What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2016 Membership Discussion

Cockosh

Juniors
Are sharks fans embarrassed that an expansion club in the middle of afl heartland has more members after just a 1/3rd of the time the Sharks have existed? Count yourselves lucky the NRL doesn't have the vision to have two new clubs or sharks would be two further places down the ladder lol. When's your annual report out? I need a laugh.

I don't see what Sharks fans have to be embarrassed by.

They are one of 9 clubs in a market with a population of 4.3 million

Storm are the only club in a market with a population of 4.1 million and every leg up imaginable from the NRL

thorson1987

Coach

Storm are the only club in a market with a population of 4.1 million and every leg up imaginable from the NRL

And what leg ups would they be?????

shaggs

Coach
Who really gives a shit who paid for what membership. If my kid was given a dragons membership for playing with Brighton I would use that instead of paying 30 bucks to get in each time I wanted to watch a game.
If someone sponsored the Sharks junior league and paid for members passes to all the kids hen great . If this got done by Souths or Newcastle, the money is still going into the game and the clubs. If the kids are living in Canberra but sharks fan then, they are now more likely to go and watch and cheer for their team.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Have Souths historically always had the biggest supporter base in Sydney, and if so why?

Panthers should follow raiders, surely the panthers group could sponsor Jnr memberships to NRL panthers for every Jnr playing in that region? At moment seems kids growing up in that area grow up supporting anyone but the panthers?

Last edited:

Perth Red

Post Whore

One is rugby league heartland, one is afl heartland competing with just as many clubs in other codes. Tbf though I can understand why people in that RL region wouldn't want to be a sharks member when you have better options.

Yet near 100% growth in membership for the Sharks compared to same time last year.

Take your bias bull somewhere else.

No team, no hope, no way.

Perth Red

Post Whore
It's not the fans or the people of the regions fault that the Sharks club and players continue to f**k the brand and appeal of the club. On the field they have always seem to be able to attract decent players yet not yet managed to go all the way. Off the field they have been a basket case for decades and that reflects very much the lack of appeal to fans. If they can sort their sht out, sort their finances out (at least have a hope now but still a long way off), get a decent new main stand and actually win then they have every opportunity to do well in memberships and crowds They are never going to be in the Sydney big3 or 4 but should at least be able to be mid table given they are supposedly in RL heartland.

2012....Sharks Year

First Grade
One is rugby league heartland, one is afl heartland competing with just as many clubs in other codes. Tbf though I can understand why people in that RL region wouldn't want to be a sharks member when you have better options.

Gonna be a pretty tough period ahead for you and your death riding of the Sharks Red. Meanwhile the Pirates are about as real as the tooth-fairy and Santa Claus.:lol:

Perth Red

Post Whore
You're sharks fan, the feeling is mutual lol. Now fox has every game I'm happy as Larry (who ever larry was?)

Truth hurts, I get that.

I'm over NRL expansion so your Pirates jibes are water off a ducks back.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Yep, you lol at me because we don't have a club, we lol at you because of the club you have. It's an amusing world.

Cockosh

Juniors

Fair enough. Using same logic Swans have 50000 members in Sydney while Melbourne have only 15000 down there. I just comparing one club to the next using your rationale is wrong.

Reading all the comments I couldn't help thinking that if they relocated sharks to Perth (not that they should) this thread would be hilarious.

carcharias

Immortal
Are sharks fans embarrassed that an expansion club in the middle of afl heartland has more members after just a 1/3rd of the time the Sharks have existed? Count yourselves lucky the NRL doesn't have the vision to have two new clubs or sharks would be two further places down the ladder lol. When's your annual report out? I need a laugh.

Ha
Is that you're comeback?

It'd be nice to be the only team in a state.
It'd be embarrassing if they didn't have more members than us.

I'll be sure to send you the annual report
You can see what one looks like then.

The Great Dane

First Grade
That is shit
They should do a joint membership
Doubt either code would come to the party with scheduling though.

They've attempted it a handful of times, always ends with one group or another chucking a hissy fit and walking away from the negotiations, to be fair to the Raiders and Brumbies it's normally the ARU or the NRL that is chucking the hissy fit and not them.

carcharias

Immortal
They've attempted it a handful of times, always ends with one group or another chucking a hissy fit and walking away from the negotiations, to be fair to the Raiders and Brumbies it's normally the ARU or the NRL that is chucking the hissy fit and not them.

Are the grounds the same size dimensions?
They could play double headers

Latest posts