What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2019 FW1 Fri - Roosters 30-6 Rabbitohs @ SCG

Finals Week 1: Roosters v Rabbitohs

• Sydney Roosters

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • South Sydney Rabbitohs

• Draw after Golden Point

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Danish

Referee
I notice the “very sick boy” Knight is playing.

I guess his alleged concussion wasn’t as bad as Bennett made out in the press conference after the game

Walt Flanigan

Referee
Usually I'd go for Souths but it would be more ideal for us if Souths lose and The Raiders win this weekend so the Roosters and Storm find themselves on the same side of the draw. Not saying we're a good chance of beating the Storm this weekend but that's the best situation for us.

ram raid

Bench
Souths are in a good position I think. There's relatively little pressure on them and they should be confident after last week. But I just feel like the Roosters are this sleeping giant and they're about to get real.

yobbo84

First Grade
Souths attack is all about Cook running off quick play the balls. If roosters shut that down they win
This is where we fell in a heap last year. When the refs let teams get away with murder in the ruck in finals time (for some reason, low penalty count = good finals match according to many), we had no answer, no plan B.

This year, well, this is what we're paying Wayne Bennett for. Interested to see if we've left anything up our sleeves for the finals.

adamkungl

Immortal
Most things would point to us winning

But

Bennett is 9-7 over Robinson since 2013, currently on a run of 4 in a row.
Despite, I think most would agree, Roosters have a superior team in almost every one of those years.

Roosters bogey team is Wayne Bennett.

yobbo84

First Grade
Most things would point to us winning

But

Bennett is 9-7 over Robinson since 2013, currently on a run of 4 in a row.
Despite, I think most would agree, Roosters have a superior team in almost every one of those years.

Roosters bogey team is Wayne Bennett.
My theory is that the Roosters eat structured attack for breakfast (case in point, last year's prelim). You can throw all the shifts, decoys, etc you like - the Roosters are that well trained they sort of go into auto pilot, stay calm, and win.

However, if you throw unstructured play at them, and combine that with going a bit of the old bash-and-barge (aka Bennett ball), you can throw the Roosters off their game. You need to get them playing emotionally. The Roosters are unbelievable front-runners but don't like it when you bash them, especially when they can't attack fast.

This is all well and good for an ambush - but can a side do it two weeks in a row? That's my doubt. Robinson will know 100% what's coming. A fast start by the Roosters could blow us off the park and you'll win by 20+. If it's close after 20 min - buckle up.

adamkungl

Immortal
My theory is that the Roosters eat structured attack for breakfast (case in point, last year's prelim). You can throw all the shifts, decoys, etc you like - the Roosters are that well trained they sort of go into auto pilot, stay calm, and win.

However, if you throw unstructured play at them, and combine that with going a bit of the old bash-and-barge (aka Bennett ball), you can throw the Roosters off their game. You need to get them playing emotionally. The Roosters are unbelievable front-runners but don't like it when you bash them, especially when they can't attack fast.

Some of the Roosters Broncos games over the last couple of years have been bizarre. Broncos will play boring footy all year then come out against the Roosters and run us end to end with a dozen offloads every set. Bennett gets Robinsons style better than any other coach in the comp.

Cockosh

Juniors
This is where we fell in a heap last year. When the refs let teams get away with murder in the ruck in finals time (for some reason, low penalty count = good finals match according to many), we had no answer, no plan B.

This year, well, this is what we're paying Wayne Bennett for. Interested to see if we've left anything up our sleeves for the finals.
I couldn’t agree more. Souffs cannot win without their weekly leg up penalties. First again for penalties awarded.
Souffs
Penalties Awarded 177
Penalties conceded 133
+44

Easts
Awarded 147
Conceded 173

70 penalty differential. How do you not win the minor premiership every year??

BranVan3000

Coach
I notice the “very sick boy” Knight is playing.

I guess his alleged concussion wasn’t as bad as Bennett made out in the press conference after the game
Was definitely faking the blood gushing out of his head, the medicab and having the team down to 17 men

Galeforce

Bench
I couldn’t agree more. Souffs cannot win without their weekly leg up penalties. First again for penalties awarded.
Souffs
Penalties Awarded 177
Penalties conceded 133
+44

Easts
Awarded 147
Conceded 173

70 penalty differential. How do you not win the minor premiership every year??

Have you ever considered , that there are valid reasons why teams are penalised ?
Roosters have conceded more penalties because they do actions to slow down play and be offside for starters.

only a merkin thinks that getting more penalised means a team is getting favouritism.

If you a re looking for "favouritism" excuses , consider the Match Review committee and Judiciary decisions.

I Bleed Maroon

Referee
Bunnies have blown out on Sportsbet. At $3.75 they’re good value
$5 for 1-12

The old man's a punter, I threw him a message about this. I'm still picking the Rorters but Souffs grinding out a torrid 1-12 win doesn't seem that farfetched to me at the moment.

Cockosh

Juniors
Have you ever considered , that there are valid reasons why teams are penalised ?
Roosters have conceded more penalties because they do actions to slow down play and be offside for starters.

only a merkin thinks that getting more penalised means a team is getting favouritism.

If you a re looking for "favouritism" excuses , consider the Match Review committee and Judiciary decisions.
I get you Souffs fans are a little uneducated so I’ll explain slowly. We don’t control penalties received. They are the penalties other teams give away. Still following? We play the same teams. Understandable if this was the only year we got 30 penalties less but we have only once in the last 11 seasons received more penalties than the vermin. Way back in 2011. You still confused?
As for the the judiciary the only thing to say is Burgess on Moylan = fine. Case closed. You “won” in 2014 on the back of a record penalty haul.

Latest posts