What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2019 coach

franklin2323

Immortal
If he continues being able to get the players invested and performing at a high level we can achieve it easily and he's more inclined to work as a part of the organisation as a team member. I have confidence it can be a top 4 finish but can see it going the other way with injuries etc.

working with plodders is much better for that. They seem to be able to stay consistent our guys seem to fade in and out. Struggle to concentrate for long periods so it is a challenge. It is why guys like Flanno only use older players

franklin2323

Immortal
At the time he was sacked we were 5th only on for and against (ie level with 4th in wins) having won the last 2 and with two also-rans next to play. As it turned out we would have had to win all of the last 4 games to make the top 4 but that wasn't known then. I don't think they sacked him on performance. I think they sacked him because his relationship with Gus had become completely war-like and Ciraldo being caught in the middle was wanting out. Griffin may well have felt he was now safe for the season, and expected to go at the end of the year anyway so felt no need to make any further effort to get along with the boss. It was the only way Gus could punish Hook, by denying him the opportunity to contest the finals. That is what I believe happened. Ivan Cleary was just a smokescreen.

That is my take on it too. One day the full story will come out I guess

betcats

Referee
McClennan is one of the worst NRL coaches there ever was.

So? I'm not the one who said anyone could coach them to a grand final.

Its pretty obvious from the results after and before Ivan was at the warriors that they cannot just be coached by anyone, I'd say they are one of the hardest if not the hardest team to get consistent good performances out of no matter how much talent they have.

Last edited:

billypilgrimnz

First Grade
So? I'm not the one who said anyone could coach them to a grand final.

Its pretty obvious from the results after and before Ivan was at the warriors that they cannot just be coached by anyone, I'd say they are one of the hardest if not the hardest team to get consistent good performances out of no matter how much talent they have.

Neither did I, you absolute mong. Please dont invent opinions for me because they are easier to attack. It’s pretty f**king simple.

betcats

Referee
Neither did I, you absolute mong. Please dont invent opinions for me because they are easier to attack. It’s pretty f**king simple.

Hahaha don't make ridiculous statements trying to talk down someone's achievements. Have whatever opinion you like and so will I.

betcats

Referee
Piss off, dickhead. You invented that statement for me. If you want to argue, fine, that is what a forum is for. But don't make shit up. Pretty simple really.

Im sorry but this is a ridiculous statement:

Mate of mine who is a huge Warriors fan was never a fan of Cleary and thought that his sole attacking plan was to bomb it to Manu. He reckons the Warriors around that time were talented enough to go far no matter who the coach was.

This is a huge step sideways in my opinion. Cleary will achieve about as much or as little (depending on your perspective) as Griffin did.

What a stupid thing to say since they are a club that are well known to be coach killers and it took me 5 seconds to confirm via google that they finished in the bottom four they year after being in a GF with Ivan, its dumb as f**k.

PANTHERMIKE

Juniors

What a stupid thing to say since they are a club that are well known to be coach killers and it took me 5 seconds to confirm via google that they finished in the bottom four they year after being in a GF with Ivan, its dumb as f**k.

They won only 8 games and lost 8 in a row. - And didn't make the finals again till this year... :rolleyes:

billypilgrimnz

First Grade

Yes, so it wasn't me who said it, right? And McClennan is still one of the worst NRL coaches of all time.

And they also came 14th under Cleary, no?

betcats

Referee
Yes, so it wasn't me who said it, right? And McClennan is still one of the worst NRL coaches of all time.

And they also came 14th under Cleary, no?

Is that not your comment that I quoted? Lol dickhead. You told that little story to discredit Ivan, if you weren't so keen to do that you would've realised the stupidity of it yourself no doubt.

If they finished 14th under Ivan it was either the year Sonny Fai died or his first year there. Certainly not the year after going to a GF.

billypilgrimnz

First Grade
Is that not your comment that I quoted? Lol dickhead. You told that little story to discredit Ivan, if you weren't so keen to do that you would've realised the stupidity of it yourself no doubt.

If they finished 14th under Ivan it was either the year Sonny Fai died or his first year there. Certainly not the year after going to a GF.

I was reporting what someone else said, someone more invested in the Warriors than me. He meant anyone halfway decent. McClennan and Elliott were not halfway decent. In any way.

That’s about it. You can insult me like a child all you want, but it doesn’t change anything.

betcats

Referee
I was reporting what someone else said, someone more invested in the Warriors than me. He meant anyone halfway decent. McClennan and Elliott were not halfway decent. In any way.

That’s about it. You can insult me like a child all you want, but it doesn’t change anything.

It certainly doesn't change the ridiculousness of your mates opinion that is for sure, absolute garbage lol and now you are moving posts, even if he meant 'halfway decent' its f**king stupid.

Anyway Billy boy i'm fairly confident we will be doing well next season so you will be able to disappear again since there wont be much for you to complain about.

billypilgrimnz

First Grade
It certainly doesn't change the ridiculousness of your mates opinion that is for sure, absolute garbage lol and now you are moving posts, even if he meant 'halfway decent' its f**king stupid.

Anyway Billy boy i'm fairly confident we will be doing well next season so you will be able to disappear again since there wont be much for you to complain about.

And I'm pretty sure whatever happens you will continue to be a gaping arsehole who can't argue simple league opinions without resorting to petty insults like a child. So there is that.

(And yes, I understand I am also hurling petty insults like a child, but that is because you are a gaping arsehole, not because you think differently about Cleary. See the difference? You need to grow up)

betcats

Referee
OMG get off your high horse you insult people regularly you hypocrite lol how silly. And I am a gaping asshole who regularly makes you look silly you muppet, at least I can admit what I am.
There are many valid criticisms of Ivans coaching you could of used to bag him and I wouldn't argue because I cant. But you had to post some ridiculous opinion from one of your imaginary friends that made no f**king sense at all to try and really make Ivan look shit lol of course I am going to say something you imbecile, don't make it so easy next time.

Also you are thin skinned, really thin skinned, that's not my problem Billy boy.

Last edited:

Kilkenny

Coach
Doesn’t really matter what one’s personal views are on Ivan he is our coach for the next five seasons or until he gets sacked which ever comes first. Let’s hope it works out and he brings us a third premiership, that would be nice.

Latest posts