What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2017 Crowd Watch

El Diablo

Post Whore
Maybe a investigation into where has all the money been spend on ?.
6976fcf966779ca50521b33b9110cc87

taipan

Referee
The "fans will go to afl" blackmail bullshit has been proven wrong by numerous surveys. The Victorians get their support from Victorian expats and the eastern suburbs. They're not old Bears fans or old Balmian fans or old Wests fans or Souths fans who jumped ship in 1999. It's simply not true and never had been.

It's laughable that the Sydney apologists pull out this old threat constantly but refuse to even consider that the only places where RL is actually missing out on fans is in cities and markets where there are NO RL teams. And that certainly isn't Sydney. It's almost as funny as the apologists saying "but but but there's nine teams in Sydney" as an excuse for shit crowds but then lose their shit when someone says get rid of some then.

And as for a Sharks fan talking about super league AND advocating for Sydney clubs - HA!

This coming from a Qld apologist wowee.
Champ I spent a about 6 years involved in sales in the Nth Sydney area , subsequently met Bears' people who gave rl away, some went to union.And further proof you know zilch about Sydney,fumbleball is doing well in the Nth Sydney area at grassroots and gaining access to their Private schools.RL is struggling in the Nth Suburbs now.

I attended the meeting when the Sharks decided to go to SL with Meaning,Gow,Ribot in attendance ,some of their fans left the game because of it.You wouldn't have a clue about that.

In hindsight it appears the best move the club made, its still here ,now thriving and won a Premiership.record membership and growing, with a $500m development to further back them.

Biut thanks for your concerns.

taipan

Referee
There a north Sydney afl team? Must have missed their inclusion. Problem is not rationalising, it's leaving regions with no strategy for ongoing engagement. Once you move beyond the misinformed paradigm that you need a
N nrl club in every Sydney suburb to keep Sydney strong you can start to come up with a realistic future growth strategy.

Oh LOL please,incorrect the poor man's Rothfield.You miss a lot of things ,reality being one.

Not a Nth Sydney AFL team first thing you get right, but a whole lot of junior AFL teams,that were't there before.And rl grassroots is hanging on by a thread there.AFL now in GPS schools there.RL is not growing in that area, well down on the Bear's years.

Your last para is bollocks, for example the AFL are not culling any more suburban teams.The only reason the other two Lions and Swans left, they were in sh*tters ditch money wise ,with dwindling supporter base.
They probably realise their nth TV ratings with all the pumped in money just aint working ,or to use your repetitive word just "stagnating"
Perhaps you can suggest to them ,they only need 6 AFL teams in Melbourne,as a true fumbler devotee!!

Sydney's population is not remaining static for a start,closing in on 5m,and spreading further.
If you are that dopey not to realise .chopping further teams, and remember one has already been chopped, and 4 merged in a growing city , is somehow going to solve crowd problems,you do not understand Sydney's sporting psyche.
In effect you are only robbing Peter to pay Paul

And it is bleedingly obvious you have no understanding about North Sydney ,but that's typical.

Be a good lad, form a crowd and get 20,000 plus to the next NRL game in Perth.If that happens in wet weather I'll be the first to congratulate the area,as they don't get much rl for entertainment.
Of course if they don't, and you come up with excuses, we'll just have a field day.

We have a NRL team the Titans on the GC ,pop inc surrounding areas 500,000 set.Playing the Dragons one of the most high profile rl teams in the country.They got 13,000 (yes decent by NRL standards) but only half filling a top class stadium on a fine night 6pm game, in an area that has strong grassroots base.BTW I supported their inclusion.

Let's say we got rid of the Tigers and replaced them with the Titans.Nothing would be gained crowd wise,one area would not have a junior base to aspire to their local area, and the TV ratings in fact would probably drop.The code admits they get better TV ratings for the Tigers than a few other Sydney clubs.

taipan

Referee
Maybe a investigation into where has all the money been spend on ?.

P*ssing it up against a wall? You're an expert on that Teddles.What are the symptoms? Which pub do they start from ? And is it full ,mid or low strength beer?

I'm going to call you Toovey Teddles"There's go to be an investigation."

Bleeding enlightening ole son.

colly

Juniors
In fact the AFL lost $16M. But they also managed to buy a stadium and start a national womens comp.

No one has the first clue how the NRL lost money. They got a huge chunk of cash, went to the pub and pissed it up against the wall as far as anyone can tell
Afl bought stadium with a bank loan.

