What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2017 Crowd Watch

Vee

First Grade
We had Geoff Robson as half back
Not sure how we were even in the finals
The Donkeys won a premiership with Shane Whatever-his-name-was. And I always thought Robson underrated in any case. No star, just a good honest hard-working half. I would have taken him in NQ before we finally got Morgan to partner JT.

Raiderdave

First Grade
Pretty f**king obvious that he's lobbying.

no todd
they won't change just because of the stadium although that will help significantly

we need the draw sorted
we need Thursdays & Friday 6pms to go
we need better/smarter pricing
we need clubs to buy in & promote themselves & games

then crowds will improve
to just plonk a new big stadium up & still play at 8pm Thursdays will not improve a thing

DC_fan

Coach
I cant f*cking believe the NRL actually thinks 3 games at the SFS is a better idea than sending this one up to the Central Coast.

At gosford, they would get an easy 20k and a packed stadium. At the SFS, im guessing 13k.

Thinking outside the square. I Ike that.

Emu01

Juniors
Got a 5400 pax this arvo for Roosters. Not too bad for day 1 presale. There's potential here, Roosters Broncos on Good Friday back in the early 2000s used to pull some great crowds.

Is that pax just general admission numbers? Members should be packed for this one which will help..I'm in the members with a group of about 15 and climbing by the day. Looks promising at this stage.

Hello, I'm The Doctor

First Grade
According to Todd it's all to do with anz. Yep get some better seating in anz and the nrl's sht house 20 year crowd stagnation is going to dramatically improve!

http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/...dium-says-todd-greenberg-20170904-gyahon.html

He is pretty clearly lobbying...

In terms of fixing the problem, this is a pretty limited solution. But its probably the only one he can push in the news now. If he goes off half-cocked on ticket prices or timeslots then cant get them changed, he would look like a right twat.

Im just happy this is even being considered as a problem. For so long, 10-15k crowds were acceptable. guess without the event games to boost the average, the shitty crowds in the suburban grounds cant really be covered up...

adamkungl

Immortal
He is pretty clearly lobbying...

In terms of fixing the problem, this is a pretty limited solution. But its probably the only one he can push in the news now. If he goes off half-cocked on ticket prices or timeslots then cant get them changed, he would look like a right twat.

Im just happy this is even being considered as a problem. For so long, 10-15k crowds were acceptable. guess without the event games to boost the average, the shitty crowds in the suburban grounds cant really be covered up...

Now that he's gone and admitted crowds are shit he's at least forced to do something about, lest he look like a hypocritical moron... er, even moreso.

Vee

First Grade
Now that he's gone and admitted crowds are shit he's at least forced to do something about, lest he look like a hypocritical moron... er, even moreso.
No, he's not forced to do anything. He's just thrown his hands in the air and blamed it on ANZ. If they don't fix it, he has someone to blame. If they do, he's bought a few years grace for himself during which he can continue to shift the blame while preparing for his next job.

El Diablo

Post Whore
He's just finding an excuse to whinge.

I'm all for a Todd Greenberg bashing but that article was clearly him just trying to pressure the government into a favourable decision on the stadium funding.
if they announced there would be a Perth team next year he'd find some reason to whinge about it

guyver78

Juniors
Some of you are very optimistic about this weekend.

Roosters v Broncos will be lucky to go past 25K
Manly v Penrith 17K
Sharks v Cowboys 17K
Storm v Eels 26K

Crowds have been pathetic all year.

guyver78

Juniors
Besides Brisbane, Parra & maybe Melbourne to a certain extent, none of the teams in this year's finals draw good crowds.

Perth Red

Post Whore
No, he's not forced to do anything. He's just thrown his hands in the air and blamed it on ANZ. If they don't fix it, he has someone to blame. If they do, he's bought a few years grace for himself during which he can continue to shift the blame while preparing for his next job.

Well Grant blamed it on clubs so only fair he blames it on stadiums. God forbid they should look at the things they are responsible for!

But if you look across those targets, and if you want to attribute responsibility, the NRL is not responsible for all of those targets. Other parties are - eg. clubs."

He's talking about crowd figures here, which is hard to cop when the NRL is responsible for the absurd schedule that puts matches between arch rivals Dragons and Souths at the SCG at 6pm on a Friday instead of 3pm on a Sunday.

"That's a broadcasting thing, mate," Grant said.

Many fans are growing tired of this excuse. The last time I looked, it was the NRL's game. It doesn't belong to Fox Sports or Channel Nine.

Will that change?

"It is, from 2018," Grant said. "We take over control. Well, not complete control because at the end of the day they pay us a lot of money. The broadcasters fund this game to the tune of 65 per cent of overall revenue."
https://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/opinion/95546528/NRL-fails-at-its-own-Game-Plan

Latest posts