What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2023-2028 next tv deal discussion

First of all don’t be supercilious (feel free to look that word up). See it’s not pleasant to be talked down to.

Secondly learn how to write because your last post was indecipherable
first of all,
not my fault you can't add up , the numbers made perfect sense , except to an idiot lol

Colk

First Grade
I’m an idiot? Says the person who clearly doesn’t know how to use proper punctuation. Look at your last message for example: you have three commas yet you haven’t used a full stop. You have heard of full stops, right? When you write, you write as you speak and I’m pretty sure no one speaks like you just did. That is, unless you are having a stroke.

Also I’m an actuary so I deal with figures every day (feel free to look up what an actuary actually does) so I’m fairly confident in my ability to handle figures. Maybe that’s me being supercilious but I’d wager that I am pretty competent

I’m an idiot? Says the person who clearly doesn’t know how to use proper punctuation. Look at your last message for example: you have three commas yet you haven’t used a full stop. You have heard of full stops, right? When you write, you write as you speak and I’m pretty sure no one speaks like you just did. That is, unless you are having a stroke.

Also I’m an actuary so I deal with figures every day (feel free to look up what an actuary actually does) so I’m fairly confident in my ability to handle figures. Maybe that’s me being supercilious but I’d wager that I am pretty competent
its the grammar police folks
who called them ?

oh thats right

no one

& you're a wanker is what you are buddy

Perth Red

Post Whore
confirmation from who ?
it was reported ad nauseum for the last media rights deal
that foxtel were paying 1.2 billion for 5 years
with the kiwis paying 100 mill to bring the total deal to 1.9 billion

now foxtels amount has been reduced -renegotiated from 245pa to 220 mill pa & the length of the deal increased to 2027

but
they have agreed to tip in 100 million for the new expansion franchise & we know the extra 12 games per year are going to foxtel for 25 million a season or 125 million extra.
so i make it 265 million a season from 2023 to 2027 or 1.325 bill

nothing surer thats what they're paying.

FTA 600 million
Foxtel 1.325 Bill
Kiwis 150 million

our new deal will be worth 2.075 Bill for the period 2023 to 2027 or 415 mill a year
a reasonable result all things considered
Where are you getting the $1.2bill from? Any links? Was that for 5 year extension or renegotiated 7 years??

Id be ok with $1.9bill for the Australian contract. no growth other than value of expansion, but at least not less either.

Colk

First Grade
Somebody has to call the grammar police sometimes. Seriously mate, it’s probably the only language you can speak. There’s no excuse for you not to be able to communicate in English effectively; unless, for example, it is your second language, you are dyslexic or you have general reading and writing problems. If you do have any of these issues, I will apologise to you unreservedly.

Also and I may be speaking extemporaneously here but if you do suffer from these problems, there are plenty of avenues and programs available to you, so you can get the assistance that you deserve. Don’t suffer in silence.

On a serious note, however, don’t talk down to people. I’m only doing it to you because you did it to me first. So you’re the one carrying on like a ‘wanker’.

Firstly, it is extremely rude and impolite and secondly you have to be confident that you are indeed smarter than the person you are talking down to. Based on how you have responded to me, I wouldn’t share your confidence

Perth Red

Post Whore
Ok here’s the actual amounts based on news reports which we know can be way out but with vlandys burying the deals it’s all we have to go on.

fta still under negotiation But rumoured to be between $525mill - 600mill for five years

fox 7 year deal - your guess is as good as mine, I can’t find any media article with amount confirmed over what time period. They don’t break it down to year 1&2 renegotiation, then 23-27 Value. All depends if the speculated $1.2bill was for 7 years or 5.

fox increase payment For dolphins admission $75-100mill

previous deal
nine $925mill
fox $875mill
total $1.8bill

Colk

First Grade
Thank you PR

So based on those articles - that’s if you take these articles as fact - the highest amount per year would be $410 million and not $415 million. Unless of course there’s some evidence provided of the $25 million Fox have given over and above what is quoted in that News Limited article

Even so that amount of $410m per annum is based on some very hefty optimism; essentially meeting the top amount quoted on two seperate negotiations: the as yet unfinished FTA deal as well as the extra money from Fox for the 17th team.

I don’t know PR and everybody else. I don’t think it will shake down like that. What does everybody think? Something perhaps around $400m? I personally think the FTA deal won’t reach $120m because there is no competing bid it seems

tri_colours

Juniors

I bet you were an expert at spelling bee's

Perth Red

Post Whore
Fta deal will be very much based on if ch7 are serious bidders or not, and if nrl has the balls to split the rights. If not then I see no real motivation for Ch9 to offer more than the $105mill they’re rumoured to be wanting to pay. Expansion should be valuable to them as it’s a second brisbane club but it doesn’t sound like they want to pay anything towards it given the massive value of the last deal compared to what they are offering this one.

total guess based on no confirmed deal values but it could be
best case
fta $120mill
fox $240+20 =$260mill a year
$380mill Australian deal
plus $33mill sky nz plus a little bit from sky uk
that would include contra Of around 10% based on previous deals

worse case
fta $105mill
fox $171mill plus $15mill = $186mill
$291mill a year
plus sky deal

last deal around $360mill a year plus sky deal

Somebody has to call the grammar police sometimes. Seriously mate, it’s probably the only language you can speak. There’s no excuse for you not to be able to communicate in English effectively; unless, for example, it is your second language, you are dyslexic or you have general reading and writing problems. If you do have any of these issues, I will apologise to you unreservedly.

