What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2018 Finals Scheduling

sempmrh

Juniors
Thats interesting
I didn't received an email about this as a member? Isn't there still a chance we can drop out of the top 2 and then not have a week 1 final?

also thats good if it is Saturday, means the NRL hasn't completely lost their mind and scheduled against the AFL on Friday

It's in the weekly match preview e-mail.

Even if we lose this week our for and against keeps us pretty safe from dropping below second (and could even stay in first). There's currently 75 points between us and Souths (third) and 95 between us and Cronulla (fourth).

Valheru

Coach
It's in the weekly match preview e-mail.

Even if we lose this week our for and against keeps us pretty safe from dropping below second (and could even stay in first). There's currently 75 points between us and Souths (third) and 95 between us and Cronulla (fourth).

Yeah no way Storm drop out of top 2 and their week 1 semi as to be played on Saturday. Sunday would be ok I suppose if they wanted to.

Looking at the AFL draw, all 3 Friday nights during finals will feature a game at the MCG so Storm 2nd home game would also be Saturday you would think. Having said that, one of the weekends will feature both AFL games at the MCG so they may have to compete against that at some point.

greenBV4

Bench
Looking at the AFL draw, all 3 Friday nights during finals will feature a game at the MCG so Storm 2nd home game would also be Saturday you would think. Having said that, one of the weekends will feature both AFL games at the MCG so they may have to compete against that at some point.
If it were possible for a storm final to be scheduled directly after a day final at the MCG(if there is one), the crowd would actually be boosted, some of our best crowds (ANZAC day for example) have a large number of people doing a "double header"

Valheru

Coach
Well one piece of the puzzle looks to be in place. Unless storm lose by 35 AND the roosters lose, souths will be in the 2v3 fixture against one of roosters, sharks or storm.

big hit!

Bench
Well one piece of the puzzle looks to be in place. Unless storm lose by 35 AND the roosters lose, souths will be in the 2v3 fixture against one of roosters, sharks or storm.

I'm hoping Roosters get 2nd. Easts vs Souths @SFS......f**king grand! That should be a 44k capacity sell out, and if it's not then rugby league in Sydney is f**king lost. These 2 clubs alone should be able to have enough of their supporters to fill the joint. I'll be there.

Valheru

Coach
I'm hoping Roosters get 2nd. Easts vs Souths @SFS......f**king grand! That should be a 44k capacity sell out, and if it's not then rugby league in Sydney is f**king lost. These 2 clubs alone should be able to have enough of their supporters to fill the joint. I'll be there.

Yep agreed

44k is very hard to get at the SFS though, you need all stadium members, corporates etc. to turn up although the wallabies managed it against Ireland earlier this year.

Either way, anything short of 38k plus would be a failure.

Anyways, roosters need to win and so do storm for us to start worrying about that.

yobbo84

Coach
Are we sure the game will be at ANZ if Souths finish 2nd? Isn't it "home city" now for week 1 and the NRL decide on the venue?

Valheru

Coach
Are we sure the game will be at ANZ if Souths finish 2nd? Isn't it "home city" now for week 1 and the NRL decide on the venue?

My understanding is that if souths finish 2nd they get to choose between ANZ and SFS. I can't see them not choosing ANZ.

The NRL only steps in if the chosen venue is deemed too small for the expected crowd which ANZ obviously never would be.

What will be interesting is if dragons do beat Newcastle and host week 1. I think Wollongong is listed as suitable for week 1 finals but I could see the NRL deeming the venue unacceptable if they play the warriors for example.

Russell Coight

Juniors
Because the NRL are mongs, but it would require both Warriors and Brisbane losing this week so it's extremely unlikely that scenario will happen