What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2018 Crowd Watch

Timbo

Staff member
We really need common sense on matches like this. It’d still look shit at Belmore but it’s look significantly less shit than this.

Jizmos

Juniors
Did they just announce 6k? Jesus.

Not sure but camera side is even sparser than side facing camera....either 4k have been in the toilet/bar the entire game or they've damn near tripled the number in attendance.

Could multiply those seated fans by forty and still have seats to spare imo

beave

Coach
6.5k eh?

1FF0695A-3890-4F94-932A-48F82AB268DC_zpss3w0embp.jpg

carcharias

Immortal
We really need common sense on matches like this. It’d still look shit at Belmore but it’s look significantly less shit than this.

I have a mate who is a dogs fan.
He caught public transport out to ANZ about a month ago from Sutherland.
He reckons he will never go again.
Worst all round footy experience he has had.
Took forever to get home.
Freezing cold
It was like a funeral out there.
He said it was like he was watching an under 18’s game the crowd was so small.

And that was a Saturday night!

Why they continue to play there is bizarre.
Nobody goes because nobody likes it there.

Perth Red

Post Whore
If all the clubs currently using anz don’t move to either the new allianz or WSS when finished then the fans should riot! Problem is we’ve now given clubs $3mill free money with no expectations of performance so once again the motivation to sort this sht out won’t be there.

Timbo

Staff member
ANZ for club games should be at the discretion of the league once the new SFS and WSS are built and current club contracts with ANZ expire.

If three weeks from a game a club can reasonably expect more than 30k to show up to a game, they should be able to apply to the league for a switch. That gives enough time to work out the logistics of it. Otherwise matches to be played at the SFS, WSS or suburban grounds.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Freezing cold

When games are well scheduled and there's 20k+ there it's a pretty good event, but there are an increasing number of low-drawing games being played there which make it look awful.

Warriors Fever

Juniors
Freezing cold

I can second that despite having a station, the trains left too infrequently and only go to lidcombde then you have to change. I went to a Thursday game last year and dead set got home at 11:30 and that’s despite living in the inner west. They need to put more trains on to central. I wish we never got into Thursday nights

Brutus

Referee
Souths play Melbourne tonight and there hasn't been much promotion for it.

If my memory serves me correctly, Souths got 33k for an ANZ club game against Melbourne about 5 years ago?

I think they played them in a home final match later that year or the following year and got less.

Pommy

Coach
When games are well scheduled and there's 20k+ there it's a pretty good event, but there are an increasing number of low-drawing games being played there which make it look awful.

Honestly I disagree totally with that. It needs much more than 20k to get a good atmosphere in there.
I can’t remember what we pulled on Good Friday but I’m sure it was over 20k, it’s still a shit place to watch a game.

carcharias

Immortal
Honestly I disagree totally with that. It needs much more than 20k to get a good atmosphere in there.
I can’t remember what we pulled on Good Friday but I’m sure it was over 20k, it’s still a shit place to watch a game.
Yep
20k in ANZ is the equivalent of about 5k in a suburban ground.
It’s just way too big for normal club games.

SLRBRONCOS

Referee
Souths play Melbourne tonight and there hasn't been much promotion for it.

If my memory serves me correctly, Souths got 33k for an ANZ club game against Melbourne about 5 years ago?

I think they played them in a home final match later that year or the following year and got less.
I remember this. Was awesome.

I think both teams had started the year four wins in a row and this would settle number one on the ladder. Was a Saturday night I think.