What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2016 Membership Discussion

Rabbits20

Immortal
Out of 20,000 at Rabbitohs game in Perth I'd be surprised if more than 2000 are WA members. A club that seriously commits to a city as a second home could increase that significantly imo.

Souths would be too tired doing the 3 trips to Perth.

After our Perth trip, Souths usually lose the week after due to fatigue.

Rabbits20

Immortal
Dummy spit, f**k the NRL I'm through wasting money on them. Spent 8 years doing my bit to try and show we were a good spot for a team, now investing my time and money in another sport.
As Greenburg said "Perth isnt a priority"

What other sport is that???

Perth Red

Post Whore
What other sport is that???

Motorsport. The time and money I would have spent involved in running a Pirates supporters club I'm putting into building a historic touring car now. Wife isn't happy, thinks I'm going to kill myself lol. Still love my league and get down to my local club for a live fix but my days of spending and campaigning for a Perth team are over, you can paint a great picture but if your audience is blind it's pointless.

Keep your eye out for a red and black Mini Cooper S running into a tyre wall at Bathurst on the news next year lol.

Last edited:

carcharias

Immortal
Motorsport. The time and money I would have spent involved in running a Pirates supporters club I'm putting into building a historic touring car now. Wife isn't happy, thinks I'm going to kill myself lol. Still love my league and get down to my local club for a live fix but my days of spending and campaigning for a Perth team are over, you can paint a great picture but if your audience is blind it's pointless.

Keep your eye out for a red and black Mini Cooper S running into a tyre wall at Bathurst on the news next year lol.

I would watch the most boring sport on earth if it meant I got to see you crash at high speed into wall.
Don't listen to your wife - look where that got you - Perth!!
Make your car dream happen.

Raiderdave

First Grade
Haven't had a tracker update for a couple of weeks
I'd say we'd be giving 300K a nudge by now
Which is awesome :cool:

BlueandGold

Juniors
[FONT=&quot]NRL Members 2016[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Broncos: 35,280[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Souths: 32,557[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Eels: 21,986[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Canterbury: 19,913[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Cowboys: 17,839[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Warriors: 17,300[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Dragons: 17,023[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Panthers: 16,240[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Storm: 16,014[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Raiders: 14,796 [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]West Tigers: 13,477[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Roosters: 13,459[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Sharks: 12,989[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Manly: 12,874[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Newcastle: 11,823 [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Titans: 9653[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]01/05/16 TOTAL = 283,223[/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]252,862 as of 10/08/15[/FONT]

Page 64

[FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]http://forums.leagueunlimited.com/showthread.php?t=440007&page=64#EKZPPUlVXV4II0bg.97
[/FONT]

CC_Roosters

First Grade
[FONT=&quot]NRL Members 2016[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Broncos: 35,280[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Souths: 32,557[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Eels: 21,986[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Canterbury: 19,913[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Cowboys: 17,839[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Warriors: 17,300[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Dragons: 17,023[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Panthers: 16,240[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Storm: 16,014[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Raiders: 14,796 [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]West Tigers: 13,477[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Roosters: 13,459[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Sharks: 12,989[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Manly: 12,874[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Newcastle: 11,823 [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Titans: 9653[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]01/05/16 TOTAL = 283,223[/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]252,862 as of 10/08/15[/FONT]

Page 64

[FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]http://forums.leagueunlimited.com/showthread.php?t=440007&page=64#EKZPPUlVXV4II0bg.97
[/FONT]

So we will be looking at something like 15% growth when the counting is finished which is way above my expectation pre-season. How the bulldogs have not broken the 20k barrier by now is beyond me

H.H

Juniors
So we will be looking at something like 15% growth when the counting is finished which is way above my expectation pre-season. How the bulldogs have not broken the 20k barrier by now is beyond me

Good to see the Roosters gave finally updated their tally, but our numbers are bitterly disappointing.

17k in 2014 and 2015. Understand they've had issues, but still just not good enough.

taipan

Referee
Good to see the Roosters gave finally updated their tally, but our numbers are bitterly disappointing.

17k in 2014 and 2015. Understand they've had issues, but still just not good enough.

Agree ,and if they can nab SBW after the OPs,that'll grow the membership.

Considering the Rooster's problems ,the total club memberships with a growth of 15% for 2016 is not a bad effort IMO.

The NRL needs to spell out the positives via the media,such as this growth,crowds up somewhat,inserted of Rothfield always publicising negatives.

The fumblers make sure any positive news is out there,even if it is BS at times.

H.H

Juniors
Agree ,and if they can nab SBW after the OPs,that'll grow the membership.

Considering the Rooster's problems ,the total club memberships with a growth of 15% for 2016 is not a bad effort IMO.

The NRL needs to spell out the positives via the media,such as this growth,crowds up somewhat,inserted of Rothfield always publicising negatives.

The fumblers make sure any positive news is out there,even if it is BS at times.

Just to clarify, the issues I refer to are with the new membership database they're using.

Ie, there were no auto rollovers this year, so understandable there would be an impact, but still we should be doing better.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Overall a good solid increase. Good to see some of the underperforming clubs in this area getting their act together, still some way to go to convert those memberships to bums on seats but at least they are giving a good opportunity for fan engagement.

yadamisha

Juniors
Overall a good solid increase. Good to see some of the underperforming clubs in this area getting their act together, still some way to go to convert those memberships to bums on seats but at least they are giving a good opportunity for fan engagement.

Given your love for Cronulla, I'd take this is another dig at the club but it might do you well to notice Cronulla's membership is currently 13074 genuine paid up members, which is currently less than their average crowd at home this year which has mainly been against non Sydney teams with little amount of away fans in attendance (except Illawarra) over the first 5 games making your point irrelevant again!

You can realistically say this is the first year Cronulla has marketed and supported memberships correctly, where as other clubs with slightly higher memberships have been doing this correctly for years.

Latest posts