What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2017 Crowd Watch

Canard

Immortal
Why does Canberra have a lower average crowd attendance than North Queensland?
Similar one-city team, but bigger.
Finished 2nd last year.
No excuses.
Shocking.

There isn't one team in the NRL that has a valid excuse to draw less than the Cowboys, so not sure why your singling out the Raiders.

Raiderdave

First Grade
Surely even you recognise that all Sydney clubs compete with the likes of the Waratahs, Swans, Sydney FC and WSW etc. for fans and attendance figures.

This is even more so prevalent with clubs like the sharks,dragons, roosters and Manly who are from areas where those sports are well followed compared to the Western Sydney clubs.

no Sydney NRL club can claim to have 3 codes & their teams ..directly ...competing in their district, playing most of their home games in their district in a small market the size of Canberras
Sydney FC represent the eastern half of sydney ... not just the roosters , or sharks or manly area .. the swans are sort of the same
Waratahs supposedly represent all of sydney & NSW.
so just putting up our population compared to the shires is not a valid argument, the sharks are the only professional football team based in the shire
thats a fact.

taipan

Referee
Why does Canberra have a lower average crowd attendance than North Queensland?
Similar one-city team, but bigger.
Finished 2nd last year.
No excuses.
Shocking.

I blame the tree hugging Greens.They believe the Raiders stole their colours.

carcharias

Immortal
What Ennis did was great and builds rivalry. The fact that he even acknowledged it is a win for Raiders fans. It's a shame he didn't play on again his year, to return to Bruce.

Yeah we know that .
It's has given the game between the 2 teams more interest now.
Yet dumb arse Ricky stuart lost his shit over it.
Same as Sterlo.

They are clearly missing the whole point of the game.
It not about footy
It's about entertainment for fans.

Canard

Immortal
I blame the tree hugging Greens.They believe the Raiders stole their colours.

There was a clown on here recently that claimed that he stopped supporting the Raiders after a decade because they changed the shade of green in the 90s.

taipan

Referee
no Sydney NRL club can claim to have 3 codes & their teams ..directly ...competing in their district, playing most of their home games in their district in a small market the size of Canberras
Sydney FC represent the eastern half of sydney ... not just the roosters , or sharks or manly area .. the swans are sort of the same
Waratahs supposedly represent all of sydney & NSW.
so just putting up our population compared to the shires is not a valid argument, the sharks are the only professional football team based in the shire
thats a fact.
\
Wrong again Dave there are many Sydney FC supporters from the Shire and quite a few Thwans fans.The Shire has the biggest soccer nursery in Oz.And a few Rah rah inhabit the area with the 'Tah's stickers on their cars.
Why the hell don't you understand why they want a Southern franchise involving shire in the A league.Seriously mate you need to get out more.

\
Wrong again Dave there are many Sydney FC supporters from the Shire and quite a few Thwans fans.The Shire has the biggest soccer nursery in Oz.And a few Rah rah inhabit the area with the 'Tah's stickers on their cars.
Why the hell don't you understand why they want a Southern franchise involving shire in the A league.Seriously mate you need to get out more.

I should stop now because we are clearly dealing with an intellectual midget but he is claiming that Canberra is a more crowded landscape than Sydney?

Not only do Sydney clubs compete with Swans, Tahs, FC, WSW and the 8 other NRL clubs for members and fans they also compete with the Sixers, the Thunder, the Kings and the Swifts. Sure, the season are not concurrent but there is only a limited spend per household for sports entertainment.

I like Raiders fans.
Whenever I have sat amongst them i have enjoyed some very witty banter.
*please note that i rarely venture in here and have no knowledge of the exploits of Raiderdave.

Ricky probably has a little to do with the rivalry that has taken shape lately.
Anyway let the rivalry blossom and the crowds rise!

& no members
don't forget that
did i mention less members after winning a comp ??

oh thats right
I did .... hahahahahahaha

Ok so lets break it down for you. Slowly. So you understand.

The population of the ACT is 357,000
The population of the Sutherland shire is 210,000 (source Wikipedia)

The Sharks average home crowd was 15,203 in 2017
The Raiders averaged 12,183 (source RL Project)

So while only having 58% of the population of the ACT the sharks had 124% of their average crowd.

The Raiders have 16,117 members for 2017
The Sharks have 12,767 (source L.U)

So while only having 58% of the population the Sharks have 79% of their members. A far better ratio compared to population figures.

All you have to hang your hat on is that the Sharks opening round crowd was disappointing.

On a Thursday.

In the rain.

Give up.

Raiderdave

First Grade

So while only having 58% of the population of the ACT the sharks had 124% of their average crowd.

So while only having 58% of the population the Sharks have 79% of their members. A far better ratio compared to poulation figures.

All you have to hang your hat on is that the Sharks opening round crowd was disappointing.

On a Thursday.

In the rain.

Give up.

and i'll explain it to you real slow too derrick so do try & keep up
they're the premiers
they haven't gone ANYWHERE with their memberships to date .. AFTER .. winning a comp

% don't work here derrick
spin it any way you want
your membership numbers are very poor
got it ?

So while only having 58% of the population the Sharks have 79% of their members. A far better ratio compared to population figures.

On a Thursday.

In the rain.

Give up.
And he resorts to using July 2016 membership numbers against March 2017 to suggest memberships are down, when in fact as at March 2017 is well above March 2016.

and i'll explain it to you real slow too derrick so do try & keep up
they're the premiers
they haven't gone ANYWHERE with their memberships to date .. AFTER .. winning a comp

% don't work here derrick
spin it any way you want
your membership numbers are very poor
got it ?
Liar, dope, idiot

Latest posts