What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2021 - Squad, Signings, Re-signings

Forbes Creek Dragons

First Grade
Just further to my post above, and going back over what Webb said in the RedVPodcast (from about 20min 20 sec to 21min 30 sec marks)

4 or 5 spots available for next year, so basically 25 or 26 already on the list for 2022.

Interesting though:

There are 21 "official" signings:
Alvaro, Bird, Burns, Clune, DeBelin, Faamausili, Mat Feagai, Max Feagai, Ford, Hunt, Kerr, Lawrie, Lomax, McCullough, Maguire, Molo, Ramsey, Ravalawa, Sims, Sullivan & Vaughan.

= 8 middle forwards

= 5 backs
= 4 edge forwards
= 3 halves
= 1 hooker

So, I think 2 will be promoted from the DS:
Amone & Sloan

= 1 half (now makes 4)
= 1 back (now makes 6)

Players who are off contract who we may look to re-sign:
Fuimaono & Williame (possibly Beale?)

= 1 utility forward/back
= 1 (possibly 2) back

This would get us to the 4 or 5 spots available statement Webb has suggested.

Webb says they are looking at a big body forward.

I would think that a utility hooker in the mold of what role Hunt plays for QLD would be beneficial as well, with Fui covering the forwards as an edge/lock/centre option. Maguire can "fill-in" at hooker, but wouldn't be that effective other than passing the ball ie: no running game from dummy half or alternative kicker and certainly no dash. Young Muhleisen is a couple of years away (coincide with Maccas contract).
This is why I think Nikorima would be a good buy for 2 years, can play hooker, fullback and in the halves and used as the Ben Hunt type utility (I think they've tried it with Clune for example).

Our bench would be for example, 2 props, Fui (as the utility forward) and Nikorima (as the utility back and X-factor).
We definitely need backup at hooker. McGuire could get us through a game if Macca went down but I doubt we would make finals with him. I like Nikorima but I would almost guarantee even if we bought him as a utility he would no doubt end up a starting halve.

George Sancti

Juniors
TPJ would be a very good acquisition, provided we play him as a prop. He is tough, has an offload and can be damaging in both attack and defense. With the speed of the game now, I don't see him as a back rower, plus there may be some resistance if they try to change his style of play too much.

Gourley's Socks

Juniors
TPJ would be a very good acquisition, provided we play him as a prop. He is tough, has an offload and can be damaging in both attack and defense. With the speed of the game now, I don't see him as a back rower, plus there may be some resistance if they try to change his style of play too much.
I don't disagree.

Plus he's an ex-Bronco who drifts in and out of games with an allegedly shady group of off-field friends so he ticks all our boxes.

Slippery Morris

First Grade
I think this Bronco connection Saints are building may help snag some good talent up North. Smart thinking Saints. A team of juniors and some experienced Qlders. Great mix.

getsmarty

Immortal

2022 recruit Molo on Origin debut​

Queensland Maroons interchange player Francis Molo believes he has the game that will be suited for the Origin arena, where he can’t wait to test himself coming off the bench

getsmarty

Immortal
DOGS’ SHOCK LINK TO BRONCOS EXILE

The Bulldogs are set to turn their attention to exiled Broncos forward Tevita Pangai Jr.

Retired All Blacks coach Steve Hansen spoke to Shaun Johnson last week about joining the club but on Friday he elected to sign a two-year deal to return to the Warriors.

Belmore powerbrokers may still be in the market for a halves partner to incoming Penrith gun Matt Burton, but they’re also on the hunt for a middle forward.

Pangai Jr has become a casualty of Brisbane’s bloated salary cap, despite being the clear leader in offloads in the NRL this season.

Pangai in a pack already containing Luke Thompson, Josh Jackson and Jack Hetherington could be a real strike weapon.

st shaneoh

Juniors
Bit Harsh.
A regular poster posting some footy news which gives us something to read. Even though it's not dragons related, although it now does end any speculation of us signing him.
You idiot
Why would we have signed him when we have Sullivan, Amone,Clune and Hunt as halves. Or do you think we should have put another roadblock in front of our juniors coming through ? We need a dominant front rower. Would Johnson have filled that role? Maybe you think the McGregor sacking was a bit harsh

st shaneoh

Juniors
Bit Harsh.
A regular poster posting some footy news which gives us something to read. Even though it's not dragons related, although it now does end any speculation of us signing him.
Getsmarty your a hypocrite
You bang on your podcasts about juniors getting a go

blacksafake

First Grade
You idiot
Why would we have signed him when we have Sullivan, Amone,Clune and Hunt as halves. Or do you think we should have put another roadblock in front of our juniors coming through ? We need a dominant front rower. Would Johnson have filled that role? Maybe you think the McGregor sacking was a bit harsh
Great mature start to your response.
I never said we were signing him but if you were able to read you would have read some posters & some media reports stating that we were interested in him.

TruSaint

Referee
You idiot
Blacksafake
You have a girl driving you
With a strap on

Take a break mate.

Old Timer

Coach
You idiot
You obviously failed comprehension 12 years in a row 1 better that our great run well done champ.

Maybe you need to read posts twice and then get an interpreter to help you.

Latest posts