What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2021 R15 Fri - Penrith 38-12 Sydney @ BlueBet

Round 15: Penrith v Sydney

• Penrith Panthers

Votes: 15 75.0%
  • Sydney Roosters

Votes: 5 25.0%
  • Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Valheru

Coach
It’s not hard to understand, isn’t it but that will be the narrative now.
Yep the whole narrative now is that Robbo asked for this and it is just blatantly wrong.

Anyways, in regards to last night we may still have been beat at 12-0 up without the sin binning but the point is we don't know. Given our outs Penrith didn't need any help and the binning absolutely ruined the game.

Yep the whole narrative now is that Robbo asked for this and it is just blatantly wrong.

Anyways, in regards to last night we may still have been beat at 12-0 up without the sin binning but the point is we don't know. Given our outs Penrith didn't need any help and the binning absolutely ruined the game.
Yep. Turning point was Manu’s in-goal error.

Also, to all those saying Robbo asked for this? Genius Anasta said the same thing as you lot post game. Let that sink in.

Maximus

Coach
Lol what a load of shit.

Pereira was a send off under any rules in any year.

Robbo said at the beginning of all this he wanted to see the serious incidents dealt with on field which was in reference to his 5/8 getting a punctured lung through foul play that didn't even result in a penalty. He never said he wants every instance of high contact to be a binning
Tedesco dropped half his body height in the second before Pereira hit him. Cleary dropped about a foot last night.

Both high tackles were caused by the opponent slipping. Why should one be a send off and the other play on?

big hit!

Bench
f**k this shit. Two more shit sin bins that ended their respective games last night - Robson for Cowboys and Taukeiaho for Roosters.

We can’t have negligent high tackles, this i agree with. But both instances last night were the ball carrier falling into the tackle. What’s the defender to do in that split second? f**king Toleman and Cleary should’ve been the ones sent to the bin because they were negligent and caused the high contact!

A bit of common sense and review the footage! They do it for everything else.

Nealo 12

Bench

I’d say we would of come home with a wet sail no matter what last night, just happened a bit earlier with the sin bin

big hit!

Bench
Re the actual game - young Suaali had a mare in defence.

and what’s up with Walker’s shoulders Roosters fans? I know playing him every match wasn’t the desired outcome and has evolved kind of through necessity, but the kid doesn’t have a body ready for the week to week rigours of NRL and now has a couple of busted shoulders and just 18 years of age. Pretty bad player welfare right there

Valheru

Coach
Tedesco dropped half his body height in the second before Pereira hit him. Cleary dropped about a foot last night.

Both high tackles were caused by the opponent slipping. Why should one be a send off and the other play on?
Pereiera hit him late for starters and with a swinging arm. Teddy dropped mildly.

I didn't say last night should have been play on. Penalty is sufficient.

Valheru

Coach
Re the actual game - young Suaali had a mare in defence.

and what’s up with Walker’s shoulders Roosters fans? I know playing him every match wasn’t the desired outcome and has evolved kind of through necessity, but the kid doesn’t have a body ready for the week to week rigours of NRL and now has a couple of busted shoulders and just 18 years of age. Pretty bad player welfare right there
Well thats why we're not playing him every week

Let’s correct the narrative here with some facts. The sin bin did not occur at 12-0, it happened at 12-6. The offending tackle happened inside the Panthers attacking 20; so given it took Penrith all of 3 tackles inside the Roosters half to score their initial try, it is not unimaginable that Penrith would have scored again (without the high tackle) and the scores would have been even (or close to it). I am not sure what the betting was at that exact instance before the sin bin, but I would hazard a guess it was in the Panthers favour. This would have confirmed with the ‘eye test’.

The cruel irony is though that it wasn’t the sin bin that crueled the Roosters chances, but that the tackle made on Cleary wasn’t a sin bin five years ago. Over the past 12 months the Roosters have had some champions retire, in Friend and Cordner because of head knocks; and the sobering reality to all footy fans is that Teddy with his history could be on a similar path too. With those players the Roosters have a better chance of winning, and surely that chance is improved by the stance the league is taking at the moment.

Sphagnum

Coach

giphy.gif

Valheru

Coach
Let’s correct the narrative here with some facts. The sin bin did not occur at 12-0, it happened at 12-6. The offending tackle happened inside the Panthers attacking 20; so given it took Penrith all of 3 tackles inside the Roosters half to score their initial try, it is not unimaginable that Penrith would have scored again (without the high tackle) and the scores would have been even (or close to it). I am not sure what the betting was at that exact instance before the sin bin, but I would hazard a guess it was in the Panthers favour. This would have confirmed with the ‘eye test’.

The cruel irony is though that it wasn’t the sin bin that crueled the Roosters chances, but that the tackle made on Cleary wasn’t a sin bin five years ago. Over the past 12 months the Roosters have had some champions retire, in Friend and Cordner because of head knocks; and the sobering reality to all footy fans is that Teddy with his history could be on a similar path too. With those players the Roosters have a better chance of winning, and surely that chance is improved by the stance the league is taking at the moment.
Ok 12-6. Whatever.

We would have a better chance of not conceding the lead with 13 on the field wouldn't you agree?

What would you have liked SST to do there? Leapfrog over him?

Cords and friend both got most of their knocks from tackling, not being tackled.

Ok 12-6. Whatever.

We would have a better chance of not conceding the lead with 13 on the field wouldn't you agree?

What would you have liked SST to do there? Leapfrog over him?

Cords and friend both got most of their knocks from tackling, not being tackled.
What would I like SST to do? Bend his knees and tackle lower. My point is even without Cleary falling (which he did) the tackle would have been around the upper chest at best. Needs to be a duty of care from the defender.

And in terms of Friend and ‘Cords’ the latter tackles that caused the later concussions were from them tackling, but the high tackles that we accepted over the years because ‘they were slipping’ contributed to the irreversible damage that has been done to their brain.

And no I can’t point to specific evidence to support this, but I will bet all the money in my pocket versus all the money in you pocket that if I watch a random 5 games of Roosters over the past 5 years that those two players were involved in, I will find a least 5 occasions where those players were hit in the head.

The_Frog

First Grade
Roosters going the high shot quite a bit in the first half. Nathan hit high 3 times that I can recall. Same as when they were getting reamed by the Broncos a few weeks back. Robbo must have told them to wake up to themselves because they were better in the second half.

When you are doing this, chances are the refs are going to lose patience and bin someone.

Latest posts