What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2017 Crowd Watch

Perth Red

Post Whore
You must be absolutely blind and deaf to have not seen or heard the media banging on about crowds.

Really? Regular season finished Sunday and the results are in. Lowest attendance since 2004. How many stories and opinion pieces yesterday or today on this final result?

Perth Red

Post Whore
What part of lobbying don't you understand?

The part where you put out soft statements and comments. If he was lobbying you don't go about it with this sht statements, you talk about the NEED for ANZ development, the fans DESERVING it, the NSW Govt GIVING the people want they want, NRL fans being CRIZTICAL of any decisions not in their interests etc etc.

"If we end up having a purpose-built rectangular stadium here at Sydney Olympic Park"
"that's the outcome we are absolutely, desperately hoping for"
"Greenberg was stunned last week"

But yeh I am sure this lobbying effort in the media has totally got the NSW Govt rethinking its ideas!

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Really? Regular season finished Sunday and the results are in. Lowest attendance since 2004. How many stories and opinion pieces yesterday or today on this final result?
The stories have been in the news for several weeks about this you clown. You're either ignorant or being deliberately inflammatory.

El Diablo

Post Whore
if they'd made it rectangular after the Olympics instead of f**king it up just for fumbleball then it would probably be fine

PARRA_FAN

Coach
Final regular season crowd figures are in for this season. Total crowd figures for the 192 premiership games was 2,864,464 at an average of 14,919 per game. This is down by the small margin of just 1.9 percent on last years figures. This seasons average is lowest since 2004 when it was 14,670.

If we didn't have those decent crowds in Round 26 could've been a lot worse.

Wasn't it Grant and Greenburg's vision to the biggest H&A crowd since or better than 2005, yet we're worse than last year and the year before.

Hmm gee I wonder why?

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
Blame the Olympics for building white elephants.
Its not a complete white elephant.

Sydney needs a stadium of that size, the issue is that it's usefulness as an oval is nil because there isn't 80000 Cumberland tosser type afl fans to fill it in Sydney and the city already has one of the world's most iconic and best cricket grounds at the scg.

Clifferd

Coach
Only way crowds are gonna be saved this finals series is if

Parra and Brisbane win this weekend

Which is ... highly unlikely lol

Valheru

Coach
Only way crowds are gonna be saved this finals series is if

Parra and Brisbane win this weekend

Which is ... highly unlikely lol

They both get the one finals home game regardless of the result this weekend so I don't see your logic?

Clifferd

Coach
They both get the one finals home game regardless of the result this weekend so I don't see your logic?

True forgot about that...still prelims > Week 2 in terms of crowds

Seeing as it's a strong possibility Roosters v Parra in a prelim I wonder if they'd move it to anz ? or is it definitely Roosters right of way in terms of venue, because that game would draw much more than SFS capacity imo

Latest posts