What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2017 Crowd Watch

Jizmos

Juniors
I live near Kogarah oval and it was deadset like a monsoon today the rain only stopped just before kickoff and it has rained every day this week.

Monsoon!? It was scattered light showers lmao

The posters on this forum in general are the hardcore fans and just expect people to be more like us and attend games etc..

Reality is the general public just doesn't really care that much about rugby league.

There's no need for the exaggerated excuses.

Emu01

Juniors

The posters on this forum in general are the hardcore fans and just expect people to be more like us and attend games etc..

Reality is the general public just doesn't really care that much about rugby league.

I drove from one side of Sydney to to other man. It was raining the whole way mate. I'm not exaggerating.

Yosemite Sam

Juniors

It is the most followed sporting competition in the country by far. Troll on.

Canard

Immortal
I drove from one side of Sydney to to other man. It was raining the whole way mate. I'm not exaggerating.

Check out the post count of the guy your responding to also note" the general public doesn't care about Rugby League" line.

Jizmos

Juniors
Geez, the defence mechanism is triggered from nothing 'round these parts!

It's amazing how I can discuss these topics verbally with people not so emotionally invested and get some rational, logical responses.

Do I want us to average over 25k? Yes.
Do I want us getting 60k+ as a standard to the monster matchups like Dogs v Dragons? ABSOLUTELY!
I love this sport and I want the atmosphere to match the on field action which if we're being honest with ourselves, is nowhere near the case outside of Origin and Broncos/Cowboys matches in QLD.

If rugby league really is the biggest and most popular sport in this country then why aren't we doing those numbers easily?....They aren't even the benchmark FFS!

We need solutions, not excuses.
Or if those fail then perhaps a dose of reality may be in order....At least for some of you.

Canard

Immortal
Geez, the defence mechanism is triggered from nothing 'round these parts!

It's amazing how I can discuss these topics verbally with people not so emotionally invested and get some rational, logical responses.

Do I want us to average over 25k? Yes.
Do I want us getting 60k+ as a standard to the monster matchups like Dogs v Dragons? ABSOLUTELY!
I love this sport and I want the atmosphere to match the on field action which if we're being honest with ourselves, is nowhere near the case outside of Origin and Broncos/Cowboys matches in QLD.

If rugby league really is the biggest and most popular sport in this country then why aren't we doing those numbers easily?....They aren't even the benchmark FFS!

We need solutions, not excuses.
Or if those fail then perhaps a dose of reality may be in order....At least for some of you.

Hi GW

What's your favourite alternative music scene? Are you alt-right or alt-left?

Perth Red

Post Whore
It is the most followed sporting competition in the country by far. Troll on.

How do you figure that? The other game shts on us in memberships and attendances and we are slightly ahead in tv viewing, mainly due to regional nsw figures, where people are less likely to attend a game and merch sales. Given we seem incapable of leveraging true value off our tv viewing figures I'd take direct cash to clubs from attendances and me,berships any day of the week.

Yosemite Sam

Juniors
How do you figure that? The other game shts on us in memberships and attendances and we are slightly ahead in tv viewing, mainly due to regional nsw figures, where people are less likely to attend a game and merch sales. Given we seem incapable of leveraging true value off our tv viewing figures I'd take direct cash to clubs from attendances and me,berships any day of the week.

I'd say we are more than slightly ahead with TV viewing and I don't see why them being regional numbers is a bad thing. Supporters are supporters regardless of where they live. Our merchandise sales are also well ahead of the AFL.

I agree with you that crowds and memberships need to be better, my post was was in reponse to the comment that 'nobody cares about rugby league' which you and several other trolls seem to trot out on a regular basis.
Complete BS, just because crowds are down doesn't mean nobody is watching.

Raiderdave

First Grade
another abysmal turn out at a suburban ground this afternoon
would be lucky to be 12K at Brookvale
it is seriously a shit hole of a ground but still
why isn't it jammed packed for 2 old traditional rivals on a Sunday Arvo ??

we want to watch our footy at suburban grounds do we ?

well the evidence says we don't !!

Emu01

Juniors

Your pretty hard to please mate. Looks ok on tv and that's what's it's all about.

Stop complaining and enjoy the game.

Perth Red

Post Whore

Our expectations have become so low we breath a sigh of relief and applaud when12k turn up now.

PaulyTom

Juniors
Why do we always compare our sport against sports that are much bigger?

Be abit like comparing lawn bowls vs netball. Yes lawn bowls has smaller crowds but does it make it any lesser of a sport?

Perth Red

Post Whore
Because some like to think we are the biggest sport, and other have a hope that one day we may be.

Let's be honest the Australian sporting scene has arguably three tiers of professional sport

Tier 1
NRL & afl
Tier 2
A league and super 15 ( and maybe cricket (big bash now))
Tier 3
Basketball & Netball

Every sport is trying to be top of its tier and one day move up a tier.