What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Game 2022 Crowd Watch

Iamback

Coach
Whats the increase? A lot more than previous years increases?
Its not like Roosters are paying $400k a game rent I would guess, or are you suggesting Roosters would be more profitable playing at a18k max suburban ground with a 1/4 the corporate seats available instead of at the new stadium??

The members seating tells the story.

Silver seating is where the bronze was.

I think 18k break even is too high. 14k is probably closer to the mark

Take someone like Roosters v Titans on a Sat.

It will draw maybe 12k and won't fill the corporates.

yet is perfect as a game moved to Gosford

Perth Red

Post Whore
Take someone like Roosters v Titans on a Sat.

It will draw maybe 12k and won't fill the corporates.

yet is perfect as a game moved to Gosford
Which only goes to back up my point that the only people taking games to areas willing to pay for them are ones who cant draw a decent crowd from their own fanbase or sell enough corporate seats.

SLRBRONCOS

Referee
Have they sold out AAMI Park yet? I heard tickets were down to $8
A shitload of seats left on the interactive map. Might end up with 18-21k though.

No AFL on, pretty disappointing TBH. Especially after their 40,000 membership announcement. But I’m sure the vast majority of those are sticker based and purchased to guarantee access to last minute GF release.

Valheru

Coach
A shitload of seats left on the interactive map. Might end up with 18-21k though.

No AFL on, pretty disappointing TBH. Especially after their 40,000 membership announcement. But I’m sure the vast majority of those are sticker based and purchased to guarantee access to last minute GF release.
Yep

Looks like Storm have gone full souths with their "membership" numbers.

westerntiger

Juniors
The NRL is the premier sporting league in this country based on ratings, social media numbers and engagement. Every single home and away game should sell out in my opinion.

The whole membership/season ticket thing is a stupid gimmick that leads to empty seats at "sold out" games. Fill the stands like they do in the EPL, we should be striving for nothing less.

SLRBRONCOS

Referee
And amazing atmosphere. The crowd noise was deafening
TBH I’ve found the MCG atmosphere to be overrated. You’re pretty far from the other side of the crowd, and it doesn’t have the same noise containers that a place like Suncorp (or even Eden Park) have. The MCC members are also the most pompous, silent gronks found at Australian sporting venues.

I’ve been to two grand finals and two all Victorian prelims there too. And while the atmosphere was good, they ain’t got shit on the Broncos 2015 prelim at suncorp, any origin game three at suncorp or an all Sydney NRL GF at Homebush.

westerntiger

Juniors
Ten minutes before kickoff and the crowd in the grandstand at Penrith looks pretty sparse. When will they hurry up and give this abysmal 6pm Friday game the chop?

Latest posts