What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2018 GF | PREMIERS - Roosters 21-6 Storm @ ANZ

Grand Final: Storm v Roosters

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
So if fans don't like him they're not allowed to boo. Had he had been suspended & miss the GF (like he should have been) I doubt the booing happens, but then again he is Billy & the rules don't apply. Are QLD'ers & some NRL fans really that precious?

Fact is for many people, Slater isn't liked. Yes he can be affable and friendly, but people look at thing like his preferential treatment by the Judiciary (last week as an example) and the Match Review Committee (remember the kung-fu kicks when catching bombs), and then his carry on when on the field (look at how he carried on during the review of the Keary field goal). Along with Cameron Smith, Slater comes across as win at all costs, and if that means pushing the boundaries of what many would consider sportsmanship, he does it.

Fallout of that though is you will not be well liked amongst opposition supporters and quite a few of the neutrals as well.

Valheru

Coach
Cronk was in no way "just making the numbers up" he was in the right place for every play, and coached them through every step from behind

anyone else notice he didn't really look happy though? It could just be his injury, but I think he was pretty conflicted beating his old team.
When he retires he will be remembered as a storm great, not a roosters great, and I doubt he'll be getting a Roosters tat under his Storm one

Of course he will be remembered as a storm great and i am sure he will always support them in retirement.

He delivered us a premiership though so no roosters fan is going to give a shit where his heart lies.

TheFrog

Coach
This band will be forgotten before next years GF. Compared to the AFL pre-show,that was embarrassing.
I thought they were pretty good (and I'm older than Gong by the way). Didn't watch the fumbleball counterpart. Never understood why we need a music act at the GF, but bigger heads than me think we do, so there you go.

I'm in my late 40s, and whilst I'd never heard them play before, I thought Gang of Youths was pretty good. Fact is if we want new supporters to come to the game, you can't just keep getting musicians all the time who were popular when I was in my teens and early 20s.

On an unrelated note, Fox Sports have confirmed that Blake Ferguson played the last 30 minutes of the Grand Final with a broken fibula. Ferguson is at the Roosters Fan Day on crutches with his left leg in a massive moon boot.

GongPanther

Referee
I thought they were pretty good (and I'm older than Gong by the way). Didn't watch the fumbleball counterpart. Never understood why we need a music act at the GF, but bigger heads than me think we do, so there you go.
My point is that the AFL spends money to attract acts that befit the occasion. The NRL spit out something that resembles something from Australia's Got Talent. The fans should demand better.

TheFrog

Coach
My point is that the AFL spends money to attract acts that befit the occasion. The NRL spit out something that resembles something from Australia's Got Talent. The fans should demand better.
But why a rock band every single year? Why not a circus act or scantily clad dancing girls or motorbikes jumping through rings of fire? Or an under 8's Grand Final? A bit of imagination wouldn't go astray.

greenBV4

Bench
we had Macklemore last year who is a pretty big act, and people complained that it should of been a local act, now we had a local act and people complain it should of been someone bigger

Mr Spock!

Referee
we had Macklemore last year who is a pretty big act, and people complained that it should of been a local act, now we had a local act and people complain it should of been someone bigger
Maybe a big local act instead of a garage band.

JJ

Immortal
But why a rock band every single year? Why not a circus act or scantily clad dancing girls or motorbikes jumping through rings of fire? Or an under 8's Grand Final? A bit of imagination wouldn't go astray.

A magic show - the NRL judiciary could be part of it

Latest posts