With a $275,000,000.00 loan. When payed back to the (with interest) banks not much change left say from 1 billion dollars or $1,000,000,000.00. Get this they would have owned it in seven years for one dollar. Genius thinking Billion dollar mistake.

Raiderdave

First Grade
Afl bought stadium with a bank loan.

With a $275,000,000.00 loan. When payed back to the (with interest) banks not much change left say from 1 billion dollars or $1,000,000,000.00. Get this they would have owned it in seven years for one dollar. Genius thinking Billion dollar mistake.

yep
& its aging & in need of a refurb soon too , i for the life of me have no idea why they did this
on the surface it seems like rampant stupidity
but there must be a story behind it ......

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
In fact the AFL lost $16M. But they also managed to buy a stadium and start a national womens comp.

No one has the first clue how the NRL lost money. They got a huge chunk of cash, went to the pub and pissed it up against the wall as far as anyone can tell
Buy a stadium f**king lol, it was a bank loan. And it's an ageing asset nearing its 20th year in dire need of an upgrade - much like ANZ is here. Difference being it has the government helping out.

Pommy

Coach
I had a quick scan through this thread and couldn't see this mentioned but there was an open letter to Souths fans issued yesterday.

With the remaining six rounds of the NRL Telstra Premiership draw announced on Monday, the Rabbitohs will play their only Sunday afternoon home game at ANZ Stadium this weekend against the Penrith Panthers.

We have only one Saturday and one Sunday home game at ANZ Stadium in 2017 and we share the frustrations our Members feel about the lack of balance in the schedule.

We understand it is important to have some diversity in the schedule across evenings and weekend afternoons. This year we haven’t received as many Saturday and Sunday games as we would have liked.

We want a really big crowd for this Sunday’s match against the Panthers to show the NRL how much our Members and fans value their weekend games.

This Sunday we also celebrate our relationship with the Indigenous communities of Australia.

There will be numerous activities around the ground on Sunday to entertain; including the FACE photography Exhibition, an on-field performance by the Warada Dancers and half time the PCYC Nations of Origin matches will be played between the under 16s boys and girls teams from Eora and Darug Nations.

With the NRL having more control of the draw, hopefully next year we will be represented more across Saturday and Sunday afternoon football.

The changes in 2018 will see all 25 Rounds of the schedule fixed giving us the knowledge to plan our season ahead right from the start. With a more balanced schedule we’ll strive to work with not only the NRL, but other clubs and ANZ Stadium to make it easier for our supporters to attend games.

The Rabbitohs will take on the Penrith Panthers at ANZ Stadium this Sunday 2 July with kick-off scheduled at 4pm.

Help us show the NRL that we want weekend football by turning up in numbers this weekend. Let's make a statement!

Kind Regards,
Blake Solly
Member: 59795

Now I understand that Souths are an easy targets on here for people to have a lol at and that we have some very dim witted fans gracing these pages, but everyone must be able to agree that two weekend home games in Sydney is bullshit. The problem is it doesn't even tell the whole story as we haven't had many more weekend away Sydney games.

Teddyboy

First Grade
P*ssing it up against a wall? You're an expert on that Teddles.What are the symptoms? Which pub do they start from ? And is it full ,mid or low strength beer?

I'm going to call you Toovey Teddles"There's go to be an investigation."

Bleeding enlightening ole son.
So if the NRL are in rude health where is the money going prick.
Plus Grant looks like a Bear in the Oxford Street scene.

taipan

Referee
So if the NRL are in rude health where is the money going prick.
Plus Grant looks like a Bear in the Oxford Street scene.

I've spelt out where I understand it's going.Did I say the game was in rude health? If it was I wouldn't have stated the grassroots is bleeding, clubs are owned by the NRL to save them, nor the ordinary crowds at ANZ.Never suggest the crowds were good anywhere any time

I know there's been waste.Paying overpriced execs who did little is a classic example, most have since been flicked.
You keep raving and not reading what I've stated and you'll continue to be 24 hours behind everyone else.

taipan

Referee
I had a quick scan through this thread and couldn't see this mentioned but there was an open letter to Souths fans issued yesterday.

Now I understand that Souths are an easy targets on here for people to have a lol at and that we have some very dim witted fans gracing these pages, but everyone must be able to agree that two weekend home games in Sydney is bullshit. The problem is it doesn't even tell the whole story as we haven't had many more weekend away Sydney games.

I totally agree with that comment.Sunday afternoons is a better crowd drawer fullstop.