Also and I may be speaking extemporaneously here but if you do suffer from these problems, there are plenty of avenues and programs available to you, so you can get the assistance that you deserve. Don’t suffer in silence.

On a serious note, however, don’t talk down to people. I’m only doing it to you because you did it to me first. So you’re the one carrying on like a ‘wanker’.

Firstly, it is extremely rude and impolite and secondly you have to be confident that you are indeed smarter than the person you are talking down to. Based on how you have responded to me, I wouldn’t share your confidence
I don't take lectures from wankers & your first reply was a condesending look at me look at me effort that got exactly what it deserved.
You come across as an up yourself " im the smartest person in this room & every room " type

you won't do well in here Im afraid
sorry to break the news to ya

Fta deal will be very much based on if ch7 are serious bidders or not, and if nrl has the balls to split the rights. If not then I see no real motivation for Ch9 to offer more than the $105mill they’re rumoured to be wanting to pay. Expansion should be valuable to them as it’s a second brisbane club but it doesn’t sound like they want to pay anything towards it

Where are you getting the $1.2bill from? Any links? Was that for 5 year extension or renegotiated 7 years??

Id be ok with $1.9bill for the Australian contract. no growth other than value of expansion, but at least not less either.
if ch 9 were paying 600 mill out of 1.8 billion ( plenty of links to that amount )
what does that leave lol ?

Perth Red

Post Whore
if ch 9 were paying 600 mill out of 1.8 billion ( plenty of links to that amount )
what does that leave lol ?
The ch9 figure has only been out a few weeks. The only link to the $1.2bill I can find is the Masters one I have posted. I havent seen any commentary on this deal being worth $1.8billion? Maybe you're mixing it up with the last one?

Colk

First Grade
I don't take lectures from wankers & your first reply was a condesending look at me look at me effort that got exactly what it deserved.
You come across as an up yourself " im the smartest person in this room & every room " type

you won't do well in here Im afraid
sorry to break the news to ya

Firstly, if my initial post offended you or you felt it was condescending, I apologise as it was not my intention

Secondly, I can assure you that I don’t believe that I’m the smartest person in the room or every other room. It wouldn’t make any sense any way from an epistemological perspective - it is something that I can’t know absolutely and it is something that I absolutely can’t ever know. What I mean is that unless I know everybody in every room that I have been in and ever will be in and everything about every person in every room that I have or will ever be in, then it is impossible to know and impossible to believe in. I can pretty much say though that odds wise I would not be even close to reaching that very high improbability

Thirdly, you can’t speak for everyone else; in the same way that I can’t speak for everybody else. It’s impossible to do, as I or you, don’t know everybody and don’t know how everybody else is thinking

I bet you were an expert at spelling bee's

I didn’t mind spelling bees although I wasn’t an expert. How about you?

Billythekid

First Grade
Being the grammar police is when you point out 1 random mistake like a missing comma. Panthers posts are just random garbage strewn together. Do you just randomly hit enter and space as you’re typing? It’s honestly hard to parse what the hell you’re doing when posting on this forum.

It doesn’t help that every thread you’re in you’re super aggressive, argumentative and mostly just trolling.

Being the grammar police is when you point out 1 random mistake like a missing comma. Panthers posts are just random garbage strewn together. Do you just randomly hit enter and space as you’re typing? It’s honestly hard to parse what the hell you’re doing when posting on this forum.

It doesn’t help that every thread you’re in you’re super aggressive, argumentative and mostly just trolling.
Its hard not to be argumentative when dealing with NFI twats like you.

siv

First Grade
Ch7 will only be interested in the anti-syphoning games

Which is SOO and 3 games a week plus Aussie Tests

Perth Red

Post Whore
In a deal that will will end months of negotiations, Telstra is set to sign a six-year sponsorship agreement with the NRL reportedly worth $90 million.

The Australian reports that the deal is expected to be announced within days and will see Telstra keep the naming rights to the NRL for the next six years, as well as securing exclusive rights to show vision from games on the internet and mobile phones.

Telstra will also spend $60m for online and mobile rights to the Australian Football League in a five-year deal starting this year, and an additional $20 million for similar rights to the V8 Supercars in a six-year deal beginning this year.

Telstra had held the naming and new media rights with the NRL for the previous five seasons, a deal which expired at the end of last year.

Negotiations were hampered when the rights over new device technology, including mobile broadcast methods yet to be made commercially available in Australia, became a major stumbling block between the ARL, Telstra, News Limited and PBL Media (owner of Nine Network).

Its understood lawyers for News Limited had advised that TV broadcasters owned the right to images used on the internet and new mobile phone technology, and could not be sold by the NRL as part of a sponsorship deal.

Thus far, the NRL has made no official announcement with suggestions that the agreement is yet to be finalised.

Its understood the NRL have also had detailed discussions with a number of other prospective sponsors, including Telstra's mobile phone rival Vodafone.

However, reports indicate that an agreement has between Telstra and the NRL has been reached.

The new Telstra deal means that Channel Nine and Foxtel cannot show more than 30 seconds of game footage on their websites.

But its understood Telstra will offer its BigPond customers free access to archives of AFL and NRL games that can be downloaded from the internet.

Perth Red

Post Whore
So according to that telstra are paying $15mill a year for naming rights and some internet content.

where as AFL are getting $12mill for just internet content (and around $18.5mill a year for naming rights from Toyota).

hmmmm.