What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2016 Membership Discussion

Lockyer4President!

First Grade
re one game in a city, ok for promotion but does little to build that clubs appeal and membership base. Souths commit to three games a year in perth for three years and being a relative neutral I'm signing up for a membership. One game, along with Manly, St's, Roosters and anyone else that blows in and out is not convincing me to back that club.

re fans missing out, the whole point is Sydney clubs will play at least 14 games in Sydney even after taking three home ones on the road. The NRL should be working deals that allows you to get a full membership that includes all nine home games and the 5-7 Sydney away games. Now there is value for money and you'd get bigger crowds in Sydney and better atmospheres.

Good points.

Do all Sydney NRL tickets give free public transport yet or is it still just for certain big matches? Seems like that should be top of the list imo.

alien

Referee
re one game in a city, ok for promotion but does little to build that clubs appeal and membership base. Souths commit to three games a year in perth for three years and being a relative neutral I'm signing up for a membership. One game, along with Manly, St's, Roosters and anyone else that blows in and out is not convincing me to back that club.

that's you though. reports say rabbitohs sell a lot of w.a. and qld. memberships

Perth Red

Post Whore
Out of 20,000 at Rabbitohs game in Perth I'd be surprised if more than 2000 are WA members. A club that seriously commits to a city as a second home could increase that significantly imo.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Moving with the times lol. The only way cities without NRL clubs are going to get enough exposure to the game to grow the game is if the NRL steps up and supports clubs to take on second homes. Everyone's a winner.

Bronxnation

Juniors
Moving with the times lol. The only way cities without NRL clubs are going to get enough exposure to the game to grow the game is if the NRL steps up and supports clubs to take on second homes. Everyone's a winner.

How about you move with the times and grab a Rabbitohs membership then? ;) might encourage them to do what you are saying

parrawentyfan

Juniors
I wonder if the Eels will be impacted by the cap punishment ? Some people will give up on the year but there could be a little surge out of solidarity.

If Souths are gonna play 3 games in Perth, I'd rather see them split their games with Suncorp Stadium instead.

More chance of grabbing more members or at least converting their fans in Brisbane / QLD by playing 4 games at Suncorp and 8 in Sydney.

And I like what they do with Perth, I really do. And I hope they get a team.

Maybe with the ANZ rebuild for 3-4 years, the Perth thing wouldn't be a bad idea.

Perth Red

Post Whore
How about you move with the times and grab a Rabbitohs membership then? ;) might encourage them to do what you are saying

I probably would have done but up to this year I used to drag along 9 or 10 friends and family to the games to support Perth showing the NRL it can fill the stadium. As I wont be bothering doing that anymore I may get a membership in future if it works out cheaper.

Perth Red

Post Whore
If Souths are gonna play 3 games in Perth, I'd rather see them split their games with Suncorp Stadium instead.

More chance of grabbing more members or at least converting their fans in Brisbane / QLD by playing 4 games at Suncorp and 8 in Sydney.

And I like what they do with Perth, I really do. And I hope they get a team.

Maybe with the ANZ rebuild for 3-4 years, the Perth thing wouldn't be a bad idea.

That's fine, part of this is clubs identifying with the NRL the points of most potential. if that's Brisbane for Souths then goodo, leaves a lucrative and RL hungry Perth open for another club to exploit.

Flapper

First Grade
I probably would have done but up to this year I used to drag along 9 or 10 friends and family to the games to support Perth showing the NRL it can fill the stadium. As I wont be bothering doing that anymore I may get a membership in future if it works out cheaper.

So what are you're having a dummy spit or have your friends f**ked you off?

BlueandGold

Juniors
I wonder if the Eels will be impacted by the cap punishment ? Some people will give up on the year but there could be a little surge out of solidarity.

Would be nice to see a packed Pirtek for Souths vs Eels Friday night, ill be there to support BA and the playing group.

The way BA and the boys have handled this shit has been all class and i think they deserve our support.

And we can still make the finals, we still a chance.

Perth Red

Post Whore
So what are you're having a dummy spit or have your friends f**ked you off?

Dummy spit, f**k the NRL I'm through wasting money on them. Spent 8 years doing my bit to try and show we were a good spot for a team, now investing my time and money in another sport.
As Greenburg said "Perth isnt a priority"

carcharias

Immortal
Dummy spit, f**k the NRL I'm through wasting money on them. sport. Spent 8 years doing my bit to try and show we were a good spot for a team, now investing my time and money in another

Translation = Spent 8 years death riding the sharks.

ACTPanthers

Bench
Dummy spit, f**k the NRL I'm through wasting money on them. Spent 8 years doing my bit to try and show we were a good spot for a team, now investing my time and money in another sport.

Thank f**k for that... No more PR geniused rants

carcharias

Immortal
too bad RL is in the blood. I'm here to stay lol.

That was an obligation to the betterment of the code :D

Yeah that worked out well ey?

The club is now in one of its best positions ever.
Undefeated at home
Equal first
Good crowds
No Perth

All good.

Latest posts