What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2017 Crowd Watch

Craigshark

First Grade
$30 tickets on halfway.. Can't really complain about that for a final. Hopefully the atmosphere and crowd is as good as the qualifying final there last year.

Brutus

Referee
Even though the cowboys won't bring a lot of supporters, I'd be highly surprised if there wasn't closer to 30k for this game.

Sharks fans love the SFS come finals time.

What was the crowd for Cronulla and Souths on a perfect Sunday arvo at Allianz in 2015 (first week of the finals)?

horrie hastings

First Grade
All SFS games to have "Eat and seat" option
Reserved seat on the upper level with apparently unlimited sausage sizzle, popcorn and chips + a soft drink.

$60 Adult ticket for Roosters v Broncos

An innovation in NRL ticket sales? I am shocked. And very tempted to buy one lol

A shame they don't give you a beer or a glass of wine option beside the soft drink but it is a good deal. I noticed they had a free sausage sizzle at the Titans game once you came through the security barriers, they looked good too but I had just eaten lunch.

adamkungl

Immortal
Got a 5400 pax this arvo for Roosters. Not too bad for day 1 presale. There's potential here, Roosters Broncos on Good Friday back in the early 2000s used to pull some great crowds.

STORM.99/07

Bench
Supposedly Manly fans don't like, or don't know how to get across the Harbour Bridge. As for Panther fans, well it is a long way to travel and would take them a few different forms of transport to travel on to get there. I suppose it all depends on whether fans from those teams really want to attend.
I have been to the last 2 home Storm games and I will be driving from sadelaide again to go on Sat for the final.

Hello, I'm The Doctor

First Grade
Cron v nq

Promoters dream

EVERY match this week looks shit...

This is why i want a conference-based finals system in place; A group of East Sydney teams, Wests Sydney teams, and the rest. Then have the top teams in these groups play off for "Division Champion" and have all of the group winners play off for GF spots.

Stack the deck to GUARANTEE derbies in the early rounds and only have these soulless match-ups late when the event (GF or Qualifier) is all the excitement fans need.

You cant have a system that promotes these random pairings, then act surprised when you get them...

Valheru

Coach
Roosters got 20k against storm in a QF in 2015. Brisbane will bring more than they did so expect around 25k.

The other 2 sydney games are harder to predict.

Panthers look shot so who knows with their fans and Manly are a lottery. Hopefully it gets to 20k

The sharks fans were sensational last finals series but the appetite just isn't the same in the shire this year. It could be sub 20k.

Hello, I'm The Doctor

First Grade
Supposedly Manly fans don't like, or don't know how to get across the Harbour Bridge. As for Panther fans, well it is a long way to travel and would take them a few different forms of transport to travel on to get there. I suppose it all depends on whether fans from those teams really want to attend.

I cant f*cking believe the NRL actually thinks 3 games at the SFS is a better idea than sending this one up to the Central Coast.

At gosford, they would get an easy 20k and a packed stadium. At the SFS, im guessing 13k.

Teddyboy

First Grade
it was actually 38000 in 1993
& 35000 in 1994

I also went to a final on a miserable pouring with rain saturday afternoon final when manly played the broncos & 32000 attended that day in 1990
in 1991 , 35000 turned up when Manly played the Raiders on a saturday
So Manly fans used to make the effort in big numbers , but all of these finals had something else in common too , all day finals for starters , there were no night finals in those days , also
a ticket scheme where you paid about $100 ( it never got to anymore then $120 i think ) to attend every final including the Grand final as they were all played at the SFS , the NSWRL had this scheme going from 1990
10000 tickets were released
they were snapped up in a few hours of going on sale every year til it stopped when the ARL took over & finals started to be played outside of Sydney in 1995
if you didn't want to go , or couldn't to a particular final , you'd give the ticket to that game or sell it to somone who did
so lots of neutrals going to finals
we need to entice these people back to attend finals in Sydney ( and everywhere )
even if their side isn't playing , but particularly in Sydney

cheap as chips tickets to ticketed members of any Sydney side ?
free tickets to the competing clubs members
junior players in for nix as well

lets get the stands filled eh ?

So how much would a finals ticket cost in 2017 ? but never less that was good business from the ARL guaranteeing 10000 ticket members for SFS before fans of finals team got their hands on tickets.

carcharias

Immortal
Yes, youre right. Cant wait for the exciting match up of Cronulla and Townsville. So much history, such a rivalry.

Should get at least 10k, hey......

Actually does have recent finals history
Their coach is an old legendary sharks player
7th tackle try
Seggyaro
Sharks knocked them out last year

Latest posts