What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2021 Rabbitohs Rumours, Signings And News

250excf

Juniors
If we want to get to 22 we need experience backs
Stop stressing buddy it won’t change anything and it’s not good for you Campbell Graham as a solid reliable centre all we need is one more let nature take its course
We can’t control it so why stress

Rabbitsglory

Juniors
Stop stressing buddy it won’t change anything and it’s not good for you Campbell Graham as a solid reliable centre all we need is one more let nature take its course
We can’t control it so why stress
You right I guess chee kam will be the other centre

callmack1

Staff member
Sorry for the late reaction, I've had a break from Footy and the forums this weekend.

But oh my god, so bloody good to hear about Cody!! It's the news we've all been waiting for and I couldn't be happier! Will wait for the official announcement to really celebrate though.

I disagree with those of you saying him re-signing for $600k is bad cap management, I think it's a sign of fantastic cap management because we're able to get him so damn cheap. It's also a testiment to how much Cody loves the club. A true Souths man! Jeez I love him!!

Rabbits20

Immortal
Souths are set to open the 2022 season against Broncos but it will no longer be in Sydney instead it’ll be an away game for us against the Broncos at Suncorp!

Rabbits20

Immortal
Monday Buzz: Weekend highlights and lowlights from the sporting world
Despite the NRL’s most bitter rivals opening the new Allianz stadium, the biggest talking point in the build-up will be around the naming of the four grandstands.
Phil Rothfield
October 31, 2021 - 5:44PM
News Corp Australia Sports Newsroom

The most bitter rivals in Australian sport, the Sydney Roosters and the South Sydney Rabbitohs, will be granted the honour of opening Sydney’s magnificent new $800 million Allianz stadium in Moore Park next season.

This match has already been pencilled in the NRL draw for round 25 in August, a few weeks after builders are expected to be finished on the 43,000 seat venue which will feature the most state of the art facilities at any sporting venue in the southern hemisphere.

Rugby league has beaten rival football codes for the official opening although there might be a test event the weekend before to ensure the stadium is ready for a blockbuster full house when the Roosters host their arch-rivals.

The Daily Telegraph can reveal the NRL has earmarked the game for a Friday night kick-off.

No doubt all tickets will be snapped up within hours of going on sale.

The big talking point in the build-up to the opening of the venue will be around the naming of the four grandstands by Venues NSW chairman Tony Shepherd and his directors.

Wallaby icon Sir Nicholas Shehadie’s name will remain on one of the stands.

Soccer is most likely to be recognised with a stand named after old legend Johnny Warren.

We’re hearing there will be two old rugby league players honoured.

It won’t be Clive Churchill because his grandstand is already next door at the Sydney Cricket Ground.

No doubt rugby league immortal, indigenous legend and Sydney Roosters great Arthur Beetson will be in the mix along with old-time legends Dally Messenger or Dave Brown.

The Rabbitohs are in the process of finalising their home ground plan for 2023 onwards.

It is expected they will leave Stadium Australia in Homebush to share Allianz with the Roosters.

The Roosters however will have exclusive use of the venue and its surroundings for their high-performance centre and football offices.

Who should the four new Allianz Stadium stands be named after?

Arthur Beetson
Ron Coote
Dally Messenger
Johnny Raper
Jack Gibson
Dave Brown
Sir Nicholas Shehadie
The Ella brothers
Johnny Warren
Select one and leave your other picks in the comments