What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2018 Crowd Watch

Raiderdave

First Grade
ACT population 403,466(twice the Shires)
Crowds averaging about 11-12,000
Maybe Perth deserves a team that appreciates rugby league.

BTW density Canberra 1,300 per square mile
Sydney 1,237 per square mile.
I repeat Canberra closely populated.

Sharks defending premiers in 2017
Average crowds 12953
Raiders missed out on the finals in 2017 & haven't won anything in 23 years .... & averaged 14,097

who appreciates rugby league again dummy ?

Raiderdave

First Grade
Not sure what a 'locations' internal population has to do with how geographically isolated it is?

Perth is over 2,150km away from another city of over 1 million people, thus according to Bill Bryson makes Perth the most geographically isolated 'major' city in the world.

But continue your rant about how everyone other than Canberra is shit, rather than actually contribute anything that resembles intellectual thought.

an isolated location of 200K & another one with 10 times that population
are obviously different LOL

Raiderdave

First Grade
ACT population 403,466(twice the Shires)
Crowds averaging about 11-12,000
Maybe Perth deserves a team that appreciates rugby league.

BTW density Canberra 1,300 per square mile
Sydney 1,237 per square mile.
I repeat Canberra closely populated.

there are 420 people in every square kilometre in Sydney
there are 175 people in every square kilometre in Canberra

Canberra is NOT closely populated you goof

Mister M

Juniors
an isolated location of 200K & another one with 10 times that population
are obviously different LOL

Sprouting off random facts that have nothing to do with the original contention of the discussion and finishing your posts in 'LOL' does not make them anything closer to intellectual thought.

We get it-- you hate Cronulla, you hate Sydney, you think Canberra is amazing.

carcharias

Immortal
Sprouting off random facts that have nothing to do with the original contention of the discussion and finishing your posts in 'LOL' does not make them anything closer to intellectual thought.

Surely nobody in their right mind would think Canberra is amazing.
It is a dead set funeral home

taipan

Referee
there are 420 people in every square kilometre in Sydney
there are 175 people in every square kilometre in Canberra

Canberra is NOT closely populated you goof

2016 Canberra 443.5 per sq km
Sydney 407 per sq km which includes areas taken up by national parks within.Exclude them then a different story.But you still have to drive around or through them.eg Engadine to Liverpool
So figures stated must be BS LOL.
By comparison it is .in terms of distance,Einstein.I mean how long does it take to get to Brucey stadium FFS from the extremities, compared to Sydney.And how does Canberra's traffic infrastructure compare to Sydney.

Last edited:

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Sharks defending premiers in 2017
Average crowds 12953
Raiders missed out on the finals in 2017 & haven't won anything in 23 years .... & averaged 14,097
I guess completely ignoring their 14579 average in 2016 is how you hope people won't notice the flaw in your argument?

Not to mention Canberra's impressive end to 2016 which is a contributing factor to the upswing in their crowds in the first half of 2017.

Raiderdave

First Grade
2016 Canberra 443.5 per sq km
Sydney 407 per sq km which includes areas taken up by national parks within.Exclude them then a different story.But you still have to drive around or through them.eg Engadine to Liverpool
So figures stated must be BS LOL.
By comparison it is .in terms of distance,Einstein.I mean how long does it take to get to Brucey stadium FFS from the extremities, compared to Sydney.And how does Canberra's traffic infrastructure compare to Sydney.

utter rubbish
Sydney is 12385 sq kms in size with 5.2 Million inhabitants
Canberra is 2385 sq kms in size with 410K inhabitants
divide for an inhabitant per sq km

it takes 40 minutes to get to Bruce from the farthest point
lets see
add 12 X that according to you

tell me , where is there any point in Sydney that's 8 hours from anywhere else LOL

Raiderdave

First Grade
I guess completely ignoring their 14579 average in 2016 is how you hope people won't notice the flaw in your argument?

Not to mention Canberra's impressive end to 2016 which is a contributing factor to the upswing in their crowds in the first half of 2017.

were we premiers in 2017 ?
No LOL

Raiderdave

First Grade

I don't hate either just rationally pointing out the flaws ( which are numerous ) in both places : )
you tried to compare Perth to Cronulla buddy

I mean WTF ??
you clearly have NFI about anything

j5o6hn

Juniors
Not sure what a 'locations' internal population has to do with how geographically isolated it is?

