What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2018 Crowd Watch

emesssea

Juniors
This is actually one of the things bringing in a WA team would help fix. The two hour time difference would mean you could have a game on the east coast at 7 and a game on the west coast also at 7 (locally) keeping the two games for Friday's but spreading the time around. Similarly they should already be making use of New Zealand to fill the first Friday slot, making it a 5:45 game but 7:45 locally.

But why would Fox Sports Australia want to fill that spot with a team whose fans base won't be watching on Fox Sports Australia? Not to mention if they want to maximize the amount of fans who would stay put instead of switching to ch 9 it makes sense to have 2 Australians times more times than not.

ReddFelon

Juniors
But why would Fox Sports Australia want to fill that spot with a team whose fans base won't be watching on Fox Sports Australia? Not to mention if they want to maximize the amount of fans who would stay put instead of switching to ch 9 it makes sense to have 2 Australians times more times than not.

Correct me if I'm wrong but unless the warriors recently started playing the Wellington Orcas the away team would still be an Australian team. By that logic we should never televised any Warriors game because half the viewers are in NZ.

emesssea

Juniors
Correct me if I'm wrong but unless the warriors recently started playing the Wellington Orcas the away team would still be an Australian team. By that logic we should never televised any Warriors game because half the viewers are in NZ.

But if the point of the 6 pm game is keeping people on Fox for the next game instead of watching Ch9 then it makes sense to have both teams being from Australia, so two sets of fan bases are staying put on Fox.

ReddFelon

Juniors
But if the point of the 6 pm game is keeping people on Fox for the next game instead of watching Ch9 then it makes sense to have both teams being from Australia, so two sets of fan bases are staying put on Fox.

They play the same Friday line up on Sky Sports in NZ again by this logic no one in NZ is watching any games if the warriors aren't playing. I doubt there's any concrete data to suggest the audience numbers change dramatically based on which teams occupy Friday any more than other factors like form. Not to mention plenty of Warriors fans live in Australia anyway.

Warriors Fever

Juniors
They play the same Friday line up on Sky Sports in NZ again by this logic no one in NZ is watching any games if the warriors aren't playing. I doubt there's any concrete data to suggest the audience numbers change dramatically based on which teams occupy Friday any more than other factors like form. Not to mention plenty of Warriors fans live in Australia anyway.
Not to mention half the super rugby viewers are probably kiwis in this country

Stallion

First Grade
Good crowd building at Penrith. Not as many as what ABC Radio commentators were alluding to. But ok.

Last edited:

Raiderdave

First Grade
pretty reasonable crowd in ol Penrith town for arguably the lowest drawing opponent in the league

people have been saying crowds have been good in Canberra & they have
Penrith are pulling their weight too

Perth Red

Post Whore

If your a fox subscriber you aren’t watching the 7:30 game on Ch9! It makes no sense to suggest fox subscribers need a 6pm game to encourage them to watch the 7:30 game on fox rather than nine. Thats why you’ve paid for Fox!

Remember when people whinged about not getting every game live and the Friday second game being on delay? Be careful what you wish for!

emesssea

Juniors

I would say in every TV network in every country they have a team of analyst whose entire job is to comply data to figure out what the audience wants to watch. Hence why certain teams are favored on CH9 over other teams, and why Fox in Australia doesnt have the 6pm slot reserved for Warriors home games. And yes I would say in NZ the Warriors games are probably the highest rated in any given round, shocking fact if true I know.

The point is it doesnt really benefit Fox to have Warriors at 6 pm, because Warriors fans arent watching on Fox and they arent going to watch the next match on CH9.

unforgiven

Bench
If your a fox subscriber you aren’t watching the 7:30 game on Ch9! It makes no sense to suggest fox subscribers need a 6pm game to encourage them to watch the 7:30 game on fox rather than nine. Thats why you’ve paid for Fox!

Remember when people whinged about not getting every game live and the Friday second game being on delay? Be careful what you wish for!

The 6pm game is 100% about getting and maintaining viewers for the 7.30 simulcast game. It is their lead in and television lead ins are vital in the industry. Once people are watching that 6pm, even just the last 20 mins of it they are unlikely to switch to ch 9 for the 2nd game. Many people would choose to watch the Friday ch9 game on 9 because that is what they have always done.

Foxtel are trying to break the habit of people watching Friday night footy on 9

DC_fan

Coach
The 6pm game is 100% about getting and maintaining viewers for the 7.30 simulcast game. It is their lead in and television lead ins are vital in the industry. Once people are watching that 6pm, even just the last 20 mins of it they are unlikely to switch to ch 9 for the 2nd game. Many people would choose to watch the Friday ch9 game on 9 because that is what they have always done.

Foxtel are trying to break the habit of people watching Friday night footy on 9

Top notch explanation