What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2018 Trials

OldPanther

Coach
Did anyone saying its only a trial watch it? I don't give a f**k about the score but we looked awful and didn't look to be working on anything

Pretty much. It's one thing to be out enthused by some punks trying to make first grade and another to sleep walk through a game.

GongPanther

Referee
Did anyone saying its only a trial watch it? I don't give a f**k about the score but we looked awful and didn't look to be working on anything
There were a few players playing for the first time this year. Coupled with the very hot & humid conditions,it did seem that the Dogs did manage the conditions better. But for the times that we had the ball,it was either a stupid knock on from dummy half,or some other ridiculous schoolboy error.

Two other times we were over their line with no result.Anyway,just a trial.

GongPanther

Referee
That sort of performance and scoreline vs a b team will turn away any potential members.. letting players go... shit coach, shit trials, great advertisement for the club.
And if we win a good number of games early on,they'll come flooding back.

mxlegend99

Referee
There were a few players playing for the first time this year. Coupled with the very hot & humid conditions,it did seem that the Dogs did manage the conditions better. But for the times that we had the ball,it was either a stupid knock on from dummy half,or some other ridiculous schoolboy error.

Two other times we were over their line with no result.Anyway,just a trial.
This was the equivalent to Australia losing to a minnow side.

No matter what excuses you make. Its unacceptable and f**king pathetic.

We had 3 Australian reps in our team. They had 2 POTENTIAL NRL players.

mxlegend99

Referee
The starting 13 playing the 1st half was good.
As was no injuries
Surely Peachey and Mansour can't play that bad again another good thing.
RCG, Kikau and Merrin were good... The rest not so
Players sucking is a good thing now?

Ever the good players weren't that good. Considering the opposition no one stood out.

Except Maloney when he was a turnstile.

franklin2323

Immortal
FWIW, I think we got caught out on Wednesday. We named a full strength team on Tuesday only to find out Bulldogs apparently couldn't give a shit about a full strength trial when they named their team on Wednesday.

From that point, the club may have thought that here was little to be gained from the trial other than no injuries.

Just a theory, I haven't seen any footage so not going to argue this is definitely what happened. It may be that we just as shit as MX has said (repeatedly :wink:)

We seemed more interested in getting gametime into players and not getting injured than playing footy.

1st 20 was good. Then we fell away but the pack played 40 so somewhat explains it. No doubt if we used the bench as normal we don't make as many errors. Mansour/Peachey side was terrible in both sides. No injuries atleast

franklin2323

Immortal
I forgot the best part... The losers I have ignored going off their head over a trial. Last I looked everyone is still on 0 points

franklin2323

Immortal
Would you rather they suck in a trial or in a comp game MX? Scrap that. Always comp game so you can whinge more.

Me I want them to win so get the shitness out of the way.

I thought their number 3 was good and the dude with Headgear. The guy that looked like Idris was pretty good in defence