What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2021 - Squad, Signings, Re-signings

Craig93

Juniors
I'd like our next prop signing to be a beast. I'm sick to death of seeing other clubs state that they will play a beast prop here and a beast prop there. Why don't we? While our current crop of props are going ok and I mean ok, no-one can be classed as a beast.

We might even need a couple of beasts who have power, strength, running and off loading prowess to put fear into the opposition every game day!
How about Molo?

possm

Coach
I've got no idea and I don't think our recruiters have as well. There might be one or two in the lower grades but there must be some pacific islanders wanting some of the action?
The next stage of our management clean-out has to be the moving on of Millward and Horan. Griffin needs some clever staff around him that can pull off the big signings. The Dragons need someone who can sell our plan for the future.

Two more noses out of the trough!

possm

Coach
Another double standard
I'd say Kerr's time as an edge forward is coming to end. Back to the prop rotation or off to another club. Our back-row depth will be burns and Ford; though I would like to see Fui retained if possible. I suppose it all depends on cap space. However, surely Beale, William, and Runciman would be on the chopping block before Fui.

possm

Coach
Correct....excellent signing....underrated player....
Molo would be great off the bench however, we need a beast to partner Vaughan in the run-on 13. The fourth prop will be whoever is the in-form player at the time but most probably Lawrie.

So in reserve grade, we would have Alvaro, Faamausili, Ellis, Ford, Burns, McGuire. Surely whoever is off-contract will be under pressure to leave. Ellis?

redv13

Bench
Molo would be great off the bench however, we need a beast to partner Vaughan in the run-on 13. The fourth prop will be whoever is the in-form player at the time but most probably Lawrie.

So in reserve grade, we would have Alvaro, Faamausili, Ellis, Ford, Burns, McGuire. Surely whoever is off-contract will be under pressure to leave. Ellis?
McGuire won’t be playing reserve grade mate

getsmarty

Immortal

Correct re Ellis....will depend on who is available....

Dragonslayer

First Grade
I'd say Kerr's time as an edge forward is coming to end. Back to the prop rotation or off to another club. Our back-row depth will be burns and Ford; though I would like to see Fui retained if possible. I suppose it all depends on cap space. However, surely Beale, William, and Runciman would be on the chopping block before Fui.

Where are you getting Runciman from?

He's on a part-timers contract playing reserve grade, he's not part of out top 30 or DS squad.

thebigredv

First Grade
Nick Meaney is a talented player available next year. Could certainly do the job and is good cover if Sloane/Ramsey don't thrive at the fullback role. Defensively sound and a bit of toe.