What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2016 Membership Discussion

BlueandGold

Juniors
NRL MEMBERS 2015
Broncos 25,138
Bulldogs 16,871
Cowboys 12,264
Dragons 14,144
Eels 19,657
Knights 13,000
Panthers 14,029
Rabbitohs 33,647
Raiders 7182
Roosters 14,056
Sea Eagles 10,473
Sharks 9,300
Titans 10,000
Warriors 9,018
Tigers 7,820
Storm 12,082

30-03-15 Member Total = 228,681

[FONT=&quot]NRL Members 2016[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Souths: 31,185[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Broncos: 30,015[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Eels: 19,843[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Canterbury: 18,309[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Dragons: 16,318[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Cowboys: 16,198[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Warriors: 16,070[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Panthers: 14,988[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Storm: 14,450 [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Manly: 12,440[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Roosters: 12,000[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Sharks: 11,477[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Newcastle: 11,424[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Raiders: 11,270 [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]West Tigers: 10,847[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Titans: 7813[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]23/03/16 TOTAL = 254,647[/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]

taipan

Referee
Round of applause everyone ,PR sees some good news.The Sky is not apparently falling in.:music1:

Perth Red

Post Whore
Credit where credit is due.
Now I have reconciled that RL isn't as popular as we would Like to think it is and has no real growth plan to get much bigger it makes modest gains in memberships and static crowd avg's seem not so bad.

taipan

Referee
Now I have reconciled that RL isn't as popular as we would Like to think it is and has no real growth plan to get much bigger it makes modest gains in memberships and static crowd avg's seem not so bad.

FYI
Those membership figures have been updated
Broncos now 33,814
Storm 14,701
some still have not up dated for a couple, or more of days.
est 13% plus increase on 2015 at least.Modest increase?A consistent double figure increase is more than OK.
You say it has no real growth plan.For a start you will never get growth if you whiteant much of your supporter base,hence getting NRL clubs financially secure.
When you have Monday night football and Thursday night football,it's hardly conducive to big growing crowds.Hell other codes crowds are down and they play weekends.

The NRL will control scheduling from 2018,and not the TV networks.

Judging by the criticism of NRL crowds on these boards,most rl fans are not pretending the code is some juggernaut ATM.
I'm seriously concerned about the Pirates,as shown by the Force, as they are struggling despite all teh pommy and SA so called population living there. is

Lambretta

First Grade
Roosters at 12,000 is a vast improvement on where they were

Not sure they'll sell any more as they make a serious tilt at the spoon though

Raiderdave

First Grade

:lol::lol:

Yeah dickhead
The most watched sport in the country isn't very popular is it ?:sarcasm:

:crazy:

some11

Referee

Oh f**k off.

Billythekid

First Grade
I realise Perth Red is very cynical (though being a league fan can have that effect) but even by its own metrics the NRL is struggling. I can't remember but weren't we targeting 20K crowds and 400K memberships by 2019? I feel like even the most optimistic fan must realise that is a pipe dream.

Memberships is actually one area where the NRL is still growing so I don't want to be too negative. I do think there is a lot more work to do in both increasing memberships and converting that into crowd numbers.

Perth Red

Post Whore
:lol::lol:

Yeah dickhead
The most watched sport in the country isn't very popular is it ?:sarcasm:

:crazy:

didn't say it wasn't very popular, although 80% of the country don't watch a game on FTA so measurement of what is popular is subjective, said it isn't as popular as many like to think it is. Once you understand that you get less disappointed about 12k memberships and 10k crowds, financially struggling clubs and no expansion.

Learning to read context will enormously improve your ability to communicate without insulting people lol.

Flapper

First Grade
didn't say it wasn't very popular, although 80% of the country don't watch a game on FTA so measurement of what is popular is subjective, said it isn't as popular as many like to think it is. Once you understand that you get less disappointed about 12k memberships and 10k crowds, financially struggling clubs and no expansion.

Learning to read context will enormously improve your ability to communicate without insulting people lol.

Learning to shut the f**k up with your whinging bullshit will improve the readers experience of this forum immensely and get back onside people like me who have argued for a Perth team for years who have stopped solely, and I mean solely, because of you.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
I'd argue it's turning people against Perth in the same way Bunniesman does for Souths or BBSF did for Cronulla (or at least Covell)

Raiderdave

First Grade

I think any sport that can claim to being the most watched in a country
is as popular as people think it is dopey :sarcasm:

is it perfect
no

no sport is
once you understand this , maybe people might actually give a rats what you think :cool:

I'd argue it's turning people against Perth in the same way Bunniesman does for Souths or BBSF did for Cronulla (or at least Covell)

yeah but that led the great april fools day name filter.
which was f**king hilarious