What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2019 ASHES: 4th Test Australia v England, Old Trafford Sept 4-9

Credit to selectors on Labooshya. The guy came from nowhere. Should have been like Steve Smith batting at 8 and bowling a few leggies to feel useful.

They've had him in the top 4 and he is digging in. Looks good.

Huh?

They were picking Wade, Bancroft, Khawaja, and Head ahead of him. Had Smith not gone down injured who knows if he even gets a run.

VictoryFC

Bench
Is nine taking the piss here. I know its salty but I actually changed the station and am just following updates on reddit until play starts again. I might be able to appreciate the innings in 20 years but not right now.

Agreed. Aside from it being a stupid thing to put on, I've actually switched off the TV until play restarts. Bizarre to actively want to lose viewers.

VictoryFC

Bench
Looks like plenty of rain in Manchester over the next 3 days. Would be horrible for another washout draw and then England having the chance to win the series in the last test. Having won the toss, this was our chance to finish what we should have done at Edgebaston. Slightly concerned about going into last test at 1-1.

VictoryFC

Bench
On the upside, we are going to hammer this lot in the next Ashes whatever happens here. Predicting a Pidge 5-0. Anderson just about done, Broady on the way out, our pace attack at the right age to dominate at least the next two series. If we can just find another consistent batter, we'll be laughing.

I never saw the last hour, until now...

Heard all about it of course...

The run out... didn’t look as simple for Lyon as all described I thought. Should have taken it no doubt, but it’s come in at that awkward height of deciding to take fingers down or up..

The lbw.... oh geezus...
P-Lummmmmbbbbbbbbbbbb... if Joel Wilson gets another test gig after that, the universe will collapse on itself..

undertaker

Coach
Looks like plenty of rain in Manchester over the next 3 days. Would be horrible for another washout draw and then England having the chance to win the series in the last test. Having won the toss, this was our chance to finish what we should have done at Edgebaston. Slightly concerned about going into last test at 1-1.

Weather forecast for this test match:

https://www.metoffice.gov.uk/weather/forecast/gcw2hzs1u#?date=2019-09-04

Serves the ECB right for scheduling test matches in September, especially in the north of England. Also, with the earlier sunsets - especially next week at The Oval when it will be around 7:15pm in London - match officials will not be able to extend play until 7:30pm, like they did at Lord's when making up for lost time due to rain. Bad light could be an issue around 6:30-45pm.