What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2019 Jerseys/Logos/Sponsorships

GAZF

First Grade
Raiders away looks better in person for sure. Needs green socks.

Tits should have stuck with their unique shade of blue. Plus the V looks like a bunch of unclosed paths in Illustrator.

Penrith should at least have black shorts.

Knights aren't the worst but are middle of the road. The sponsors block the primary features of the design. Barca stripes are a better look imo.

you’re having a laugh with the knights jersey being on the worst list.

I reckon the colour/pattern of the Knights Jersey is a classic - but the big green NIB rectangle sticker on the front with a blue & red background is a horrible combo for mine. Like when they had a big BP logo years ago. An example of the sponsorship not complimenting the jersey. And similar for NSW in recent years with the VB logo.

Similar for the Broncos - Team colours & pattern is good enough but it's like it's had bumper stickers slapped all over it. At least NRMA's sponsorship on the front has been allowed to change from it's corporate branding to blend in decently enough. As for the rest, the sponsorship integration is ugly for mine.

Last edited:

Dawesy76

Juniors
Do you think the light blue on the back of the shorts was an after thought after realising they didn't have enough of it on the jersey. I hope its not there for sponsorship space (not that the nrl would allow it) .
Light blue numbers would have been nice. I also like what the tigers do with the border around their number. Teams with 3 colours should be doing more if this.
Aren’t they just going for the ‘board shorts’ look?

flippikat

Bench
Do you think the light blue on the back of the shorts was an after thought after realising they didn't have enough of it on the jersey. I hope its not there for sponsorship space (not that the nrl would allow it) .

It's just bizarre! But I'm kinda getting used to it now.. it's certainly a different way to get a minor colour into the uniform.. side-panels just wouldn't have worked.

Oh and the Raiders away jersey is brilliant. Looks like a Raiders jersey from front and back. In the past some of the away kits with blue shorts have looked a bit Bulldogs-ish from the back, but this one is the keeper.

Cumberland Throw

First Grade
Light blue numbers would have been nice. I also like what the tigers do with the border around their number. Teams with 3 colours should be doing more if this.

Won't be long till the let arse sponsorships

macavity

Referee
Titans need a complete re-brand, including colours.

My vote would be for blue and burnt orange (ala Denver and Chicago in NFL) or Red and Yellow (ala Chiefs - but don't the afl team up there use that?)

Could also try teal and orange like they were originally going to use.

Sky blue for a QLD team is ridiculous, this latest colour change might be belated recognition of that.

Dawesy76

Juniors
Anyone heard if the Broncos are doing a heritage this year? They seem to always unvial it before the home game against the cowboys

Hello, I'm The Doctor

First Grade
Titans need a complete re-brand, including colours.

My vote would be for blue and burnt orange (ala Denver and Chicago in NFL) or Red and Yellow (ala Chiefs - but don't the afl team up there use that?)

Could also try teal and orange like they were originally going to use.

Sky blue for a QLD team is ridiculous, this latest colour change might be belated recognition of that.

Titans branding is monsterously bad!!!

I get that they want to do new jumper designs each year (thats fine i guess), but it means their central brand, that thing that they are recognised for, is their colours.

Se when their colours are the exact same as 5 other team and they change the shades every year, they have a f*cking problem.

If they went to ANY of the colour combinations you mentioned, they could have new designs every year and their brand would still be ok because they would still be the "Orange-Blue team" or the "Red-Yellow-Blue team"