What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2018 Crowd Watch

Raiderdave

First Grade
That's not how it works .
If each day has 50 k attendance then it's 3 events x 50k
Means each day will have a 50 k average

& the whole round will be 50 k average .

the whole round
LOL
50K average
we're now pretending only 3 games will be played with 150K attending

yeah
nothing wrong with that eh
LOL

Last edited:

Raiderdave

First Grade
The way the NRL does it is the fairest

For example
8 games with one a Double header
10k go to each of the 6 single games
20 k go to DH
So the crowd average for the RD can be worked out 3 ways .

80k Div 8 games = 10k average
80k div 7( 6 games 1 event) = 11428 average
100k (. 2xDH crowd) div 8 = 12500 average

I have no problems with the figure being worked out this way .Its the fairest way .
It's not understating or overstating the crowd average .

the first method is the only way it should be calculated because that's how many games were played over the round

this .. event .. term is utter BS

Reactions: Vee

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
How's tonight looking in Canberra? Can't see much of a crowd rocking up for Friday 6pm down there.

Hopefully the fact it's a GF rematch brings the fans in at Townsville though.

Burns

First Grade
Half of workplace was gone today in Canberra. It’s a long weekend for the Monday, place is a ghost town.

franklin2323

Immortal
Do we really mean to divide up the population of Sydney as though only fans of Club A attend games in Club A's area? It's not the 70s anymore.

We don't but if Brookie has a game on a Thurs night... Do you really think more than Northern Beaches locals would show up?

The Northern Beaches Population is 250,000k so realistically that is the pool for that game. Not all will like Sport, Not all will go but not many from elswhere will show

SBD82

Coach
I'm pretty proud that the dragons, even despite the Mudgee game lowering our average for the year, are on track for our best attendance figures over the history of the JV.

If we can average 14500 over the next 5 home games (we are currently sitting on an average of 19559) we will exceed the previous greatest average of 17422, set in 2011, and will also set the record for our greatest total attendance, despite having played 13 home games in a couple of previous years, and only 12 this year.

We have Manly, eels, warriors, tigers and bulldogs to come, so the manly and warriors games may be difficult to maintain the averages, but there's no reason we shouldn't get there.

Finally leaving the soulless oval masquerading as a rectangular stadium (ANZ) seems to be paying dividends.

NB I'm fully aware that the ANZAC Day game gives us a boost, and that the team is playing well, but it's not as though this is the first year that we've played well and hosted ANZAC Day.

Perth Red

Post Whore
I'm pretty proud that the dragons, even despite the Mudgee game lowering our average for the year, are on track for our best attendance figures over the history of the JV.

If we can average 14500 over the next 5 home games (we are currently sitting on an average of 19559) we will exceed the previous greatest average of 17422, set in 2011, and will also set the record for our greatest total attendance, despite having played 13 home games in a couple of previous years, and only 12 this year.

We have Manly, eels, warriors, tigers and bulldogs to come, so the manly and warriors games may be difficult to maintain the averages, but there's no reason we shouldn't get there.

Finally leaving the soulless oval masquerading as a rectangular stadium (ANZ) seems to be paying dividends.

NB I'm fully aware that the ANZAC Day game gives us a boost, and that the team is playing well, but it's not as though this is the first year that we've played well and hosted ANZAC Day.

Doust's announcement seems to have brought renewed hope! How do your fixture game times compare? if you've avoided the crappy slots then that would be a big differential as well. Good news though, St's Wests, Souths, Dogs, Eels. These should be Sydney's crowd powerhouses dragging the rest up.

SBD82

Coach
Doust's announcement seems to have brought renewed hope! How do your fixture game times compare? if you've avoided the crappy slots then that would be a big differential as well. Good news though, St's Wests, Souths, Dogs, Eels. These should be Sydney's crowd powerhouses dragging the rest up.
We've had the broncos on a Thursday, sharks (8pm) and rabbits (6pm I think?) on a Friday, raiders (Mudgee), knights and storm on a Sunday, and roosters on ANZAC (Wednesday).

Mister M

Juniors
How's tonight looking in Canberra? Can't see much of a crowd rocking up for Friday 6pm down there.

Hopefully the fact it's a GF rematch brings the fans in at Townsville though.

What's your definition of a 'GF rematch'?

It's not the first time these two sides have played since the Grand Final-- that was the testimonial game.

It's not the first time these two sides have played in a regular season game since the Grand Final-- that was back in Round 3.

The 'rematch' tag really shouldn't be tagged to this game in my opinion.

I was a staunch divide by 8 person but I'm coming around to the arguments about only being able to buy 7 tickets and the fact that some people will watch both games at the double header.

At the end of the day hopefully the NRL execs are incentivised to grow the aggregate crowd for the season and not just the average.

Not much point if the average goes up but the aggregate doesn't.

Raiderdave

First Grade
11,105 in Canberra
pretty ok considering

an accident on the Tuggeranong parkway had a lot of people late getting in

What's your definition of a 'GF rematch'?

It's not the first time these two sides have played since the Grand Final-- that was the testimonial game.

It's not the first time these two sides have played in a regular season game since the Grand Final-- that was back in Round 3.

The 'rematch' tag really shouldn't be tagged to this game in my opinion.

Pedantry

Raiderdave

First Grade
I do like how you make excuses for people in Canberra but ignore them everywhere outside of Canberra.
what excuses
I said they were late getting in due to a main arterial north bound road being blocked at the worst possible time , just after 5pm
not that they didn't turn up at all.
maybe read what was written next time

Latest posts