What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2018 Crowd Watch

carcharias

Immortal
It’d be really interesting to know how many attendees were pay at the gate and how many ticketed members. And if casual members are eventually being transitioned to full members.

Wonder what the “at the gate” price difference is compared to membership per game cost at clubs?
Depends where you sit

Mister M

Juniors
Suggest you direct that at mister m who was the poster who drew perth expansion into the discussion lol

"But But But... it was the other guy"

Maybe look back through the discussion and you'll notice that it only came about because you called Cronulla geographically isolated.

Here are a couple interesting crowd v membership stats I’ve chucked together.
Stats are taken from this forum

View attachment 20467

View attachment 20468

There's statistics could be taken in so many different ways as unfortunately not all clubs are as struggle at converting fan bases into members as others.

I wonder how it would look if it was split up into time slots (good/bad) for the respective clubs. Would the Broncos have a better percentage if they didn't have as many Thursday night slots?

Are the Titans crowd numbers reflective of their fan base or is it because the Gold Coast is a more preferred location for away teams to travel to than Brisbane, NQ, Melbourne or Canberra?

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Without knowing the breakdowns within each - memberships ticketed vs non ticketed quantities, as well as crowds - members v purchased tickets (vs corporates for that matter), then its not totally helpful data

Perth Red

Post Whore
Well it would seem some teams have lazy members who don’t go to games.

Or a lot of out of town members who cant go to games? I like what Cronulla did with that infographic on its membership breakdown, every NRL club should have to do one.

Perth Red

Post Whore
"But But But... it was the other guy"

Maybe look back through the discussion and you'll notice that it only came about because you called Cronulla geographically isolated.

lol, but but but IT WAS the other guy!

Cronulla fans claim their isolation and long distance travelling from other parts of sydney are a factor in their crowds.
None of that has ANYTHING to do with Perth or expansion, you brought that in.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Yeah well I doubt that’s the case.

Not for some teams I suspect. For the first time at the DH header this year over here they had one game memberships for all 4 clubs taking part. Souths announced they have over 2000 WA members. They would be the biggest because they have made the most effort over here but I'm sure clubs who take one game to other cities are starting to build member bases in those cities?

carcharias

Immortal
Not for some teams I suspect. For the first time at the DH header this year over here they had one game memberships for all 4 clubs taking part. Souths announced they have over 2000 WA members. They would be the biggest because they have made the most effort over here but I'm sure clubs who take one game to other cities are starting to build member bases in those cities?

What’s the point?

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
Lol. Cronulla is the whitest crowd in the NRL. But 2005 showed us how the citizens of the shire greet visitors so no surprise really.

SLRBRONCOS

Referee
Looks empty

I’ve just got home from kids training and it was freezing.
Beanie ,hoodie , winter jacket and I still froze.
That wind is evil.
Glad I’m home watching it.
With every year i age i loose a lot of interest in Thursday night activities...

Latest posts