
Roosters 6,718
Warriors 7,900
Tigers 4,445

Total 18/1/16 173,742

Perth Red

Post Whore
Surprised the gf winning knock effect isn't greater.

Still not the connection between fans and clubs that you see in afl. In afl being a member is worn as a badge of pride, in NRL it's about cost or attending games. No idea how you change that psychology or if we just have to accept NRL clubs don't have the same level of passionate followers that some other sports have?

Doesn't help that some clubs still are not really offering g what fa s want. Storm are very popular outside Melbourne but still don't have a non ticketed membership option.

NRL stepping in and sorting out some better reciprocal deals and deals for out of town clubs when playing in Sydney would help as well.

Dogs Of War

Coach
I haven't seen ads for any clubs other than Broncos in Brisbane. Probably a little effort to get those supporting other clubs up here should be made so they sign up.

Latest posts