What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Game 2022 Crowd Watch

Perth Red

Post Whore
Kids are only $5 though so don't see this having much impact. AFL down by 40% in their newer markets (Western Sydney, GC, Tasmania, Darwin, Cairns). down 5% overall. NRL doing very, very well to hold crowds at pre-COVID levels.
NRL average crowds currently around half AFL. The last time AFL was less than double the NRL was in 1991 when the MCG was being redeveloped. Excluding that I think it was 1978.

Is this a turning of the tide?
Unlikely, at 14.8k its not like ours is really going up yet. might make afl think twice about selling more Thursday night games though. Prices for both codes are gett8ng out of hand. I’m in Sydney next month and thinking of going to the eels panthers game. $105 for a good seat! That’s ok for a one off event but you’re not going many times a year at that price.

Jamberoo

Juniors
Unlikely, at 14.8k its not like ours is really going up yet. might make afl think twice about selling more Thursday night games though. Prices for both codes are gett8ng out of hand. I’m in Sydney next month and thinking of going to the eels panthers game. $105 for a good seat! That’s ok for a one off event but you’re not going many times a year at that price.
Only two bays are $100. All other sideline tickets are $85. Still, way too high. Lower level ends $45 and level 2 ends $25. Cheapest sideline tickets even for Eels v Warriors is $75. Crazy stuff. Much more $$$ than AFL (Perth excluded).

Iamback

Coach

Parra did that to stop opposition fans coming in.

You couldn't buy tickets earlier but any seat there is good.

bazza

Referee
You would hope that people planning to attend multiple games per year would be getting ticketed memberships to make it cheaper

Though does put a dampener on going to many away games if there is no deal for other team's members

Iamback

Coach
You would hope that people planning to attend multiple games per year would be getting ticketed memberships to make it cheaper

Though does put a dampener on going to many away games if there is no deal for other team's members

90% of away games are too difficult to go to anyway.

Iamback

Coach
Yeh travelling 40mins across the city to watch your club is such a hardship lol.

I will be in that boat next year.

I drive to work most days. Finish at 5pm
Parramatta has no parking - it was constructed that way.
So I have to drive 1 hour home. Leave the car
Get on a train at around 6.30
40 min on train further 20 min walk to the ground.
Get in my seat before game starts hopefully

To be home around midnight. If a Thursday need to be up at 6am the next day for work

It isn't as easy as it looks on Google. Certainly not multiple times a year.

Perth Red

Post Whore

Get on a train at around 6.30
40 min on train further 20 min walk to the ground.
Get in my seat before game starts hopefully

To be home around midnight. If a Thursday need to be up at 6am the next day for work

It isn't as easy as it looks on Google. Certainly not multiple times a year.
Most clubs only have 2-3 home games a year out of 12 in those two crap Ko times. 75% of games arent. For away games its making an effort 3-4 times a year. I get if you live way out west getting to shark park on a thursday night isnt going to be a trip your going to make but there are plenty that live within a 40min travel of a lot of stadiums in Sydney.

Isnt there somewhere on the train line closer you could drive from work and park and hop on the train? Would then mean driving home after the game would be quicker. Unless your house is in the middle between your workplace and parra driving all the way home to come back again doesnt make much sense?

Not to mention your an individual, how many tens of thousands of fans arent in your situation?

T-Boon

Coach

there is plenty of parking but the authorities tow any car that is registered with a penrith address. It is assumed to be up to no good.

Iamback

Coach
Most clubs only have 2-3 home games a year out of 12 in those two crap Ko times. 75% of games arent. For away games its making an effort 3-4 times a year. I get if you live way out west getting to shark park on a thursday night isnt going to be a trip your going to make but there are plenty that live within a 40min travel of a lot of stadiums in Sydney.

Isnt there somewhere on the train line closer you could drive from work and park and hop on the train? Would then mean driving home after the game would be quicker. Unless your house is in the middle between your workplace and parra driving all the way home to come back again doesnt make much sense?

Not to mention your an individual, how many tens of thousands of fans arent in your situation?

The crowds for the 3pm Sat, Thurs, and Friday night games would say plenty are in a similar situation.

Many posters here that live in Sydney have said similar. It is why using central stadiums won't work here

parrawentyfan

Juniors
Just bought tickets to the Women's SOO match in Canberra. Not sure what type of crowd we are expecting?

Most bays i checked had about between 10% and 50% tickets still available. Hard to know if the others are sold or just being held back.

Canberra in general I think would be a strong supporter of Women's sport. Although we are in the throes of winter here of course which will keep some away. It is relatively warm here though and will be about 7 or 8 degrees tonight.

Iamback

Coach
Just bought tickets to the Women's SOO match in Canberra. Not sure what type of crowd we are expecting?

Most bays i checked had about between 10% and 50% tickets still available. Hard to know if the others are sold or just being held back.

Canberra in general I think would be a strong supporter of Women's sport. Although we are in the throes of winter here of course which will keep some away. It is relatively warm here though and will be about 7 or 8 degrees tonight.

Having free tickets for certain bays take the cost out. Would be good to get a decent crowd and decent ratings

Abdo said last night during the U19's coverage that they're expecting 12K in Canberra tonight
And Perth is completely sold out too
thats excellent on both fronts

parrawentyfan

Juniors
Definitely similar or perhaps more than the usual Raiders crowd.

A little hard to tell because the top corners are mostly empty but the bottom bowl is fuller than usual. I'd say more than the Sunday game vs Knights at least.

Definitely similar or perhaps more than the usual Raiders crowd.

A little hard to tell because the top corners are mostly empty but the bottom bowl is fuller than usual. I'd say more than the Sunday game vs Knights at least.
yea went off the fuller bowl thinking it was bigger then last sundays raiders game , but when looking closer there was no one in the upper levels last night like there is at most raiders games so a 1000 less then last sunday

Latest posts