What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2018 Crowd Watch

Perth Red

Post Whore
Where’s the Souths bandwagoners of 2013/14 gone? They’ll be glad they got the DH boost from Perth and good start this year or the league leaders would have a very avg avg. probably the lowest since Cronulla.
they got two great first up home crowds but have dropped away badly to around a 14k avg since despite the successful season. Weird.

Showtime

Juniors
I'm surprised more hasn't been made about the Broncs v Dogs only drawing 6434 and then the Rabbits v Storm only drawing 15,132.

To think I've been trolling union fans about their trash dying sport and they still managed 9673 fans at Leichhardt for a Wallabies internal trial match.

I'm not saying cut the competition to 12 teams like Joey Johns suggested but tough decisions need to be made around merging or relocating teams. I'm sure the NRL will just accept 6434 crowd and carry on pretending like they run a professional organisation.

Nice work to the Knights fans showing up to a game between 2 sides not in the top 8.

Perth Red

Post Whore
I'm surprised more hasn't been made about the Broncs v Dogs only drawing 6434 and then the Rabbits v Storm only drawing 15,132.

To think I've been trolling union fans about their trash dying sport and they still managed 9673 fans at Leichhardt for a Wallabies internal trial match.

I'm not saying cut the competition to 12 teams like Joey Johns suggested but tough decisions need to be made around merging or relocating teams. I'm sure the NRL will just accept 6434 crowd and carry on pretending like they run a professional organisation.

Nice work to the Knights fans showing up to a game between 2 sides not in the top 8.

But but but it was at anz, bulldogs are playing crap, it was a night ending in Y, it’s too expensive, you have to change trains, food and beer is a rip off, it was against an out of town team, and so it goes on.......

Raiderdave

First Grade

ssssssshhhhh
you can't say that , they'll be folded arms , feet stamping & hissy fits galore
rivers in Egypt will flood this place

carcharias

Immortal
Aww did I touch a nerve? Not your fault sharks have the lowest crowd avg for a premiership winning season in modern times lol.
Ha
Like I give a f**k.
I have a team
We have won a comp
We have broken our previous membership record again
We are in the top 8
We have a future
&
I’ll be out there tomorrow cheering on the Sharks
12k I reckon.

Ya self?

Raiderdave

First Grade
A disappointing crowd in a stadium no one wants to go to.
if you're a true supporter , not a pretend one , in clutch season defining games like last night
it shouldn't matter that you don't particularly like to go to the venue , you're there for your team
to show support , not for your own self serving list of conditions to get you off your ass

it is not a legitimate excuse to not go to an important game like last nights

Thursday
a different kettle of fish somewhat , but that was still A league Level support anyway you look at it

Perth Red

Post Whore
Ha
Like I give a f**k.
I have a team
We have won a comp
We have broken our previous membership record again
We are in the top 8
We have a future
&
I’ll be out there tomorrow cheering on the Sharks
12k I reckon.

Ya self?

Flying home from Toronto, 12k how very below avg.

carcharias

Immortal
Which, IMO, is the reason it should have been bulldozed to the ground and rebuilt. Either have a stadium people want to go to, or no stadium at all
Yep
The thing was built for a sports event that people from all over the world compete in.
People from from all over the world attend this one off event.
Anyone thinking a rugby league game in the dead of winter should be played there is a complete f**king idiot.

Springs09

Juniors

It's not the teams, it's the stadiums, times, prices, media etc.

A 15th placed South Sydney Bulldogs playing at ANZ on Thursday night wouldn't suddenly attract 20k if all the conditions were still the same.

mongoose

Coach
I can't believe anybody expects a decent crowd on a Thurs night, at ANZ for 15th place team vs out of town team. Did anybody really expect 15k or even 12k? the trend over several years for this scenario is sub 10k, but every single year a bunch of people act all shocked and start making dramatic suggestions.

Chook Norris

First Grade
I can't believe anybody expects a decent crowd on a Thurs night, at ANZ for 15th place team vs out of town team. Did anybody really expect 15k or even 12k? the trend over several years for this scenario is sub 10k, but every single year a bunch of people act all shocked and start making dramatic suggestions.

Whilst I agree with you and think that NRL fans have very little foresight or capacity for analysis, I think it's more to do with the fact that we want to be seen as a professional sporting organisation; not an amateur one.

Past crowds should not be equated to the expected future crowd. If that was how organisations were run then there would never be any growth, just stagnation. So we do need to lift standards and expectations if we want to improve.

Brutus

Referee
Can @NRL have a marketing crack this week..

Need 40k to next Friday night

I fully agree. They have to go all out. Souths v Roosters has gone close to 60k before at ANZ, admittedly with the minor premiership on the line, but 40k is achievable. Hopefully Inglis is back and they ramp up the Latrell v Inglis angle.

Latest posts