What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2019 Jerseys/Logos/Sponsorships

sempmrh

Juniors
Roosters and NZ warriors

Actually just whack their front sponsor on the back as well just to fill a slot..

I doubt they actually get paid more for it .

We just need a blanket rule 1 sponsor on the back, I'd say only broncos would blow up
Clubs don't just give sponsorship positions on on-field apparel away for nothing unless they have to. Doing so would devalue sponsorship and make it difficult to ask for more in the future. Sure, companies taking more than one position likely pay less than the desired combined value if the two positions were offered up separately. But to say that clubs wouldn't get paid more in those situations seems way off to me.

Cumberland Throw

First Grade
Clubs don't just give sponsorship positions on on-field apparel away for nothing unless they have to. Doing so would devalue sponsorship and make it difficult to ask for more in the future. Sure, companies taking more than one position likely pay less than the desired combined value if the two positions were offered up separately. But to say that clubs wouldn't get paid more in those situations seems way off to me.

Or maybe they have an empty slot..

And they think that giving the major sponsor a free spot will help to retain them

Manly jersey also has an empty back

It's apparent there are too many slots across the game..

Rooster8

Juniors
Again reigniting last nights conversation, how much better does Manly's away look now with only a main front, and sleeve sponsors. Actually don't mind it now.

West's womens team were presented with their jerseys prior to the warms ups, and they looked like they only had the main sponsor on the front and nothing else, which really made the Tigers home jersey design stand out.

Do you think if teams were only allowed 1 main sponsor, that clubs/manufactures would be forced to focus more on their designs?

Last edited:

gzerounian

Juniors
how much better does Manly's away look now with only a main front, and sleeve sponsors. Actually don't mind it now.
I thought it looked strange without a top sponsor. Too much white on the back. Lottoland or another sponsor written in maroon would have looked better than empty space.

axl rose

Bench
Again reigniting last nights conversation, how much better does Manly's away look now with only a main front, and sleeve sponsors. Actually don't mind it now.

Dogs jersey looks much 'cleaner' as well with no ugly lower back sponsor cluttering it. No good for their bottom line but its a slick jersey.

The Marshall

Juniors
Dogs jersey looks much 'cleaner' as well with no ugly lower back sponsor cluttering it. No good for their bottom line but its a slick jersey.
They actually have Ladbrokes as the lower back sponser but can’t use that jersey over in NZ. I think those jerseys they used yesterday were just a one off because they didn’t have any grip on the chest either.

Dawesy76

Juniors
So with a lot of teams having ‘gaps’ on their jerseys. What do you guys put it down to? Teams not moving on their sponsorship prices or businessss have had enough?

gzerounian

Juniors
Titans actually looks good on the field. Doesn't actually look like the Titans though..
Do you think the light blue on the back of the shorts was an after thought after realising they didn't have enough of it on the jersey. I hope its not there for sponsorship space (not that the nrl would allow it) .
Light blue numbers would have been nice. I also like what the tigers do with the border around their number. Teams with 3 colours should be doing more if this.