What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 PF Fri - North Qld 20-24 Parramatta @ Queensland Country Bank

Finals Week 3: North Qld v Parramatta

• North Queensland Cowboys

Votes: 21 42.9%
  • Parramatta Eels

Votes: 25 51.0%
  • Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 3 6.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

King-Gutho94

Coach
Parra have left me flawed so many times over the years but this one has legit given me PTSD.

I was on a caravanning family holiday somewhere in a tiny country town in NZ when this game was on. We couldn’t find a pub or anywhere showing it so my old man drove to the top of the highest hill in town to get radio reception which was barely audible.

We worked out if we held the aerial on the van in a certain direction it improved the signal so we took turns one of us outside the van holding it as we listened through the window. That was all well and good until you factor in it was absolutely pissing down and about 2 degrees.

Our shifts holding the aerial was only 15 or so minutes at a time because my Mum had concerns we would get hypothermia.

annnnnnd as history shows we got absolutely belted which was the icing on the cake… good times.
I suppose it could have been worse you didn't have to watch the disgraceful performance live.

It's the only game I have left early in and I didn't have a choice as I was 11 at the time Mum and Dad were so disgusted saw enough in 65 mins to decide to get me and my brother back on the train back to Seven Hills before the fulltime siren.

I suppose it could have been worse you didn't have to watch the disgraceful performance live.

It's the only game I have left early in and I didn't have a choice as I was 11 at the time Mum and Dad were so disgusted saw enough in 65 mins to decide to get me and my brother back on the train back to Seven Hills before the fulltime siren.
Now that's worthy of PTSD....

Wb1234

Referee
I expect cowboys to win it with the week off and the home ground advantage but parra have a better chance of beating Penrith in the grand final than the cowboys do

payten has done an amazing job turning them around from the rabble they were

Oh so now you're thinking form and the teams themselves might be a bigger factor than the weather?

They are professional players, who gives a shit how hot it is.

The game is also at night.

Sorry but have you actually been to Townsville?

First time I did was for a Cowboys v Roosters game. At kick-off, which was 8.30 pm local time (it was still daylight savings time in Sydney as it was in April, which is the tail end of the wet season) it was 28 degrees and 75% humidity. After I got back to the hotel, I took off my jersey and rang it out. I filled half of the bathroom sink with sweat solely from my jersey 😯

So no matter how professional a player is, the weather will be a big factor for this game. It is how it effects each team, and how the players deal with it, which will go a long way to determining victory.

GongPanther

Referee
LOL!

BunniesMan

Immortal
Go Parra. The entire rugby league world is with you. A 36 year drought makes them every neutral fans favourite team.

I am predicting a comfortable win. 30-12

This Year?

Immortal
Go Parra. The entire rugby league world is with you. A 36 year drought makes them every neutral fans favourite team.

I am predicting a comfortable win. 30-12
kiss-of-death-god-father.gif

Latest posts