What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2018 Crowd Watch

Stallion

First Grade
It won't
An opening round with an old rival, in good conditions, with a much stronger squad will be the main factors

6pm Friday is a dog of a time for most people
Everywhere

Lol. So its possible not impossible. My stance is that Friday 6pm is far better than other weeknights like Thursday or Monday. If the comp has to have another weeknight timeslot that 6pm Friday is the best one outside of Friday 7.30/8pm. The other week nights are less attractive for most fans. Not saying Friday 6pm is ideal but its better than Monday or Thursday!

Last edited:

wests1

Juniors
What were pre sales like in Townsville? Clearly climatic factors were at play, but to get over 15k for the game is an immense effort.
Great start to the season crowd wise. Could we have a positive opening round? There seems to be a lot of good will around at the moment despite our haters best effort to dig up years old/months old issues to block the season opening.

ReddFelon

Juniors
Weather issues aside, crowds have been pretty solid so far. Looking forward to the double header tomorrow. Worried about the Titans/Raiders game.

Stallion

First Grade
Weather issues aside, crowds have been pretty solid so far. Looking forward to the double header tomorrow. Worried about the Titans/Raiders game.

The West Tigers v Roosters will be a good insight into whether the lowering of adult ticket prices to $20 & $40 family tickets with cheaper $3 pies etc will attract a decent crowd. Think it will. Btw I attended the
Knights game tonight and their were plenty of empty seats and spaces on the hill. Would suggest this club lower it's grandstand ticket prices . $39 is not a fair price for grandstand seating. Should be mid $25 or $30 at max. If they lowered such ticket prices they would probably host near full or full houses with benefits grom that as a flow on in various ways.

axl rose

Bench
Knights game tonight and their were plenty of empty seats and spaces on the hill. Would suggest this club lower it's grandstand ticket prices . $39 is not a fair price for grandstand seating. Should be mid $25 or $30 at max. If they lowered such ticket prices they would probably host near full or full houses with benefits grom that as a flow on in various ways.

Fair point but i think it had more to do with the bad timeslot.

Raiderdave

First Grade
I spoke to a guy and his misses right next to me on the hill. They had a 3 , 5 &15 year old and would not have been at the ground had it been on from 7pm onwards. The time is a very significant factor for young families attending. Later is no chance. Earlier is a likely chance !

people were still struggling to make the timeslot in a moderate sized city like newcastle
its not convenient for most people
kids can go to weekend games

Stallion

First Grade
people were still struggling to make the timeslot in a moderate sized city like newcastle
its not convenient for most people
kids can go to weekend games

Like I have stated b4, if their is to be a weeknight game, think its better to have 6pm Friday rather than any other weekday. That's it. It's the best option out the weekday time slot scenarios.

Pommy

Coach
Like I have stated b4, if their is to be a weeknight game, think its better to have 6pm Friday rather than any other weekday. That's it. It's the best option out the weekday time slot scenarios.

Not in Sydney it’s not. Try finishing work getting the kids ready and getting to Homebush by 6pm on a Friday.

OldPanther

Coach

Thursday 7:30pm I could get to the game easier than Fri 6pm and I have a family.