What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2018 Crowd Watch

NK Arsenal

Juniors
Nathan Ryan has said on Twitter a few hours ago that 25k tickets sold for the Knights game tonight. Hopefully a couple thousand walk up and we can nudge 27k.

Most RL fans (and every RL club in Melbourne) are based in the outer suburbs - 6pm would be a disaster here. (AFL starts 7.50pm Friday and finishes 10.30pm).

Only places 6pm on a Friday might work

Newcastle
Brisbane (unlikely it’ll happen, but hey)
Roosters
Maybe Wollongong?
Auckland

Anywhere else?

Perth Red

Post Whore
It’d be better for atmosphere though. Seems like it won’t be happening if it doesn’t show on the seat map.

No def not sadly. They are using them for the Chelsea v glory game. The bottom row on this diagram are the drop ins. Seems stupid not to have used them for the NRL game.be there is a reason.
optus.jpg

Perth Red

Post Whore
2 days before the game in Perth and they have just opened bays on the top tier for $20 general admission, right along the sideline and from what people have told me is a great view right on top of the field. Doesn't bother me as we are on the halfway on level 1 but jeez i'd be pissed if I was one of those people who gave up waiting for better seats and paid $50 to sit behind the posts.

Yeh noticed they had opened GA in 514-520. Damn I would have gone them instead of $55 in the corner! Stupid stadium/ticketmaster/NRL whoever is responsible! I guess they wanted to fill the lower bowls as much as possible which will look better and create a better atmosphere. Might move up there for the second game to get a different view!

Warriors Fever

Juniors
Crowd was just shy of the local derby at kogorah last year I’m pretty sure. Anyway for a Thursday out of town team it was a great crowd, higher than all the realistic predictions.
I think it’s stupid to expect a full house at a ground that hasnt seen one in years, against a team from out of state on a Thursday night is pretty ignorant.
Only places 6pm on a Friday might work

Newcastle
Brisbane (unlikely it’ll happen, but hey)
Roosters
Maybe Wollongong?
Auckland

Anywhere else?
canberra drew a great crowd against the sea gulls last year at this time slot

Hoofhearted

Juniors
No def not sadly. They are using them for the Chelsea v glory game. The bottom row on this diagram are the drop ins. Seems stupid not to have used them for the NRL game.be there is a reason.
View attachment 18140

They are definitely being used, I remember they got added in just after we bought tickets a couple of months ago. All tickets here sold out in just over a week. When the seat selector function was available on Ticketmaster it showed it a lot clearer, on this diagram it only shows some rings around the field perimeter.
84437s.gif

King hit

Coach
I just love Newcastle's passion for Rugby League. Awesome crowd and atmosphere. Would be close to a packed house. Apparently the mayor gave everyone the afternoon off.

Billythekid

First Grade
Fantastic crowd in Newcastle. 23.5K against an out of town team after 3 straight wooden spoons. The real pride of the league right there not the bandwagon bunnies.

Edit: OK crowd in NQ. I'm assuming weather played a role there.

Stallion

First Grade
It won't
An opening round with an old rival, in good conditions, with a much stronger squad will be the main factors

6pm Friday is a dog of a time for most people
Everywhere

I spoke to a guy and his misses right next to me on the hill. They had a 3 , 5 &15 year old and would not have been at the ground had it been on from 7pm onwards. The time is a very significant factor for young families attending. Later is no chance. Earlier is a likely chance !

Latest posts