Perth is over 2,150km away from another city of over 1 million people, thus according to Bill Bryson makes Perth the most geographically isolated 'major' city in the world.

But continue your rant about how everyone other than Canberra is shit, rather than actually contribute anything that resembles intellectual thought.
So you can fly from Perth anywhere in Australia including Sydney we have 2 AFL teams 1 soccer team Netball team the fly interstate all the time
I have driven Sydney/ Perth & back many times its a lot slower,I believe we have people playing in the QLD cup for various teams, we send kids teams to events in the East during the season we are trying to get it together which given the amount of ignorance sent in the direction by various commenters in here you wonder if its worth it
Maybe we should have taken up the ERL offer

taipan

Referee
utter rubbish

lets see

tell me , where is there any point in Sydney that's 8 hours from anywhere else LOL

Bollocks check the figures.The Sydney areas takes into account national parks .
You infrastructure per population on its area leaves Sydney for dead.

40 minutes from the farthest point wow.
It takes that time t and more to get for Heathcote Shire's edge to Shark Park More so at peak hour.Distance 17.5lkms.
There is no such thing as non peak in Sydney.Ask a taxi driver.
It takes at least 1 hour sometimes much more than that weekday pm,to get from Cronulla to Homebush 28.8kms.
It took me 40 minutes on peak hour to get from Dolls Po0int to Brighton le Sands.

Raiderdave

First Grade
Bollocks check the figures.The Sydney areas takes into account national parks .
You infrastructure per population on its area leaves Sydney for dead.

40 minutes from the farthest point wow.
It takes that time t and more to get for Heathcote Shire's edge to Shark Park More so at peak hour.Distance 17.5lkms.
There is no such thing as non peak in Sydney.Ask a taxi driver.
It takes at least 1 hour sometimes much more than that weekday pm,to get from Cronulla to Homebush 28.8kms.
It took me 40 minutes on peak hour to get from Dolls Po0int to Brighton le Sands.

12 times tho
I'm waiting for that 8 hour trip within Sydney LOL

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
were we premiers in 2017 ?
No LOL
Premierships doesn't automatically mean an upswing in fans attending games.

If anything the promise or hope of one in the coming season would be a bigger drawcard - something many Raiders fans might have seen on the horizon in 2017 after a successful 2016 - making it all the way to the prelim. Quite comfortably explains the positive crowd numbers there last season.

Good deflection though, pretending that not cracking 13k yet after seven home games isn't concerning.

Suitman

Post Whore
Is it at all possible, and I know this is a stretch of a request, that we can cut the dick measuring contest and get back to talking about crowds?
FMD some of you lot need to get a life.

taipan

Referee
utter rubbish

lets see

Bollocks check the figures.Sydneys expanse much bigger due to national parks
40 minutes when from Bruce to the farthest point.We should be so lucky .
Cronulla to Homebush 28,8km.Lucky to do it in 1 hour ,1 hr 1/2 with heavy weekday pm traffic.
Heathcote (Shire )extremity leaving out Waterfall 17.5km. 40 minutes with a decent run.Peak hours who knows.
I have taken 45 minutes getting from Engadine (a couple of kms closer)to Cronulla on many occasions.And that's with a reasonable run.

It took me peak hour on one week day 40 minutes to get from Dolls Point to Brighton le Sands a distance of 4.1km.

You've got it made compared to Sydney transport wise ,to suggest otherwise is crapola.

Get's back to my point the bulk of your attendees are locals , and with a decent transport set up, their crowds should be much bigger.
You have a far, far better chance of getting to your stadium at 6pm Thursday,than Sydney siders on the outskirts do.

And Townsvill is a huge distance away also by road.You're hardly unique

taipan

Referee
12 times tho
I'm waiting for that 8 hour trip within Sydney LOL

No need to wait.8 hour trip(you guys wanted in to the competition), zero to do with the bulk of your attendees are locals in a city population 400.000)where 45min trip is max.Even on weekends the crowds based on population hardly set the world on fire.
Crowds well below expectations.
We have fans coming from Maitland,on weekends.You've got to work on where most of your fans come from and the time factor for those local fans to get there.
One more time, far easier time wise for locals to get to Bruce due to traffic conditions.

Last edited:

Latest posts