What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2018 Crowd Watch

carcharias

Immortal
every Sydney club when playing another Sydney club has the benefit of the away side supporters padding their crowds , despite the moaning myrtles in here stating they have to cross burning rivers , swim crocodile invested waters & slay fire breathing dragons just to get to work let alone go to a football game , they are considerably closer to each other then any one team town is to any opponent , so they have a distinct advantage if we are going to go off just raw numbers.
Ha
More excuses
You flogs bring it in yourselves
It is your bagging of Sydney crowds that made us aware of how shit Canberra’s crowds are.

Personally I don’t give a shit how many people go to other teams games.

I also am not going to go to away games.
I already do all home plus finals.

El Diablo

Post Whore
I’m amused how some sydney people constantly go on about how sht their city is, then try and tell everyone else they live in a shtter city lol

I’d have thought a key requisite for comfortable living is actually being able to travel around the place easily?
says the clown who moved away from his own country

franklin2323

Immortal
I'm amused you're amused.As one from the west who puts sh*t on Sydney at times,the irony.

You can thank the dopey planners of the mid 1900s for Sydney's transport problems.No expressway from the Airport to Wollongong still as an example.

Whilst we have beaches ,harbours,national parks, and estuaries which I wouldn;t swap for any other mainland city, which are huge plusses, our infrastructure for roads and rail is antiquated.

Sydney is really 20 or so smaller cities made into one. You can have a content life never leaving the local council area

Pommy

Coach
It's not just fans though-- it's also clubs.

Explain to me the benefit the NRL would have in sending a team to Perth when it comes the away team 3-4x the amount it costs them to travel their same players/coaches/trainers etc. Is having a team in Perth going to be that much better for crowd averages and TV viewership dollars to overcome this additional costs for clubs compared to keeping a smaller team in Sydney?

I don’t think this is really a point you can argue. Expanding the game to a new market for TV and sponsors would more than offset travel costs. Even if they had awful crowds, the NRL isn’t making its money via tickets to start with.

juro

Bench
Not forgetting that a very large percentage of Sydney are from countries that don’t even follow footy.
Asian
Italian
South American
African

The real question is what teams have the most members with the smallest crowds.
Funny, my nephews of Vietnamese heritage have no problem following the game.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Perth has nothing to do with Crowd Watch, except when a match is played there or discussing the match/es played there.

Further discussion comparing anything to Perth will be relocated to the expansion forum.

PR, stop agitating people.

taipan

Referee
What? I like sydney. Heading there on Wednesday. Would t want to live there though, you can’t get around the place according to you. Getting to beaches, river, valley, the city and the sports venues is easy in Perth and houses don’t mean you have to live in a tiny box or a shtyy area if you’re a mere mortal earner. Each to their own.

I just wished nrl had been popular in Melbourne and afl in Sydney 100 years ago, the game would be much bigger now!

Mate get a life and enjoy rugby league and the crowds who actually attend the games.

carcharias

Immortal
Funny, my nephews of Vietnamese heritage have no problem following the game.
I work with HK Chinese, Italian, Indian, Equadorian, Vietnamese , Chillian.
None have hardly ever watched a game
Definitely never attended a game

Last year I asked the young Equadorian fella if he was watching the state of origin
He said “yes, who’s playing”?
He didn’t watch it.
They do not have a clue about the NRL.

The Vietnamese are probably the least interested in any sport TBH.

carcharias

Immortal
...even the Kiwis I’ve worked with are not that big on NRL
The all blacks hell yeah
Warriors ... distant second

juro

Bench
I work with HK Chinese, Italian, Indian, Equadorian, Vietnamese , Chillian.
None have hardly ever watched a game
Definitely never attended a game

Last year I asked the young Equadorian fella if he was watching the state of origin
He said “yes, who’s playing”?
He didn’t watch it.
They do not have a clue about the NRL.

The Vietnamese are probably the least interested in any sport TBH.
Thanks for the wonderful generalisations. I will make sure I point out to my relatives that they shouldn't bother going to the next game.

carcharias

Immortal
Thanks for the wonderful generalisations. I will make sure I point out to my relatives that they shouldn't bother going to the next game.

Generalisation?
Ha
It is actually true for a wide range of ethnic groups here in Sydney.
In 30 yrs working with these people I’ve never met any that are real NRL fans.
A couple will occasionally watch a big game.
I am great friends with these people and we hang out socially.
They just don’t get into footy.
They love soccer
They lose their minds during the World Cup.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Generalisation?
Ha
It is actually true for a wide range of ethnic groups here in Sydney.
In 30 yrs working with these people I’ve never met any that are real NRL fans.
A couple will occasionally watch a big game.
I am great friends with these people and we hang out socially.
They just don’t get into footy.
They love soccer
They lose their minds during the World Cup.
Yes, generalisations. Just because your personal experience is so, doesn't mean there aren't those who don't get hardcore into supporting their team or the NRL.

carcharias

Immortal
Yes, generalisations. Just because your personal experience is so, doesn't mean there aren't those who don't get hardcore into supporting their team or the NRL.

Oh there are but I’m saying that a very large percentage of non Australian background people (either born here or not) do not give a shit about the NRL.
So therefore basing the argument on a certain places population is wrong.
Go up to Hurstville these days
How many people that live in the Chinese population do you think go to footy games regularly?

Raiderdave

First Grade
Ha
More excuses
You flogs bring it in yourselves
It is your bagging of Sydney crowds that made us aware of how shit Canberra’s crowds are.

Personally I don’t give a shit how many people go to other teams games.

I also am not going to go to away games.
I already do all home plus finals.
How shit our crowds are?
You mean the crowds that beat
the defending premiers crowds last year

Those crowds?

LOL

Perth Red

Post Whore
Here are a couple interesting crowd v membership stats I’ve chucked together.
Stats are taken from this forum

View attachment 20467

View attachment 20468

It’d be really interesting to know how many attendees were pay at the gate and how many ticketed members. And if casual members are eventually being transitioned to full members.

Wonder what the “at the gate” price difference is compared to membership per game cost at clubs?