What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2017 Crowd Watch

Valheru

Coach
Roosters flying the flag for Sydney teams in terms of crowds.

Not sure where this one come from TBH. From memory we have barely scraped 10k there in the past, even against Newcastle.

Maybe the time slot helped.

OldPanther

Coach

Not sure where this one come from TBH. From memory we have barely scraped 10k there in the past, even against Newcastle.

There is a lot of Rooster fans up here on the coast. There's a few at work, my neighbor. They're everywhere here.

Valheru

Coach
There is a lot of Rooster fans up here on the coast. There's a few at work, my neighbor. They're everywhere here.

Yeah i have heard we have decent support uo there but we haven't got close to this before. Are the sharks also well supported up there?

gallagher

Juniors
One thing's for sure ,judging by the huuuuuge crowd at Perth,I should have bought a ticket to boost the crowd.Looks like only your relos from the old dart ,have bothered to show up.I can smell the pork pies and patties from here.I mean a city of 2.04m people .

BTW melad I attend /pay for 14 NRL games each year: 12 home 2 away .Care to compare attendances ?

It's a terrible nah really cruel thing to say, but judging by the crowd at Gosford ,I'm calling for that area including Nth Sydney for expansion, along with Banana 2.

Then Adelaide ,probably Wellington NZ .I just don't know where you fit in ,in the scheme of things.

Perhaps a car racing circuit encompassing NIB ,would draw the crowds.

Perhaps when it comes to bagging Sydney NRL clubs re crowds ,you might in future adopt a more humble approach.As the saying goes potty calling the kettle black
I know you just having a go at perth red but, how many games in sydney do you go to not involving your club?

Eion

First Grade

A great crowd. I got the sense there were a fair few there that were neutrals and also appeared a better than usual representation of sharks than you'd expect at most away games.

beave

Coach
Whilst PR can clown it up at times and at other occasions can also be pretty forthright in the current state of our great game, hopefully now tonights game in Perth might insert some humbleness into him/her in regards to crowds on the east coast that have been low due to the weather.

It f**king sucks the weather is shit in Perth tonight and the crowd is low, there is nothing good about it on either side of the LU fence.

gallagher

Juniors
I wont use rain as an excuse. Theres no way in the world i was going out to watch this game. Bit sick of seeing the same teams every year.

horrie hastings

First Grade
Yeah. They also ran out of beer. Must have forgotten it wasn't an A League game.

They should just run the beer lines straight over from the leagues club. Last game I went to there in 2015 they ran out of beer and also they couldn't sell pies from the Villis stall because they had just been put into the warmers and this was at half time, means they would have been warm just in time for the crowd leaving at full time. Great ground to watch footy but their catering leaves a lot to be desired.

taipan

Referee
I know you just having a go at perth red but, how many games in sydney do you go to not involving your club?

Mate ,14 games a season involving my club, season stand ticket nearly $500 plus 2 away games in stands.I love my league ,but I have family and the cash is not a bottomless pit.
Last year attended semis Cows v Sharks and G/F,taking my family.You add it up?

Oh and I also have Fox Pay TV ,have done so since late 90s,so whilst I could sit on my rear end and sit on a couch ,I do the right thing by the club and game and attend

I also attended the first SL game against Canberra at the SFS,I attended the opening RLWC2008 at the SFS against the Kiwis.I went on a Kangaroo tour to Pommyland and watched 3 tests.I've attended SOO games on occasions.Attended an ARL game at Seagulls stadium Qld, involving the Bulldogs and the from memory the Giants ages ago before SL.
Attended a semi at Robina between the Titans and again think the Tigers years ago.When on holidays.
Contributed to overseas development fund

Think I pay my way.

gallagher

Juniors
Mate ,14 games a season involving my club, season stand ticket nearly $500 plus 2 away games in stands.I love my league ,but I have family and the cash is not a bottomless pit.
Last year attended semis Cows v Sharks and G/F,taking my family.You add it up?

Oh and I also have Fox Pay TV ,have done so since late 90s,so whilst I could sit on my rear end and sit on a couch ,I do the right thing by the club and game and attend

I also attended the first SL game against Canberra at the SFS,I attended the opening RLWC2008 at the SFS against the Kiwis.I went on a Kangaroo tour to Pommyland and watched 3 tests.I've attended SOO games on occasions.Attended an ARL game at Seagulls stadium Qld, involving the Bulldogs and the from memory the Giants ages ago before SL.
Attended a semi at Robina between the Titans and again think the Tigers years ago.When on holidays.
Contributed to overseas development fund

Think I pay my way.
Not doubting that. I'm a league a fanatic aswell. When i lived in sydney i went to all the tigers games and quite a few parra games add i lived pretty close to parra stadium.
Now i live in a city that the NRL has no plans in putting a team into. I've been to every game brought here since about 2005, trials and all.
I went to the test last year and will go to the world cup double header in Oct.
But i had no interest in this game, and i dont think means Im not a league fan.
7 or 8 years of big crowds hadn't got us a team, why should i go and see 2 teams i have no interest in?

OldPanther

Coach
Yeah i have heard we have decent support uo there but we haven't got close to this before. Are the sharks also well supported up there?

Not as many but pretty decent. One of the blokes from work is a Sharks man. The Roosters went to my daughter's school which was nice. They are running a footy camp thing for kids over the holidays as well. Putting a lot of effort in.

Latest posts