What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2021 Rd1: Eels v Broncos GAME DAY thread at Suncorp 12/3

IFR33K

Coach
Opacic was incredible - made so many great defensive reads, and tackles, and ran some good lines.

He was a very good pick up.

Papali'i was like prime Fuifui - beast mode.

We started off slowly - and the Broncos, wanting to shake off their spoon-winning season, started off strongly.

But that second half was excellent - patient, composed, and well thought out attacking football.

It was a very solid second half, but they did lose three players.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
They are down to 15 men. If we pull our finger out we still win this.
Lets see how Moses handles it. Aslo g as we defined well and get one try in the first 20mins we will run right over the top with 2 or 3 late tries.

This will give us a great idea how much his mentality has changed.
Good halftime post

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
Reckon once Cartwright is fit, lane is the odd one out.....can’t see him being in front of papa , kaufusi, Marata at this stage for a bench spot ...and BA has suggested Cartwright was pushing for a starting spot

Y'know, tonight, after a trip to the local, I was walking past the house from which Blake F and a few others showered passers by with beer cans and bottles some years back, and I thought 'Barry...Blake's going do some good things tonight'. He did at least one good thing.

TheParraboy

Staff member
One must remember Broncos would have been motivated and had desire to show something tonight, regardless who they had out. How long they can maintain this motivation and desire time will tell, it won’t last.

We weren’t switched on in the first half combined with the Ponys new lease of life was always dangerous formula and it showed on the scoreboard

Glad we got the two points rather than not

Early acid test next week

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
The broncos have been causing havoc on our edges all game. The Broncos FFS!! If it was missed tackles I’d understand, but this is a problem with our structure and the players we have within it.
Every team's edges look bad when their middle is under pressure. That's how rugby league works. Earning the right to shift the ball means waiting until the edge defence is outnumbered and on the back foot.

Latest posts