What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2019 NRL Draw

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
You should write to the NRL and ask that the raiders get all the 6pm Friday games.
Good idea, here's my draft, let me know what you think:

Deer Mr Greenberg,

I am writing this letter because as a tax payer and rugby league fan I am outraged that occasionally my team plays in a time slot that I don't like. 6pm on Friday night is redicolous. I want my team to play at 3pm every Sunday. The 25km commute is also far too long for me and me family, please provide a valet service to take me and me family to and from the game. I don't care that a 6pm game gives the nrl more income. I don't care that there are 15 other teams in the competition.

Also, food prices at the game are too high. By the time I buy 12 hotdogs, 4 bottles of fanta, 4 pies, 8 ice creams and a dagwood dog I've spent well over $100. Also I should be able to bring a carton of piss into the ground, but as a (insert irrelevant racial slur here) you only care about money.

In conclusion, the game was better in the 80s and 90s.

Fanks for your time,

Rugby league fan.

PS. Piss off the bunker so I can whinge about the refs mistakes more.

carcharias

Immortal

Deer Mr Greenberg,

I am writing this letter because as a tax payer and rugby league fan I am outraged that occasionally my team plays in a time slot that I don't like. 6pm on Friday night is redicolous. I want my team to play at 3pm every Sunday. The 25km commute is also far too long for me and me family, please provide a valet service to take me and me family to and from the game. I don't care that a 6pm game gives the nrl more income. I don't care that there are 15 other teams in the competition.

Also, food prices at the game are too high. By the time I buy 12 hotdogs, 4 bottles of fanta, 4 pies, 8 ice creams and a dagwood dog I've spent well over $100. Also I should be able to bring a carton of piss into the ground, but as a (insert irrelevant racial slur here) you only care about money.

Fanks for your time,

Rugby league fan.

Don’t forget to include a massive sook about Sydney crowds.

macavity

Referee

Deer Mr Greenberg,

Fanks for your time,

Rugby league fan.

If it was "occasional" we wouldn't have an issue.

We had 5 home and 4 away last year. 41% of our games.

That is not "occasional".

carcharias

Immortal

That is shit.

Anyway
6pm kick off is tough for all fans of all teams.
It makes sitting at home watching it on the TV very easy.
Taking into account most people don’t finish work until 5pm.
TV wins
That is the only reason a 6 pm kick exists.

Lambretta

First Grade
The timeslot does suck but someone's gotta do it. I'm sure there'll be plenty of other good games to attend.

No, no they don't
The whole point is that no one should have to do it

The time slot needs to be removed permanently and never re-visited

Lambretta

First Grade
That is shit.

Anyway
TV wins

I will not be watching them

carcharias

Immortal
I will not be watching them
Plenty will.
I will.
Only because it’s on.
If it wasn’t I wouldn’t care... happy to wait until later.
In fact I barely take much notice of the 6pm game when I watch on TV.
I’m usually out on the BBQ
It’s just on in the back ground.

Tommy Smith

Referee

That is indeed bullshit.

Knights fans shouldn't have to endure the shitty Friday 6pm time slot way disproportionately more than other clubs simply because their fans still turn up more than others and it's not a major city where commuting is a bigger issue at that time.

There are, what, 23 Friday 6pm time slots per year? Given that there's 16 clubs no one should have more than 2. 3 at the absolute maximum.

Alas that would be fair and we can't have that. The Broncos 7 day turn arounds need to be pencilled in first and then everything else works around that.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member

I think it was 4 and 4 - one of the Friday night home games was primetime (v Parra from memory).

Yeah it's high but last year was on the back of three straight wooden spoons, I'm not sure what else you would expect.
No, no they don't
The whole point is that no one should have to do it

The time slot needs to be removed permanently and never re-visited
While I think many would agree, the reality is that it isn't going to change during the course of this deal, so it needs to be managed as best as possible.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
The warriors should have 4 of the 6pm slots, being 8pm for them.
They had 5 at home last year, one more than the Knights, plus a further two away. One less overall than Newcastle did (4 away), but more at home. And I agree, the Warriors should dominate that timeslot and that's how I thought it would be used.

Lambretta

First Grade
Plenty will.
I will.
Only because it’s on.
If it wasn’t I wouldn’t care... happy to wait until later.
In fact I barely take much notice of the 6pm game when I watch on TV.
I’m usually out on the BBQ
It’s just on in the back ground.

Same with me, if I ever have it on, I rarely watch
Alternatively, I record it and watch it later

6pm is travelling home time, or walking the dog time, or making dinner time or well, pretty much f**king anything else except sitting down watching tv

Prime time is called prime time for a reason. 6pm is not it.
The time slot doesn't work for people going to the games, nor does it work for people watching the games

It's a dumb failure and should not be persisted with

yobbo84

First Grade
The Knights were coming off 3 consecutive wooden spoons. Of course they were going to get the bum end of the stick. 2019 should be a bit better for them.

Perth Red

Post Whore
That is shit.

Anyway
TV wins

Surely its not tough if you finish work at 5pm and can go straight to the game? Don't we have one of the biggest single male under 30 demographics of any sport? Id have thought this a perfect time spot to head straight from work with mates for beers, game, more beers. I know that'd be what I was doing if I was 25!

I feel robbed as it is 4pm KO in WA so I only get 6 live games I can watch for my Foxtel subscription lol.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Same with me, if I ever have it on, I rarely watch
Alternatively, I record it and watch it later

6pm is travelling home time, or walking the dog time, or making dinner time or well, pretty much f**king anything else except sitting down watching tv

Prime time is called prime time for a reason. 6pm is not it.
The time slot doesn't work for people going to the games, nor does it work for people watching the games

It's a dumb failure and should not be persisted with

The Fox viewing has sadly been strong in this spot, anecdotally Id say it is the third best viewing numbers of the weekend but cant find stats anywhere to back that up. It aint going anywhere for another 4 years, sigh.

macavity

Referee
The Knights were coming off 3 consecutive wooden spoons. Of course they were going to get the bum end of the stick. 2019 should be a bit better for them.

So the fans get punished because the team are shit? Isn’t having to sit through three spoons enough punishment?

And they told us Friday 6pm is rating well, shouldn’t they be giving us Saturday 530 then?

M2D2

Bench
The friday 6pm fixture is shit.
But when you are one of the few places that dont see a 10k attendance figure for it, you are probably going to cop it more than most.
And considering some of your fans always whinge about Sydney crowds, i find it quite risible.