What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2017 Crowd Watch

Raiderdave

First Grade
London doesn't have 3 PL sides

Chelsea
Arsenal
West ham
Palace
Spurs
Watford is London if we're saying Penrith is Sydney.

Championship football attracts crowds larger than the NRL does in Sydney and there's a load more London teams in that.

ok
well Id have to give a rats about the EPL to know that i suppose ... & i don't
fact is London & New York are cosiderably bigger then Sydney & in relative terms don't get many more people watching elite sport in them then Sydney

Perth Red

Post Whore
ok
fact is London & New York are cosiderably bigger then Sydney & in relative terms don't get many more people watching elite sport in them then Sydney

Simply not true if you look at attendances and tv audiences in those cities for the number one sport. No where else is stupid enough to think nine teams in a city with a pop of 5million is a good idea for a top competition. Australia is unique in that it's two codes have evolved in parallel out of two state competitions where as in every part of the world the comp has evolved from a national league and made its way to the number one spot.

Afl has cast these shackles by expanding nationally, rugby league did same until Murdoch and SL totally screwed it and set the game back 40 years. If it will ever recover is hard to say.

AJB1102

First Grade
I am a regular at B League fixtures.
Until the NRL bring in my rule changes I am watching on the box. Even then only Eels and Raiders games (who play some good B League style).

How can you make any observations - let alone recommendations - on a sport you only watch like a quarter of its regular season games?

Oh shit, I mention quarters, didn't I? My bad. Sorry all for what follows.

Raiderdave

First Grade
Simply not true if you look at attendances and tv audiences in those cities for the number one sport. No where else is stupid enough to think nine teams in a city with a pop of 5million is a good idea for a top competition. Australia is unique in that it's two codes have evolved in parallel out of two state competitions where as in every part of the world the comp has evolved from a national league and made its way to the number one spot.

Afl has cast these shackles by expanding nationally, rugby league did same until Murdoch and SL totally screwed it and set the game back 40 years. If it will ever recover is hard to say.

well you can't say nowhere else is stupid enough
then say our situation is unique
the fact is neither sport stepped outside of either city before 1982

& the AFL's situation in QLD shows they're a long way from casting off anything just yet
they are still tied to their traditional areas , all they've shown is you can spend a billion plus dollars & still not take over anything ...

Pommy

Coach
ok

'I don't give a rats so I'm just going to make up statistics'

Ok then.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Do both clubs members get in to today's game? Looking forward to this one. Hopefully huge crowd and great atmosphere lifting the players to a great game.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Do both clubs members get in to today's game? Looking forward to this one. Hopefully huge crowd and great atmosphere lifting the players to a great game.
How have you been following NRL for as long as you have and not know that Bulldogs v Souths is a reciprocal rights arrangement? :rolling_eyes::rolling_eyes::rolling_eyes:

The Partisan

I think a brand new franchise like the Bombers would fail but if a QLD cup side were to be promoted to NRL that has the potential to be a big success, especially someone like Ipswich. You're right Brisbane Broncos 2 won't work but a team that is tied into a community separate from Brisbane would.

For me this is is a major point. A specific existing community backed team will have an immediate supporter base. Not sure if a soul less 2nd Brisbane team would have the same effect.

The Ipswich / Western Corridor region ....or perhaps even a Redcliffe / Sunshine Coast outfit would fit this bill.

Pommy

Coach
upset I don't like pommyball son ??

Not at all. To be honest since I moved I don't find myself watching much football, I much prefer to watch league to be honest.
I just don't know why you would make up statistics and then pretend like it's irrelevant that you did because you don't like it anyway.

Weird.

mattyg

Bench
Here at ANZ now. Southern end pretty full. Should go close to 40k here with a late walkup from the Easter show

Raiderdave

First Grade
Not at all. To be honest since I moved I don't find myself watching much football, I much prefer to watch league to be honest.
I just don't know why you would make up statistics and then pretend like it's irrelevant that you did because you don't like it anyway.

Weird.
its irrelevent because the point i was making doesn't change if theres 3 sides in London or 5/6
our codes history is unique

Latest posts