What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2018 Crowd Watch

adamkungl

Immortal
Your problem is your consistent view that somehow everyone in the RL community (i.e. even casual fans) must fit into your view of what a fan is.

Casting bullshit labels on people, particularly the millions who'll never read your petty diatribe, isn't instructive and only contributes negativity to the debate.

Solutions on how the casual fan - those ones who'll attend in the right circumstances - can be attracted to attend more footy, are what are needed.

Calling anyone on this forum a "can't be arsed" does nothing. At all. Most if not all people on this forum love their footy and go to games wherever possible.

"Dont call the people who only attend in fair weather 'fairweathers' "

Most of the self-proclaimed diehards only attend when the porridge is juuust right.

Most NRL fans are Goldilocks, fairweathers, cant-be-arsedholes. They certainly don't think of themselves as casual fans though.

Like I said earlier, 30-odd people I talk footy to, about 3 that go to games regularly.

Last edited:

Eion

First Grade

Most of the self-proclaimed diehards only attend when the porridge is juuust right.

Most NRL fans are Goldilocks, fairweathers, cant-be-arsedholes. They certainly don't think of themselves as casual fans though.

Like I said earlier, 30-odd people I talk footy to, about 3 that go to games regularly.
Exactly right. What sort of lunatic goes to every game?

I’ve got 3 kids and am lucky to get to every other home game at the moment, even as a member.

Pommy

Coach

I work for a fairly large company and I only know of me and another Pom who go to NRL games regular.
Then there’s a handful of others who might go to a single game a season if the weather is 25 degrees and there’s no rain showing on the weather radar for the next two weeks.

Valheru

Coach

This is the key difference between Sydney and Melbourne. I probably know around 50 people between personal contacts and qork colleagues who are avid NRL fans. They all watch their team play religiously as well as SOO and a number of other games. They can name players, the big topics, participate in tipping comps etc. But probably 10 at max go to more than 2 games a year.

I know about 20 odd people through work in Melbourne. Every one of them supports an AFL team and probably 15 of them go to 6 or more games a year.

mave

Coach
Manly have had a PM and a Premier as their federal and state members yet somehow have been incapable of getting it upgraded

run by amateurs

Nice dig, but we all know the safe seats basically get sweet fk all from the pollies.

Agreed that we are run and owned by amateurs.

Cumberland Throw

First Grade
This is the key difference between Sydney and Melbourne. I probably know around 50 people between personal contacts and qork colleagues who are avid NRL fans. They all watch their team play religiously as well as SOO and a number of other games. They can name players, the big topics, participate in tipping comps etc. But probably 10 at max go to more than 2 games a year.

I know about 20 odd people through work in Melbourne. Every one of them supports an AFL team and probably 15 of them go to 6 or more games a year.

Yeah my work has 30 odd die hard nrl fans all talk footy all week .. go in tipping comps etc

All go to maybe 1-2 games a year each

About 3 people (all women ) are swans fans, all full members go to 8 + games a year ..

DC_fan

Coach
27 minute wait at Lidcome, this is why no merkin goes to games.

Sometimes it can be quicker to walk from Lidcombe than wait for a train. I did that a few years back when there was a delay on the Olympic Park line.

Pommy

Coach
10,410 tonight for the most popular team in the history of sport if anyone is interested.

Hardly a shock, home fans expecting a loss due to origin, sharks fans don’t travel, public transport packed due to Vivid and to top it off ANZ is a f**king hole.

That is a Sydney/Melbourne thing more so than a RL/AFL thing. Applies more broadly to all spectator sport really.

Latest posts