What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2017 Crowd Watch

Perth Red

Post Whore
Heads should roll, but we know they wont. Tell us again Toddie how this is a great win for the fans!

d0fa7f349cdfd729bc6d8dc4c4e894c5

“Fans will be able to see two games live on Fridays and, while the early game may present some challenges in terms of attendances, we think it will be a big hit,” Greenberg said.

Generalzod

Immortal
I was ar the game Sharks v Broncs game the criwd appeard to be more than the 11000 that was announced.

Cletus

First Grade
I never understood why they wanted the 6 pm game, people can't even get home in time to watch it and crowds were always going to stink. They have to change it.

parrawentyfan

Juniors
I am not one to usually rant so apologies for the below, but the way the draw and scheduling is done is ridiculous. Round 1 is meant to be a big exciting start to the season but they have completely butchered it:

- Having the first 4 games in Sydney is just asking for trouble. No one can predict the weather but why place all your eggs in one basket?
- Isn't the first game of the season meant to built up as an 'event' or something of the sort? Yes, the Sharks are defending premiers but last night's game doesn't really live up to that moniker. If it must be in Sydney, at least make it a big game at ANZ or SFS and pump up the crowd with family deals etc. Suburban games have their place, but not as the season opener (not to mention following it with Belmore).
- No games in Brisbane or Melbourne in week 1 seems like a massive missed opportunity to get a decent crowd and a bit more national coverage. Particularly Melbourne given the AFL hasn't started yet and the other big drawing team (Victory) is playing away from home.
- If Melbourne must (for some reason) play in Sydney, why make them play on the same night as Victory a few kms away. At least make it the day after in the hope some well travelled Victory / Storm fans make a weekend out of it.
- The Friday 6pm game is an atrocious decision. Most people are not even home from work in time to watch it, let alone make it to the stadium. Like many others, I will be catching the second half on TV most weeks. It can't be that hard to find another timeslot (6pm Sunday).

I know this is the crowd thread, but addressing all of those points would have helped the NRL start the season with a bang, instead it has started with a whimper. Some of the blame lies with the TV networks, but the NRL let them do it. Hope it gets better from here.

carcharias

Immortal
Sharks on a thurs night against a team from woop woop with no support here will have a bigger crowd than any game on a Fri night

Sharkman05

Juniors
I am not one to usually rant so apologies for the below, but the way the draw and scheduling is done is ridiculous. Round 1 is meant to be a big exciting start to the season but they have completely butchered it:

- Having the first 4 games in Sydney is just asking for trouble. No one can predict the weather but why place all your eggs in one basket?
- Isn't the first game of the season meant to built up as an 'event' or something of the sort? Yes, the Sharks are defending premiers but last night's game doesn't really live up to that moniker. If it must be in Sydney, at least make it a big game at ANZ or SFS and pump up the crowd with family deals etc. Suburban games have their place, but not as the season opener (not to mention following it with Belmore).
- No games in Brisbane or Melbourne in week 1 seems like a massive missed opportunity to get a decent crowd and a bit more national coverage. Particularly Melbourne given the AFL hasn't started yet and the other big drawing team (Victory) is playing away from home.
- If Melbourne must (for some reason) play in Sydney, why make them play on the same night as Victory a few kms away. At least make it the day after in the hope some well travelled Victory / Storm fans make a weekend out of it.
- The Friday 6pm game is an atrocious decision. Most people are not even home from work in time to watch it, let alone make it to the stadium. Like many others, I will be catching the second half on TV most weeks. It can't be that hard to find another timeslot (6pm Sunday).

I know this is the crowd thread, but addressing all of those points would have helped the NRL start the season with a bang, instead it has started with a whimper. Some of the blame lies with the TV networks, but the NRL let them do it. Hope it gets better from here.
Absolute common sense mate, if you and the punters can figure it out WTF are the NRL doing??

SLRBRONCOS

Referee
If there was no rain and this were to be the only Friday night game in Sydney I reckon they would have got 30k

axe&smash&crush

Juniors

Right on

The nrl powerbrookers simply do not care about crowds. This has become evident with scheduling and effort to promote matches over the past few years

Cumberland Throw

First Grade
Right on

The nrl powerbrookers simply do not care about crowds. This has become evident with scheduling and effort to promote matches over the past few years

I think they care.. But they are just idiots

Fans like people on this forum probably think about crowds and ideas for improving nrl every day of their lives ..

Do we really think nrl hq staff do..?

Season opener in shit hole Stadium
4 games in a one weather zone
First 6pm could have been nz game easy
Melbourne at home tonight perfect weather apparently no afl

There is some pretty easy low hanging fruit this weekend that they have f**ked up