What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2017 Crowd Watch

Maybe when the NRL gain control they will put this fixture on a Sunday afternoon
Or maybe they'll still bend over to what Nein wants.

I don't know why people keep talking about the NRL controlling scheduling making a difference. They will still have Thursday night games and Friday 6pm games etc. Someone will have to play them. And the NRL will still try to keep Nein happy by putting Brisbane, Bulldogs, Parra, Wests and Souths on in the Nein timeslots regardless of how shit they are.

The only bright note is they can't actually make scheduling worse. It's pretty sad when the only positives you can find in the administration is that they can't f**k something up more (because it's pretty much already as bad as it can get).

BuffaloRules

Coach
Or maybe they'll still bend over to what Nein wants.

I don't know why people keep talking about the NRL controlling scheduling making a difference. They will still have Thursday night games and Friday 6pm games etc. Someone will have to play them. And the NRL will still try to keep Nein happy by putting Brisbane, Bulldogs, Parra, Wests and Souths on in the Nein timeslots regardless of how shit they are.

The only bright note is they can't actually make scheduling worse. It's pretty sad when the only positives you can find in the administration is that they can't f**k something up more (because it's pretty much already as bad as it can get).

Whatever is the outcome... You will still whinge because there won't be a team in Dubbo, and City v Country got boned..

Perth Red

Post Whore
How much will it cost the NRL to get a single WA team to 20k avg and how long?

I think your trajectory talk is nice and all.... but they probably think it's a waste.
Rugby league is not as popular as you imagine.
People think it is violent shit supported by dumb bogans.

A lot and awhile, probably. How long and how much to get Cronulla to 20k?

Perth Red

Post Whore
Is this game being played in Perth?

Apparently that's the only acceptable venue where rain is a valid excuse..
I'd suggest two Perth clubs playing their cities main sport would get a few more, even in the rain.
We got 20k earlier this year you muppet.

We got 36k and 70k late last year too.

Avg, not freaky one offs. Or if you want to go off one off crowds, get us in now, we've already racked up 20kmcrowds three times in last four years.

carcharias

Immortal
I'd suggest two Perth clubs playing their cities main sport would get a few more, even in the rain.

Avg, not freaky one offs. Or if you want to go off one off crowds, get us in now, we've already racked up 20kmcrowds three times in last four years.
That's 3 one offs

BuffaloRules

Coach
When have I said there should be a team in Dubbo?

But if there was they'd get bigger crowds than at ANZ when the two biggest clubs are playing.

Sounds a bit hypothetical...

So what should be done in Sydney out of interest when not even the "two biggest clubs" can draw a crowd on a raining Thurs night?

Where are those 25.000 Away Parra fans that you were saying showed up against the Tigers two weeks ago by the way?

Teddyboy

First Grade
I bet the players really thrive on playing in front of empty stadiums and if I was a ground sponsor I wouldn't be happy spending good money just to show off my business to empty grounds and I suspect a lot of tv viewers will switch the game off as well as it comes of very poor that one of the top team sports in Australia can't get crowds a lot of the times due to the incompetence of the NRL.

Sounds a bit hypothetical...

So what should be done in Sydney out of interest when not even the "two biggest clubs" can draw a crowd on a raining Thurs night?

Where are those 25.000 Away Parra fans that you were saying showed up against the Tigers two weeks ago by the way?
Didn't say that either.

You haven't got the hang of this quoting thing.

Where Sydney "fans" are is a question that gets asked every week. Where they definitely aren't is at NRL games.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Curtains will sort it out. Will look a lot better when 95% of the ground is curtained off and the 7k there make the ground look full lol.

I wonder how many would be there if it was free to all members of both clubs? Or is cost not the main problem?

Latest posts