What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2018 Trials

mxlegend99

Referee
There has to be a reason why these guys keep getting overlooked. What that reason is I have no idea
In our case Gus refuses to give anyone a chance. He tells everyone they're NRL quality. But because they arent experienced hes not willing to give them a chance.

Poor Brennan could have had a shot with us at a healthy club he helped rebuild. Players he knows and loves. Who love him. Pretty much the ideal situation for him to get experience.

franklin2323

Immortal
If he has done his job properly and transformed the club and got systems in place, his job should no longer be required.

Let's say a rough figure $5m a year is a huge slab to spend on juniors. I just hope when the time comes that the replacement doesn't blow up the good things we have in place

Frankus

Juniors
Let's say a rough figure $5m a year is a huge slab to spend on juniors. I just hope when the time comes that the replacement doesn't blow up the good things we have in place
The position would effectively be redundant. So there would be no replacement.

Worst case you replace Gus with 2 people, junior football executive and professional club level advisor. Even if the average of the two positions was 200k, that would be a fraction of what Gus is earning.

franklin2323

Immortal
The position would effectively be redundant. So there would be no replacement.

Worst case you replace Gus with 2 people, junior football executive and professional club level advisor. Even if the average of the two positions was 200k, that would be a fraction of what Gus is earning.

This is a good point

Frankus

Juniors
In our case Gus refuses to give anyone a chance. He tells everyone they're NRL quality. But because they arent experienced hes not willing to give them a chance.

Poor Brennan could have had a shot with us at a healthy club he helped rebuild. Players he knows and loves. Who love him. Pretty much the ideal situation for him to get experience.
Let’s see how the Titans fair this season before proclaiming him the Messiah.

Panthers fans are notorious for talking up the talent in the club only for them to turn out to be complete duds.

franklin2323

Immortal

Panthers fans are notorious for talking up the talent in the club only for them to turn out to be complete duds.

I made this very point yesterday we have a team for of superstars in fans minds when in reality it is different. The end of next season should tell us all we need to know about Brennan's talents

OldPanther

Coach

Titans will have a bad year regardless of the coach.

Frankus

Juniors
I made this very point yesterday we have a team for of superstars in fans minds when in reality it is different. The end of next season should tell us all we need to know about Brennan's talents
I still remember on the old Panther forum people talking up Junior Moors like he was going to be a better version of T Puletua on PEDs. He was barely in Frank Puletua’s league.

franklin2323

Immortal
I still remember on the old Panther forum people talking up Junior Moors like he was going to be a better version of T Puletua on PEDs. He was barely in Frank Puletua’s league.

Ahh yes. I remember pages and pages of whinging when he left. Turns out it was a decent enough call

OldPanther

Coach
Now now, don’t write them off or make excuses for Brennan.

They genuinely have the cattle to finish top 8 if they perform.

They're in the first year of a rebuild with a new coach and roster. If that's ok for us to take time to become a top team it should be ok for the Titans.

TheFrog

Coach
He was barely in Frank Puletua’s league.
He was nowhere near in Frank's league. Frank didn't miss a game in three seasons and was the best tackler in the club. Had an offload too but it seems he was not allowed to use it. Lacked a bit of size but not ticker.

Moors looked like Tarzan, played like Jane.

TheFrog

Coach
He's a first grade head coach in the NRL. Not too shabby an outcome for him. He now has the opportunity to become a Bennett or a Bellamy if he's good enough. For us, well if he turns out that good we'll have a long time to regret allowing him to leave. Still, the club made its choice, and a ball has not been kicked in anger since, so any speculation would appear premature.

mxlegend99

Referee
Titans have an average roster. No depth and are a basket case off the field.

Its going to be an extremely tough job IMO. With us he would have had it much easier.

TheFrog

Coach
The Walker bros would suit our club’s natural attacking style.
If the attack could be sharpened up without losing the qualities that gave us what success we did have last year, ie superior endurance and fitness and outstanding second half defence, I'd be all for bringing them in as assistants. Not sure they'd go for that though, and this is something you do in October, not March.

Latest posts